If all current MTA buses were destroyed and had to be reordered...

NX Express

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

If it was up to the (MTA), 90% of them would be from Orion lol

...now if it was up to me, I'll order basically what we got now EXCEPT for MCI's....a waste of money

Give me Orion 5 CNGs with Detroit Diesel and I'll be a very happy person :cool:

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

If it was up to the (MTA), 90% of them would be from Orion lol

...now if it was up to me, I'll order basically what we got now EXCEPT for MCI's....a waste of money

Agreed...I'd order some Orion 5 CNGs for the express routes and fit them with suburban seating.

Give me Orion 5 CNGs with Detroit Diesel and I'll be a very happy person :cool:

Agreed...I'd order some Orion 5 CNGs for the express routes and fit them with suburban seating.

Remember that most express routes do not use Orion 5 CNG's, so you would need lots of RTS or Orions with suburban seats.

Remember that most express routes do not use Orion 5 CNG's, so you would need lots of RTS or Orions with suburban seats.

Good point but since the RTS is dwindiling fast and there won't be any new ones (hopefully) plus the Orion V model is discontinued, I say order some LFS's and put suburban seats on them

Hybrid buses (NG?/Designline/LFS/NABI??) would be for bus routes that are primarily stop-and-go for a majority of the route, and have low average speeds per route (so basically all Manhattan bus routes lol). In an ideal world the Designline would work just the way it was intended to run (hey, a guy can dream) so the majority of the hybrid fleet would be Designlines. I'm all for a quieter transit system anyway.

The remainder of the local bus routes would either be clean Diesel/CNG buses (C40LF/NG/whoever else makes CNGs), to keep costs low on capital expense and overall maintenance.

I would have a mix of D60LFs and LFSA's (3 doors each) scattered around every borough, since there are high-demand routes in many depots, yet don't have artics.

Express routes would not use MCI's. However, they would use suburban LFS diesels, since those are solid buses.

Archived