Track Fire Rerouting the (B) & (D) via Rutgers & Culver (F)!

Brighton Local

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:3/17/2008 6:23:25&nbspPM

Due to a track fire at the Grand Street Station, Coney Island-bound (:D & (D) trains are running on the (F) line between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (:), (D) and (F) trains at this time.

Damn, that sucks!

I guess (D)s unload and load on (F) platform at CI. Then (B)s unload on (F) platform and then head to the yard. For real, (:D service should be suspended and those (:) trains should be put the (D) for service. Also put a few extra trains on the (Q).

True, **SOME** Southbound (B)ravos should end at Kings Highway-Culver, Run light to Avenue X, Run through Coney Is Yard, and enter Manhattan Bound Service as (Q) Trains at Stillwell. Just a thought :D

Unless the (D) is running via Round Robin at Stillwell, and (B)'s are just going Out of Service, OR are running via the West End to 'Pre-Bay 50 St', then running through Coney Island Yard, and are turning around? I dont know lol

Due to a smoke condition at the Grand Street Station, (:D and (D) trains are running on the (F) line in both directions between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take the (M) train for (D) service and the (Q) train for (:) service.

Please expect delays in service on the (:), (D), (M), (F) and (Q) trains at this time.

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:3/17/2008 6:23:25&nbspPM

Due to a track fire at the Grand Street Station, Coney Island-bound (:D & (D) trains are running on the (F) line between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (:), (D) and (F) trains at this time.

wow, they actually used "track fire" the first time? usually it's "smoke condition" as noted in your later post. but you know the saying...where there's smoke there's fire

wow, they actually used "track fire" the first time? usually it's "smoke condition" as noted in your later post. but you know the saying...where there's smoke there's fire

Trust me it was a FIRE...

I was the Last (B)ravo across the Bridge, there was a (D)elta right before me and thats it Power was cut.

Everything else anywhere on the 4th Ave Corridor or around Brighton after me either got turned or went up Broadway.

It took them a while to turn S/B service at either 34th or Wets 4th it wasnt pretty at all..

Trust me it was a FIRE...

I was the Last (B)ravo across the Bridge, there was a (D)elta right before me and thats it Power was cut.

Everything else anywhere on the 4th Ave Corridor or around Brighton after me either got turned or went up Broadway.

It took them a while to turn S/B service at either 34th or Wets 4th it wasnt pretty at all..

Wow man. Must have been really bad..

I WAS AT THE STATION WHEN THIS HAPPENED !!!

The fire took place a few feet away from the station, going close to the Manhattan Bridge approach. From what it looked like, it was because of garbage on the tracks or a spark from a train, not too sure. Luckily, I had my school Metrocard so wasting a ride wasnt so bad lol. I had to get to 42nd street so i got out and caught the (F) at delancey. The scene was crazy.

I WAS AT THE STATION WHEN THIS HAPPENED !!!

The fire took place a few feet away from the station, going close to the Manhattan Bridge approach. From what it looked like, it was because of garbage on the tracks or a spark from a train, not too sure. Luckily, I had my school Metrocard so wasting a ride wasnt so bad lol. I had to get to 42nd street so i got out and caught the (F) at delancey. The scene was crazy.

I passed it i know..

It was garbage buring and a lot of it...

I can expect track Department to be out there and the Next time i pass it (On Saturday) that whole area will be clean of trash..

Archived