Giuliani’s Daughter, 20, Is Arrested

NX Express

Rudolph W. Giuliani’s 20-year-old daughter was arrested on Wednesday after workers in an Upper East Side cosmetics store caught her stuffing makeup worth more than $100 into her coat pocket, law enforcement officials said.

The woman, Caroline Giuliani, who the police say shoplifted five items, was taken into custody at about 2:30 p.m. at the Sephora store on 86th Street near Lexington Avenue, the officials said.

A salesperson and a store security worker at Sephora, a chain that sells beauty supplies and skin care products, called 911 and held Ms. Giuliani until officers arrived. Deputy Commissioner Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s chief spokesman, said she was taken to the 19th Precinct and issued a desk appearance ticket for petit larceny, a low-level misdemeanor.

After her arrest, and when her identity became known, the store’s management informed the authorities they did not wish to press charges in the case, law enforcement officials said. As of Wednesday night, formal criminal charges had not been filed.

“Once we review the case, we will decide whether or not to file a criminal complaint,” said Erin Duggan, a spokeswoman for the Manhattan district attorney.

The return date set on the desk appearance ticket is Aug. 31, a law enforcement official said.

The alleged shoplifting was also caught on videotape, the officials said.

A woman answering the phone at the store declined to comment.

A spokeswoman for Mr. Giuliani said the former mayor “asks the media to respect the privacy of his daughter at this time.”

Did you see the way she looked when she was walking out of the precinct with her mother and her high powered lawyer? What a pompous spoiled brat, her brother Andrew is even worse. Like father, like daughter. She probably never every worked a day in her life. I can see a 13 or a 14yr old shoplifting but she is 20 an adult.

A DAT is all that will she receive, she is TOO GOOD for a fine and community service.

Did you see the way she looked when she was walking out of the precinct with her mother and her high powered lawyer? What a pompous spoiled brat, her brother Andrew is even worse. Like father, like daughter. She probably never every worked a day in her life. I can see a 13 or a 14yr old shoplifting but she is 20 an adult.

A DAT is all that will she receive, she is TOO GOOD for a fine and community service.

What pisses me off about this is she will only get a slap on the hand but had this been Corey Bookers kid or Espadas kid then Im sure this would of been different and this really gets under my skin when high part officials get special treatment

She's also filthy rich. Although, I'm sure if her dad showed her more attention instead of pretending to have been a good mayor, then maybe this wouldn't have happened.

This makes me wonder...the father is rich. Why shoplift?

These "people" are SAVAGES. They believe to the death that they are ABOVE everyone else. The way they see it, there is them, and there is "everyone else". They are greedy animals, pure and simple.

The funny thing is that she had $320 on her person at the time of the arrest- I saw a photo of her in the news today and she was sporting the most annoying smirk on her face as she was walked out of the store. God if only I could slap her I would.

I told my brother that the rich are very greedy folks. Even with all the money they have they don't want to spend so much as a cent on anything. It's retarded.

Archived