More fuel the MTA needs against S/As and the union.

Blatherskite

http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beats/transit/

It's idiots like this that deserve to be laid off. With everyone watching every single Transit worker with what's going on, you would think they would be more careful, especially when there is a camera on almost every cell phone. This S/A just gave the MTA a lot of fuel to justify layoffs.

I know that guy, I just gave him lunch the other day when I was doing overtime. I see it looks like he's sleeping in this picture but I can't say I think it's a regular thing for him. When I came to the booth to give him lunch it was like 3:30am and he was wide awake, In fact when I came to give him lunch he just went to the bathroom and came right back in 5 minutes. Plus there is a hearing office for stations employees right behind that booth with a superintendent inside 24 hours a day. So I'm not going to be quick to burn this guy at the stake. And the MTA doesn't need this story for fuel to lay people off, I have a perfect sick record 70 percentile level and no customer complaints or write ups. Yet within 2 weeks I will be laid off. That guy has 28 years on the job and will only get a re-instruction for the incident and maybe some days in the street.

http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beats/transit/

It's idiots like this that deserve to be laid off. With everyone watching every single Transit worker with what's going on, you would think they would be more careful, especially when there is a camera on almost every cell phone. This S/A just gave the MTA a lot of fuel to justify layoffs.

Listen...I know that there are far worse things than an old man takin a snooze at city hall station....namingly mayor Bloomberg turning approximately 2 billion of his own money into about 43 billion over the last 8 years....uhm...excuse me...but can the IRS get cracking on Mayor Bloombergs personal finances and leave this distinguished honorable old man alone after 28 years of service without a snooze!!! GO TELL THE MTA BOSS WALDEN OR WALDBERG OR WALDO OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS....that he needs to leave him alone and give him a raise...thank you and good day

Listen...I know that there are far worse things than an old man takin a snooze at city hall station....namingly mayor Bloomberg turning approximately 2 billion of his own money into about 43 billion over the last 8 years....uhm...excuse me...but can the IRS get cracking on Mayor Bloombergs personal finances and leave this distinguished honorable old man alone after 28 years of service without a snooze!!! GO TELL THE MTA BOSS WALDEN OR WALDBERG OR WALDO OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS....that he needs to leave him alone and give him a raise...thank you and good day

So this guy is not doing his job and he should get a raise for it. That doesn't sound right. Oh yeah, it's not like he was there for 28 years without a break every day.

well, obviously he must not have caught the ny post article on the sleeping on the job thing.......and with lots of "beakies" around looking for sleepers(whether in crew rooms on authorized breaks, whatever), he should have known better, especially since he he has enough seniority to pick a job where he doesnt have to do overnights........now should the rider have ratted to ny1 and bitched about it? probably not......my only thing with some of these photobugs is if you gonna run to the paper or tv about someone doing wrong, have the guts to show your face........dont be a coward..........remember it is the worker doing wrong, not you.......

So this guy is not doing his job and he should get a raise for it. That doesn't sound right. Oh yeah, it's not like he was there for 28 years without a break every day.

Don't you think this guy woulda got canned about 27 years ago if he was a slacker? or a snoozer? Obviously he is one hell of an employee cause he is still in that box doing a great job...this incident was just created by individuals working for Waldos' office just to have something to justify his absolutely criminal layoffs and cutbacks; since station agent layoffs are a very sensitive topic at the moment. We all slack or snooze from time to time...even Waldo..only diff with Waldo is that he got an office door with blinds on it!...As long as this gentleman is doing the job and getting it done...then they need to back off and stop looking for propoganda. Excuse me but... why not fire or lay off about 10 upper management positions for 10 newbies??? that move would actually save jobs!!!

So ONE mistake justifies that remark?

How many have you made in your life?

these s/a's also need to start helping themselves. i worked a g.o last night and from the entrance of the station you can see directly into the booth. and what is the s/a doing? sleeping of course. so i knock at the window and he is startled, and ask for the bathroom key. i said come on man with everything going on you need to be careful. of course in typical s/a fashion he blew me off, like why are you bothering me. so i only help once. next time he might not be so lucky depending who is in the area.

i said come on man with everything going on you need to be careful.

With 41 people up for termination downtown in the house of pain @ that you should have dropped that number on him..

We are are own WORST enemy...

Oh btw you do know that RTO bigs do read this site, so now im guessing somebody will be "looking in" on this S/A...

these s/a's also need to start helping themselves. i worked a g.o last night and from the entrance of the station you can see directly into the booth. and what is the s/a doing? sleeping of course. so i knock at the window and he is startled, and ask for the bathroom key. i said come on man with everything going on you need to be careful. of course in typical s/a fashion he blew me off, like why are you bothering me. so i only help once. next time he might not be so lucky depending who is in the area.

With that nasty attitude they wonder why no one came to their defense against the layoffs. You should have taken a picture of the fool and shown it to him just to scare him after the attitude and then delete it because he doesn't realize you could have brought him down very quickly. S/As file complaints against C/RS and T/Os, so why not show him what it's like to deal with a jackass like him.

you know you cant tell nobody anything down here.......lol.......

With 41 people up for termination downtown in the house of pain @ that you should have dropped that number on him..

We are are own WORST enemy...

Oh btw you do know that RTO bigs do read this site, so now im guessing somebody will be "looking in" on this S/A...

i never posted details of where i was working. i just said a g.o and there were a ton this weekend.

these s/a's also need to start helping themselves. i worked a g.o last night and from the entrance of the station you can see directly into the booth. and what is the s/a doing? sleeping of course.

IAWTP 100%- I always try to use the S/A's in stead of the MVM's to refill my metrocards, ask questions, etc, so that they have some extra business which the union could use as a bargaining chip or whatnot, since I don't like to see people get laid off. Yet, many (not all) of them are extremely rude and surly to me and make it seem like I am interrupting their important business of doing nothing. It is quite upsetting.

My personal favorite is about 2 months ago the S/A (I won't say where this happened since I don't want to get him or her in trouble) that refused to calculate how much 5 rides would cost (I am terrible at doing math in my head) and yelled "I ain't your slave, its not my job to do math" and then gave me a defective metrocard with a big scratch and then did not want to give me a new one. I was really pissed off from this, as you can tell :mad:

IAWTP 100%- I always try to use the S/A's in stead of the MVM's to refill my metrocards, ask questions, etc, so that they have some extra business which the union could use as a bargaining chip or whatnot, since I don't like to see people get laid off. Yet, many (not all) of them are extremely rude and surly to me and make it seem like I am interrupting their important business of doing nothing. It is quite upsetting.

My personal favorite is about 2 months ago the S/A (I won't say where this happened since I don't want to get him or her in trouble) that refused to calculate how much 5 rides would cost (I am terrible at doing math in my head) and yelled "I ain't your slave, its not my job to do math" and then gave me a defective metrocard with a big scratch and then did not want to give me a new one. I was really pissed off from this, as you can tell :mad:

Not surprising. I said pretty much what you said, but that made me a racist according to a few sweethearts here. Most of them don't want anyone to come up to their window. That would require them to work. They want to do nothing for 8 hours and get paid. That's called welfare, not work. They won't be missed when they are gone. Like I said, they did it to themselves. Had they acted more like humans, or at least not been so nasty, they may have had more people defend them. The Toronto Station Agents are great. They will help you any way they can. They will even help you get a lower fare and tell you which pass would be best for you. It's like a bizarro world station agent attitude when you use the Toronto Subway.

edited to add, forget it when a transit worker shows his or her pass. They act like real crap. The poor things have to push a button to open the gate. As if they lose fare money by helping a fellow union member. Well that's why your fellow union members aren't helping you now S/As. You reap what you sow, and you sowed a really bad turd. It blew up in your face.

I'm sorry to hear that man, that sucks bigtime. As my time as an S/A I treated each customer the same and would have never caused such an issue as that one. You should have got their badge number and made a report. In the 4 years 7 months I was an S/A I never got a single customer complaint because I took pride in my job and did it to the best of my ability. Some of TA's rules regarding farecard problems or vending machines taking customer's money I feel are set ups to get the customer upset with us or the fact that they must purchase single rides at the machine are all frustrating rules, which can take a toll on anyone. But that is still no excuse for the person to have acted that way. Whenever I had to deal with a less than desirable customer I would just turn off the Mic and let them talk to themselves instead of flip out on them or get into a shouting contest.

I'm sorry to hear that man, that sucks bigtime. As my time as an S/A I treated each customer the same and would have never caused such an issue as that one. You should have got their badge number and made a report. In the 4 years 7 months I was an S/A I never got a single customer complaint because I took pride in my job and did it to the best of my ability. Some of TA's rules regarding farecard problems or vending machines taking customer's money I feel are set ups to get the customer upset with us or the fact that they must purchase single rides at the machine are all frustrating rules, which can take a toll on anyone. But that is still no excuse for the person to have acted that way. Whenever I had to deal with a less than desirable customer I would just turn off the Mic and let them talk to themselves instead of flip out on them or get into a shouting contest.

Yeah, in classic New York fashion I did not feel that I had the time to make a complaint lol.

They should have taken things like number of customer complaints into consideration when laying of S/A's- I'm sorry your good attitude did not help you in this case, but I am sure it will help you get a new career going soon!

Yeah, in classic New York fashion I did not feel that I had the time to make a complaint lol.

They should have taken things like number of customer complaints into consideration when laying of S/A's- I'm sorry your good attitude did not help you in this case, but I am sure it will help you get a new career going soon!

So you didn't complain because you didn't have time? I wonder if that S/A has a clean record because like you others didn't have time, or felt that it was a waste of time complaining because they felt no one would do anything? I wonder if the nasty S/A you had the misfortune of dealing with likes to boast that said S/A has a clean record and never received a complaint. I would guess if someone were dumb or naive enough, they would believe that S/A has never been rude or nasty to anyone because he says he has a clean record with no complaints. Oh how I wonder sometimes!:confused:

So you didn't complain because you didn't have time? I wonder if that S/A has a clean record because like you others didn't have time, or felt that it was a waste of time complaining because they felt no one would do anything? I wonder if the nasty S/A you had the misfortune of dealing with likes to boast that said S/A has a clean record and never received a complaint. I would guess if someone were dumb or naive enough, they would believe that S/A has never been rude or nasty to anyone because he says he has a clean record with no complaints. Oh how I wonder sometimes!:confused:

This is the exact example of a customer that would have gotten the mic switched off on them while they argued with themselves. The fact is he didn't have time to bother with it that time. It really takes an idiot to think someone could be like that every single day or even a few times and not one customer would make a complaint over the course of 4 and a half years time.

Here we go again just in case you it missed craine

Capture.jpg

let's see what your's looks like. With an attitude like yours I can only imagine. And craine you do realize that if I was in fact a bad clerk a bickie would have certainly caught me doing something I was not suppose to be doing, and at the rate you claimed you've seen clerks be racist, rude and lazy I would have certainly acquired a record of some sort. Or I would have had some write ups by supervisors, nope none of those either.

This is the exact example of a customer that would have gotten the mic switched off on them while they argued with themselves. The fact is he didn't have time to bother with it that time. It really takes an idiot to think someone could be like that every single day or even a few times and not one customer would make a complaint over the course of 4 and a half years time.

Here we go again just in case you it missed craine

Capture.jpg

let's see what your's looks like. With an attitude like yours I can only imagine. And craine you do realize that if I was in fact a bad clerk a bickie would have certainly caught me doing something I was not suppose to be doing, and at the rate you claimed you've seen clerks be racist, rude and lazy I would have certainly acquired a record of some sort. Or I would have had some write ups by supervisors, nope none of those either.

its a big system. people can go under the radar for years. there is one s/a that i would see sleeping every night and people walk right through the gate which he left unlocked and he never heard it slam shut. i watched this happen night after night till this day. i'm sure he has a "clean record" also since he still choose's to sleep.

its a big system. people can go under the radar for years. there is one s/a that i would see sleeping every night and people walk right through the gate which he left unlocked and he never heard it slam shut. i watched this happen night after night till this day. i'm sure he has a "clean record" also since he still choose's to sleep.

lol. It's pretty easy to have a perfect record and have no complaints of cursing out customers when you're asleep all the time. 2 things: 1. how can you curse out someone when you're asleep, and 2. why would anyone complain when a doe doe leaves the gate unlocked, and he is sleeping? Sounds like a perfect record to me. I hear Adolf Hitler had a clean record regarding customer complaints. I guess the US was like the MTA trying to take him out of power for no "reason" Smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors. What you hear isn't always what you see.

Archived