New R160's still being delivered?

AJ023

I saw on Gothamist they have more R160 being delivered yet on here everyone was saying that all R160s have been delivered already so I am confused.

They had pictures and dates of the new cars being delivered so they were being accurate. How many cars are they now delivering and how many R160s are left to deliver in the order or did they just get a new option order?

And what new lines will these cars go to?

http://twitpic.com/2bm75t

Apparently then it is a NEW option order. These cars were on the BOAT arriving to NYC on August 4 2010 and have not been placed in service yet.

There are pictures showing these cars being delivered so I am assuming MTA decided to initiate a new options order. These cars are Alstoms coming in from Brasil and are being delivered.

The MTA article if correct means then that the new cars arriving are a NEW ORDER but another place it says it was the last cars to arrive. The cars ARRIVED on boat YESTERDAY so they havent placed in service yet.

Either A: MTA Article was wrong and they had one last boat of cars that weren't placed into service yet, or this is a new option order. Those are the only 2 possibilities here.

Apparently then it is a NEW option order. These cars were on the BOAT arriving to NYC on August 4 2010 and have not been placed in service yet.

There are pictures showing these cars being delivered so I am assuming MTA decided to initiate a new options order. These cars are Alstoms coming in from Brasil and are being delivered.

The MTA would not be wrong when it comes to their own subway cars. It's Gothamist that's lying/mistaken/has outdated pics.

Nope, those pics are dated. The R160 finished up in July and the cars are already in service. That picture features 9128 which is included in the primary order. Worse yet, 9128 is a Kawasaki R160B car, not ALSTOM's.

Nope, those pics are dated. The R160 finished up in July and the cars are already in service. That picture features 9128 which is included in the primary order. Worse yet, 9128 is a Kawasaki R160B car, not ALSTOM's.

I don't see any dates on those pictures. Something is amiss, since Gothamist is showing new cars have come in while the MTA says they have all come in.

Nothing wrong with progress though.

I don't see any dates on those pictures. Something is amiss, since Gothamist is showing new cars have come in while the MTA says they have all come in.

Nothing wrong with progress though.

The photos are OLD!!! As SevenEleven said, the cars shown in the pics are already in service for a month or more.

That 912 is NOT A 9128 it is 912 then a "B" as in Boy on the outside as you can tell by zooming in. I do NOT know what 912B stands for, and what the actual car # is on these cars because they aren't showing. I am not the engineers who assigned out the #s on the outside but they don't appear to be related to the actual car #s from what I can tell which are MTA assigned.

They appear to be legit and its unclear why there is a discrepency between the MTA + the newly released photos (which have never been seen on the net previously to the date the TWIT PICS were released.

That boat was indeed coming in from Brasil. Please don't make up information or perceive information to be not accurate to support your own viewpoints such as 912 is somehow 9128. It is not. The number if you zoom in is 912 followed by a B. If you look at the outside, they are 3 numbers followed by a letter on all the cases if you zoom in.

The outsides have 3 numbers then sometimes a # then a letter, A or B. I am presuming A or B is the car type, and not the number. In fact that is exactly what it looks like but I am not certain. A or B seems to be differentiating of the car type.

Kawasaki and Alstom had a joint venture on some of the cars, but these cars were shipped from the factory in Brasil and appear to be A and B cars as far as I believe.

That is DEFINITELY not a 912 "8". A closeup shows precisely it is a "B" as in Boy and each car has an "A" or "B" assigned after the 3 numbers.

Nice try for convincing others its a 9128. I am not blind. It is 912B and if you look at all 3 cars you can tell its 3 numbers and either a # in there or not and an A or B after it. These are NOT and I repeat, not the car 9128. 1000% certain.

That 912 is NOT A 9128 it is 912 then a "B" as in Boy on the outside as you can tell by zooming in. I do NOT know what 912B stands for, and what the actual car # is on these cars because they aren't showing. I am not the engineers who assigned out the #s on the outside but they don't appear to be related to the actual car #s from what I can tell which are MTA assigned.

They appear to be legit and its unclear why there is a discrepency between the MTA + the newly released photos (which have never been seen on the net previously to the date the TWIT PICS were released.

There are no dates on those pics. That pretty much says that they were taken a long time ago, especially since the highest-numbered R160 was delivered a month ago.

Since when does the (MTA) order subway cars from Brazil?

The R160s came from Alstom (France) and Kawasaki (Japan). I don't know about Alstom, but Kawasaki has a plant in Yonkers, where the majority of our cars come from via truck.

And it's hard to tell if its an 8 or B due to the bad penmanship on the car. But if it's 9128 then I should tell you she's been in service.

And if it's 912B then the (MTA) doesn't number it's revenue cars like that.

I love when people come to post something that they believe that it is new and interesting and doesn't like getting shot down with other people's opinion and facts.

By the way, if anything from watching the not so great but enjoyable Bad Boys series, those can be drugs for all we know.=P

The R160s came from Alstom (France) and Kawasaki (Japan). I don't know about Alstom, but Kawasaki has a plant in Yonkers, where the majority of our cars come from via truck.

And I looked at the exif data (what little was available), and the photo is dated November 11 2007.

Some R160 shells came from Brazil.

@OP: See, there you go.

And I looked at the exif data (what little was available), and the photo is dated November 11 2007.

Alstom is a French firm but its plant is in Lapa Brasil for train cars.

Everyone in the industry or via the MTA knows this. Common knowledge. Just like Embraier jets are made in Brasil.

Alstom doesn't produce its MTA cars in France. They are produced in Lapa Brasil factory:

http://www.transport.alstom.com/home/worldwide/americas/brazil/31431.EN.php?&languageId=FR&selectLangueDoc=FR&mode=PRINTERFRIENDLY

Since when have any R160s been shipped from France? None. The plant is in Lapa, brasil.

Everyone in the industry or via the MTA knows this. Common knowledge. Just like Embraier jets are made in Brasil.

Alstom doesn't produce its MTA cars in France. They are produced in Lapa Brasil factory:

http://www.transport.alstom.com/home/worldwide/americas/brazil/31431.EN.php?&languageId=FR&selectLangueDoc=FR&mode=PRINTERFRIENDLY

Since when have any R160s been shipped from France? None. The plant is in Lapa, brasil.

But the photo is TWO YEARS OLD!!!!!:eek::eek:

Sorry but the last of the R160 was already in use 9974 on the (M) so that's invalid info

And our cars came from Hornell,NY plant that does the instalation of parts but the frames came from brazil.

Hope that solves your question.

Yeah, it is pretty obvious, point is the order is done, SubwayScoop is just tweeting some old pics.

I didn't know that Alstom gets their parts in Brasil. Mistake on my part, I was wrong about that. Still doesn't excuse the fact that you're presenting a picture taken two years ago as if it's new.....

The body shells are being manufactured in Lapa, Brazil, and outfitted in Hornell, NY, then you have Yonkers and Nebraska I think it was also for cars.

Nothing is made in France. As for the actual age of the photos, I can not comment. Was just clarifying that there was bad information posted here.

We know A: The Car # was not 9128 on that photo, and B: The boat came from the Lapa Brasil factory since its the only offshore plant the shells can come from, period.

As for the age of the photos can you show me where it is an old photo? I don't see any age of the photos anywhere except on the twitter page which shows it being August 4th 2010.

To date I have no reason to believe they are old photos unless someone showed me they are old and where the OLD timestamp is. I have not seen such, in fact the date of the photo I showed seem to be from August 4th 2010. If the MTA did not announce a new option order and new cars were coming in, considering Alstom has been late with cars before, I would NOT be surprised. Its just how things happen and its all good if it came in.

Not going after the MTA or anyone here. MTA could have potentially (if its legit this photo), just jumped the gun or ordered a new options order is what I was assuming.

But instead it turned out this forum was adding bad information to the story of facts going after the Gothamist story and my LINK without showing any evidence to suggest otherwise, instead bringing up false facts and inuendo.

The body shells are being manufactured in Lapa, Brazil, and outfitted in Hornell, NY, then you have Yonkers and Nebraska I think it was also for cars.

Nothing is made in France. As for the actual age of the photos, I can not comment. Was just clarifying that there was bad information posted here.

We know A: The Car # was not 9128 on that photo, and B: The boat came from the Lapa Brasil factory since its the only offshore plant the shells can come from, period.

As for the age of the photos can you show me where it is an old photo? I don't see any age of the photos anywhere except on the twitter page which shows it being August 4th 2010.

Exif data. Save the picture, then right click. Scroll down to properties and look at what it says. Every picture taken with a digital camera has it.

You will see the date its taken, if flash was used, camera model, mega pixels, dpi, bit depth, manual settings used, ect.

Ok I didn't check that. Could very well be old and dated potentially.

If the cars are all online then its weird why the Gothamist would do that and why a twitter site allegedgedly from the MTA would show the pics on dates as being late like that.

The only argument point is really the date of these photos, not the car #s which aren't listed or the plant which is in Lapa Brasil. That wasn't relevant and was all known already.

MTA does a great job overall though with the new cars. :-) Just weird IF they are old that gothamist would get with someone who said the last new cars were being put online which already happened.

Exif data. Save the picture, then right click. Scroll down to properties and look at what it says. Every picture taken with a digital camera has it.

You will see the date its taken, if flash was used, camera model, mega pixels, dpi, bit depth, manual settings used, ect.

The boat pictures are from 2007 allegedly. @AJ023 the letters refer to the type of car, IE: A which which has the operators cab and B which is a trailer car with no operators cab.

Archived