My Fantasy Map

Gorgor

Here's my first attempt at a fantasy map. I've been working on it for a while, so I'd like to know what you think. :)

I'm not sure exactly why I made certain changes (mostly just because it looks cool on the map :)), but I'll try to explain any if you want.

Current one: http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1528/newsubmap.png

Past edits:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1528/newsubmap.png

Thanks for welcoming me to the forums :)

Welcome to the forums! Nice map you have there. Does the (P) run on its own line, or does it run on the LIRR line?
The P runs on its own line and then runs with the (L) in Manhattan

Welcome! One thing that immediately comes to mind...Manhattan Beach does not want the mugger mover, or subway, in the neighborhood.
Thanks for the info, I'm not too familiar with Brooklyn. I'll redirect the T to somewhere else.

IMO, the (X) and (U) should switch in your map. The (X) would go Coney Island - Lafayette Av, and the (U) would go Flushing - Riverside Drive. This would give airport riders easier access to Manhattan, which is desirable.

Also, is there space in Northern Manhattan to squeeze in the (K) in addition to the (A) and (1)?

Additionally, service on whichever line should be extended past Flushing -Main Street.

Another idea is to send the (2)(5)(T) to Kings Plaza in Brooklyn.

Can't edit my posts for some reason, so here's the next update I made.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1829/smap.png

The (W) train now runs up 5th avenue to 125th, then connects with the (K) to 230th street in the bronx. The (N) is now extended to Main street.

Nice map! but there are is a flaw with this map:

-The (5) & the (T) cant run together, they have to be in different levels. I did the same thing with the (N)(W)(6)<6> in the Bronx.

I like the 157 street terminal. different ways to go to Queens, Brooklyn & lower Manhattan & the (8) line to south Bronx.

Overall I like the map :tup:. especially the 5th avenue line.

-The (5) & the (T) cant run together, they have to be in different levels. I did the same thing with the (N)(W)(6)<6> in the Bronx.

I like the 157 street terminal. different ways to go to Queens, Brooklyn & lower Manhattan & the (8) line to south Bronx.

Thanks. :P

The (T) will be on a different level than the (2)(5).

Here's another update, this time I changed the map a bit so that the rockaways show up fully (I think I got it right) so that I can add more lines to there if I want to.

- There's a 5th avenue express, a yellow (I) train, which goes up 34th to the javits center, then connects to broadway.

- The (G) has been extended to Astoria, but if you have any better ideas for it tell me ;)

- (O) and (W) extended to Brooklyn

s2map.png

Welcome! One thing that immediately comes to mind...Manhattan Beach does not want the mugger mover, or subway, in the neighborhood.

True, but in a fantasy map you don't really have to think about these things (unless, of course, you want to).

This is a fantasy map and all but the (5) and the (T) can run together using a gauntlet track. The (T) runs on the set of tracks farther away from the platform while the (5) uses its current level of tracks. It's less expensive and all; the only possible issue would be if the WPR line's curves are too sharp for three B Division trains running past each other not to touch.

Nice map BTW! I'm thinking of ideas for my own.

True, but in a fantasy map you don't really have to think about these things (unless, of course, you want to).

This is a fantasy map and all but the (5) and the (T) can run together using a gauntlet track. The (T) runs on the set of tracks farther away from the platform while the (5) uses its current level of tracks. It's less expensive and all; the only possible issue would be if the WPR line's curves are too sharp for three B Division trains running past each other not to touch.

Nice map BTW! I'm thinking of ideas for my own.

Hmm, interesting idea.

I have ideas for a map too. But I didn't find a program to create a map. ;)

I just use Paint and edit the pixels :P

I have ideas for a map too. But I didn't find a program to create a map. :P

Yeah, you could use paint. first get the map from NYCsubway.org. select the year, then save it with a name or with a file. then edit the changes you want on paint.

Another update: s2map.png

- The (V) is extended to Canarsie via the (L) tracks.

- The brown (Z) has been removed and a light green one has been added.

- The (:((D)(T) and (Z) go to rockaway now. (I'm still working out the stops so they're blank atm.

- The (B) is now also the 5th avenue express train along with the (I) train. The (B) now skips 135th street on 8th avenue.

I've also created my own unique track map design for the central part of Manhattan, which shows the Broadway and 6th avenue lines making connections to 63rd street, 5th avenue, and 2nd avenue, as well as the (B)(I)(W)(X) on 125th street.

There are empty tracks connecting 2nd avenue to 125th street for possible future use (like in the first version of my map.

trackmaps.png

I'll add labels in there later.

Another update: submap2.png

- The (V) is extended to Canarsie via the (L) tracks.

- The brown (Z) has been removed and a light green one has been added.

- The (:((D)(T) and (Z) go to rockaway now. (I'm still working out the stops so they're blank atm.

- The (B) is now also the 5th avenue express train along with the (I) train. The (B) now skips 135th street on 8th avenue.

I've also created my own unique track map design for the central part of Manhattan, which shows the Broadway and 6th avenue lines making connections to 63rd street, 5th avenue, and 2nd avenue, as well as the (B)(I)(W)(X) on 125th street.

There are empty tracks connecting 2nd avenue to 125th street for possible future use (like in the first version of my map.

trackmaps.png

I'll add labels in there later.

Um I like the track maps, but the map does not show the changes you made, or do you have it on another map? Well I like your Track map, how did you make it?

Archived