My Fantasy Map

Gorgor

I'm thinking of extending the (E) into Brooklyn, but anyone have any ideas where to? I don't want to make it too much of a loop.

Also, I know that IRT trains can't run on BMT/IND tracks, but would like the (7) and (O) trains sharing a platform ((7) on one side, (O) on the other) be a problem?

Sort of like:

7andolp.png

I'm thinking of extending the (E) into Brooklyn, but anyone have any ideas where to? I don't want to make it too much of a loop.

Also, I know that IRT trains can't run on BMT/IND tracks, but would like the (7) and (O) trains sharing a platform ((7) on one side, (O) on the other) be a problem?

Sort of like:

7andolp.png

Or probably instead of Brooklyn, why not Staten Island? Just draw Staten Island & Extended the (E) down there, just a straight shot, even if trips would be long. that's what I did in my Maps, I extended the (1)(7)(K),(R) from Brooklyn & My fictional (U) line.

Or probably instead of Brooklyn, why not Staten Island? Just draw Staten Island & Extended the (E) down there, just a straight shot, even if trips would be long. that's what I did in my Maps, I extended the (1)(7)(K),(R) from Brooklyn & My fictional (U) line.

Hmm, that might be a good idea. I don't really know anything about Staten Island, so is there a semi-geographically accurate drawing of it on the Calcagno map?

Hmm, that might be a good idea. I don't really know anything about Staten Island, so is there a semi-geographically accurate drawing of it on the Calcagno map?

I don't think so... you have to draw Staten island, just like you drew the rest of Queens.

Hmm, well I'll think about it.

Also, I know that there's an issues with IRT and BMT/IND comparability, such as stations, but can they run on the same tracks and work fine?

No. otherwise BMT/IND trains would have to use IRT cars & the same for the IRT using B division cars, but that will never happen.

Does the western end of the Rockaways need the (:o(D)(T)(Z)? IMO, Kings Plaza would be a better place for a terminal.

I'm not too familiar with how service goes in Brooklyn. I'll update it in a future one.

Here's my next version, it's starting to get a bit crazy! B)

- (9) comes in and replaces service to 157th

- (3) goes to Woodlawn, and (3)(7)(8)(9) to Northern Blvd

- (A) runs across the Bronx to Pelham Bay Park

- (C) goes with the (U) in the Bronx

- (11) train added in which heads uptown at 11th ave and goes to Broadway, then to 157th

Plus various other changes.

s2map.png

I'm not too familiar with how service goes in Brooklyn. I'll update it in a future one.

Here's my next version, it's starting to get a bit crazy! B)

- (9) comes in and replaces service to 157th

- (3) goes to Woodlawn, and (3)(7)(8)(9) to Northern Blvd

- (A) runs across the Bronx to Pelham Bay Park

- (C) goes with the (U) in the Bronx

- (11) train added in which heads uptown at 11th ave and goes to Broadway, then to 157th

Plus various other changes.

s2map.png

WOW! this looks awesome, even better than mines :o

I thought you were gonna do the Staten island service :/

-I think that the Lenox Avenue line would get crowded with all those (2)(3)(9)(11) trains going through there. maybe reroute the (11) via 10th Avenue till the street where the (8)(9) trains go through?

-I think you should extend the (G) line to the Bronx via 3 avenue to fill the gap to E 242 Street.

-I really like the 157 Street terminal. lots of trains to go to many places around the city.

-Also, didn't you say you might add Staten island service to your map.

well that's my critique towards your map, well see mines & critique away B)

You picked a bad alignment for the Bronx (A). Half of that route is a park/cemetery. IMO, the current Bx12 route would be better.

Also, extend the (U) from the Bronx to Jamaica via Flushing.

Hmm, didn't realize that. I'll move it more to the south.

- The (2)(3) will run on a separate level than (9)(11) to reduce train overcrowding.

And I decided against drawing Staten Island and extending service there.

I'll respond to the other points when I get back a little later.

I don't understand the 157th St terminal at all. Why 157th St? There's nothing of note there, and it's not even geographically significant. It might at least make a modicum of sense at 175th St, where it would connect to the GWB bus terminal.

I don't understand the 157th St terminal at all. Why 157th St? There's nothing of note there, and it's not even geographically significant. It might at least make a modicum of sense at 175th St, where it would connect to the GWB bus terminal.

Agreed. No one place in NYC needs that many lines, especially 157 St.

IMO, the 0, 9, P, and 11 should be eliminated. The X could be extended to replace the 11 in Queens.

Archived