The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

I've been using the Galaxy Note 3 for a little over a month now and I got to say that this is the best phone that I ever had to pleasure to use.  I've never been so happy with a smartphone before and I've had many.  Anyone else on here using a GN3?  What do you think about it?

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I look at the Note series, I think it's big but the size provides some good real estate. I love using the S-Pen to navigate around.

I've actually been using the S4 for just over a year now, it's good all around. I just wish that I would find a good Touchwiz custom ROM. Every time I flash a TW ROM, it starts off good but winds up getting bogged down with freezes and crashes. I was just going to call it quits and flash an AOSP ROM (i.e. CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android) but the TW camera is something that I'm not going to give up easily.

• 4 weeks later...

As for me I like any Android phone with stock no overlays and skins and NFC. I have the nexus 4 performs very well. Samsung is becoming another Apple. If I were to get another Android device it'd either be moto or nexus 5.

Samsung is not my first pick because touchwiz really derails on providing a good Android experience.

iPhone?? No..... Never.... Don't even get me started with it!!!

I have an HTC One and it's been the perfect phone.  Now with my side business, I think I may upgrade every year for the hell it since I can write it off as a business expense, plus the fact that my phone sees much more use.  So far this phone has held up nicely and is in mint condition, even with me dropping it recently in Whole Foods.  <_< Has a hairline crack on the side but it's not even noticeable unless you're looking hard.  

HTC one (M8) is almost perfect Android phone. Software experience is amazing. The only thing that keeps me from wanting it is the 4mp cam.

Yep... This is my third HTC phone... Had two Thunderbolts before this...  Display is beautiful, very fast processor.  I just wish Firefox would stop crashing when I want to listen to Youtube.  Sound quality especially with Beats is amazing.  I have Westone earbuds (ones that are actually Made in USA) and combine that with the sound quality and it's heavenly... 

I use chrome the only thing that boggles me is that it's almost 30MB!! BUT nevertheless chrome syncs very seamlessly with my PC and other devices and I can send webpages to my Android phone with 2 clicks without a hassle.

Yeah I only use Firefox due to issues with Youtube and the plug-in/Flash set up.  For everything else, I use Chrome.  Chrome is hit or miss... It's good for some things and Firefox is better for other things.

An app that I love using is IFTTT. I can automate it to silence my phone at a given time and it'll do it.

What do you mean when you say "silence it"?  As far as what? Whatever happened to hitting the main off-on button??  <_< They have an app for everything... I only have a few of them because some of them are totally unnecessary and are a drain on the battery, etc.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

It's called "recipes" for example at 9:00Pm you can set it to mute your ringtone. Check out the app yourself.

lol... Seems totally unnecessary.  I always put my phone on mute unless I'm expecting a food delivery. In those cases, I'll put the phone next to me and put on the ringtone.  When I got this phone, I examined everything I usually do with my phone with the ultimate of goal of maximizing battery life.  Putting the phone on vibrate or on normal uses more battery life.  The one app that I did download was the flashlight which was previously on my Thunderbolt.  I need it at night as some streets in Riverdale are really dark due to the amount of trees that block out some of the lighting.

The idea behind the app is to automate things like automatically setting your latest instagram post as your wallpaper. Or to send a text message based on location and or time. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifttt.ifttt

Oh I get it totally... Just isn't a need for me... I really don't use those social networking sites much anymore aside from the professional ones.  

Currently on the Moto G bandwagon with ParanoidAndroid and a custom kernel. Battery life has far surpassed what the stock build provided and the stock build was pretty damn good too. Hoping to get the Moto X+1 when its released.

Currently on the Moto G bandwagon with ParanoidAndroid and a custom kernel. Battery life has far surpassed what the stock build provided and the stock build was pretty damn good too. Hoping to get the Moto X+1 when its released.

Moto G is a fantastic budget phone. Definitely a good phone many prepaid carriers need. Although I find it pointless that moto made a GOOGLE PLAY EDITON.

Where are all the Apple fans at? I'm shocked that none have appeared yet...

They know Android is better. Lol :P

Moto G is a fantastic budget phone. Definitely a good phone many prepaid carriers need. Although I find it pointless that moto made a GOOGLE PLAY EDITON.

Agreed on the GPE variant....kinda pointless. The experience is pretty much the same, minus the motorola apps.

I basically got it because I was astounded by the quality of the Moto X and that T-Mobile didn't have anything notable for me to upgrade to after 4 years. As much as I appreciate the Galaxy lineup, they're overrated as hell. The G doesn't fall too far off from the X in terms of quality. Plus the flip cases are freakin' awesome.

If the X+1 doesn't hit T-Mobile, I might upgrade to the HTC One M8 or the LG G3.