The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I just heard this on the news. This is ridiculous. The fact that it's thinner than previous phones should not mean they're "flexible" like that. This seems like a major design flaw and on a phone the size of the 6s, it looks like it would be very easy to bend. As someone who likes iPhones, I hope they address this post haste.

Smh... $700.00 for a phone that bends...  <_< Cheap crappola...

To think, my phone is just 2mm thicker AND is a Chinese company and it doesn't bend. 1 for the OnePlus One phone. =D

I just heard this on the news. This is ridiculous. The fact that it's thinner than previous phones should not mean they're "flexible" like that. This seems like a major design flaw and on a phone the size of the 6s, it looks like it would be very easy to bend. As someone who likes iPhones, I hope they address this post haste.

So much for Apple's build quality eh?

As people know, I'm an avid Android user and I'd like to note time and time again, the 5/5S design was so much better. They should have sticked with it.

Edited by peacemak3r

• 2 weeks later...

I mean technically speaking, every phone "bends" with the right amount of force. Only main reason why Apple got so much flack about it, is because 90% of it's fan-base are either brainwashed idiots or brainwashed idiots.

Well, there's that, and all the other techies(like myself) making fun of it's thin sheeted aluminum backing, causing the problem in the first place. There's nothing on the inside that's really preventing it to flex, unlike other phones. There's no current phone on the market that you can bend with that much force with your own hands to see the innards of the device, except for the ill-fated 6+

---------------------------------------------

What we have here is a render of the rumored Nexus 6/Nexus X with Android L. Looks pretty hot to me.

nexus-6-ev-full.jpg

Rumor is that a silent launch will come either tomorrow or the 16th, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Edited by Cait Sith

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The time has come to begin talking about iPhone 8 rumors... I've heard that it will be a major design change. The screen might cover more of the front, and even wireless charging is a rumor. The iPhone 7 wasn't really that different from the 6/6S, so hopefully the 8 will have the rumored design change.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Me being a power user, it's pretty good, but of course, my device is rooted, so I can extend the battery life even more.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

That's good to know.  I've refused to upgrade from my HTC One even though I've been eligible for quite some time.  Has been dropped numerous times including in water and still works. lol

• 5 months later...

That's good to know.  I've refused to upgrade from my HTC One even though I've been eligible for quite some time.  Has been dropped numerous times including in water and still works. lol

While phone should not be fragile neither they should be able to withstand a drop from the second floor. 

A phone should be good at making a call that's it. 

Edited by Paolp

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 7:48 PM, IRT Bronx Express said:

Android for me since August 2013. Time for a possible upgrade to Apple in the future. At least the battery lasts long, whereas my Samsung phone dies in one day SMH

I buy Sony phones for that very reason—battery life. I’m in the market for compact customizable phones with long battery life. Apple seems to have left that market as many other Android phone manufacturers have. The majority of phones are too big and have short battery life. Apple also has the additional disadvantage of taking the walled-garden approach to apps and operating system customization.