The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what i'm getting as soon as it goes to Sprint!

The Blackberry Torch

blackberry-torch-specifications.jpg

That BB Torch should have never been made the way it was. The least they could have done was give it a Snapdragon processor (1GHz). And that screen. That horribly small screen. And that keyboard.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Haha that will never happen more like AT&T will colapse 1st.

AT&T has already collapsed lol.

T-Mobile > AT&T (in my experience which sounds odd)

And I'm very suspicious of that 2GB data crap, I noticed once I pass 1GB (how does that even happen in the 1st place?) it starts jumping about 100MB a day according to AT&T's app, however my phone also monitors the usage and it tells a whole different story. I turned my data off 3 days ago to avoid going over, I had to do the same thing last month too, this really sucks. And I always download over Wifi, I'm in wifi half of the time, I don't even use my phone like that.

I know someone who went over twice already, and the month isn't even over.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

AT&T has already collapsed lol.

T-Mobile > AT&T (in my experience which sounds odd)

Thank you and well then a 2nd time around.

How has AT&T collapsed? I'm sick of T-Mobile and the constant dropped calls and failed attempts at sending out text messages. I'm anticipating for the day that either my mom's contract expires and she goes to a different network (preferably AT&T) or I gets me a job, get a shared plan with my friend and get a contract on AT&T. May I mind you, my 14-year-old niece (don't ask) has the first generation iPhone and it still provides excellent service.

How has AT&T collapsed? I'm sick of T-Mobile and the constant dropped calls and failed attempts at sending out text messages. I'm anticipating for the day that either my mom's contract expires and she goes to a different network (preferably AT&T) or I gets me a job, get a shared plan with my friend and get a contract on AT&T. May I mind you, my 14-year-old niece (don't ask) has the first generation iPhone and it still provides excellent service.

Just because of your experience with the co. Doesn't mean it should colapse becuase ur failure is someones succsess like mines with my phone on tmobile Sidekick lx.

In my experience T-Mobile has better call quality. I got about 3 dropped calls today which is the most I've ever got (it's not the phone either), I never really get dropped calls but it's getting worse lately, the signal just tends to be slightly weaker overall compared to T-Mobile's.

Both are actually very similar except T-Mobile is slightly better (stronger signals & better voice quality). Data is all over the place with both, I can't accurately compare since it varies so much.

It's like you're paying more and getting less, it's not a good feeling at all but I can't part with this phone. Also AT&T isn't nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be but it's nothing to write home about either.

It's called blame it on that piece of shit phone you have, not the company itself. Can't blame the company for buying a 99¢ phone :(

Also AT&T isn't nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be but it's nothing to write home about either.

Oh yes it is. I had AT&T service for 2 days, and took the phone back. Why? Because I couldn't even get reception IN MY BUILDING.

Just because of your experience with the co. Doesn't mean it should colapse becuase ur failure is someones succsess like mines with my phone on tmobile Sidekick lx.

Well good for you, do you want a cookie? I like AT&T and the iPhone 4.

Moving on....

I like AT&T and the iPhone 4.

Now yes, the iPhone 4 is a good device. The only thing wrong is the antenna situation. Not even the problem itself, but the way Jobs handled it was wrong.

About that cookie......can I have it instead? :(

It's called blame it on that piece of shit phone you have, not the company itself. Can't blame the company for buying a 99¢ phone :(

Oh yes it is. I had AT&T service for 2 days, and took the phone back. Why? Because I couldn't even get reception IN MY BUILDING.

That's partially true. I used to have the Sidekick 08 and could never get a reliable data connection. However with my G1, I was able to get 3G service.

My new HD2 running CyanogenMod 6

Sweet. Another CM user.

Well good for you, do you want a cookie? I like AT&T and the iPhone 4.

Moving on....

Now yes, the iPhone 4 is a good device. The only thing wrong is the antenna situation. Not even the problem itself, but the way Jobs handled it was wrong.

About that cookie......can I have it instead? :)

I think we should stop the bashing unless you are speaking from personal experience. (And I'm not talking in the store, it's called out in the field) I got a chance to fiddle with my uncle's iPhone 4 this past weekend. I used to not like the chassis but I held it again and it felt like a new device. It's snappy and that front camera just owns.

That's partially true. I used to have the Sidekick 08 and could never get a reliable data connection. However with my G1, I was able to get 3G service.

Crap phones have crap wireless radios, hence the struggle for a signal

I think we should stop the bashing unless you are speaking from personal experience. (And I'm not talking in the store, it's called out in the field) I got a chance to fiddle with my uncle's iPhone 4 this past weekend. I used to not like the chassis but I held it again and it felt like a new device. It's snappy and that front camera just owns.

Re-read the post of mine that you quoted. I wasn't bashing anything. And the only things I bash are things I had to deal with.

There has been rumors that Android 3.0 will no longer be able to have certain third party specifications (i.e : HTC Sense UI)

Also, for all you phone modders out there, the T-Mobile G2 build with the Froyo update for Android has been leaked, roms were made by various venders.

I got to use my friend's Blackberry Torch, I must say, there are a lot of interesting features but they really could've done better with the performance. The web browser is modern and up to date and its reasonably fast depending on your network. It's pretty snappy at times but there are times where it shows significant lag. I LOVED the UI, when it came to the interface, RIM had it down perfectly. I like the styling, its comfortable and such but the performance was my only complaint about the phone, RIM could've done so much better with the performance.

They are now slashing the prices of the Blackberry Torch because of the underwhelming sales it has received on its first week of launch. So now, the price of the Blackberry Torch is now 100 dollars.

Crap phones have crap wireless radios, hence the struggle for a signal

Well I had one bad of a typo in that previous post. - I meant to say that I never got a good connection while at my uncle's house. (It's like a good dead spot over there) I wouldn't necessary say that the Sidekick line was crap, it was the software that bought it down. (Or at least mines)

There has been rumors that Android 3.0 will no longer be able to have certain third party specifications (i.e : HTC Sense UI)

Also, for all you phone modders out there, the T-Mobile G2 build with the Froyo update for Android has been leaked, roms were made by various venders.

Cool, let's see if any backports can come of it.

They are now slashing the prices of the Blackberry Torch because of the underwhelming sales it has received on its first week of launch. So now, the price of the Blackberry Torch is now 100 dollars.

Wow, that is one hell of a deal.

I've had hands-on experience with the iPhone since it first came out. Having actually held onto my cousin's iPhone for a whole night (without his permission :o), it's what made me more interested in the Apple lineup than any other brand.

Has anyone seen the Dell phones with Windows Phone 7? They look so cool.

I can't say that I like WP7. The phones are nice, but shoving WM6.5 on with it would be even better. WP7 won't even have copy and paste

"but Microsoft says the majority of users don't need 'cut, copy, and paste" - retards.

or support for microSD cards. I need that extra storage space!

"Microsoft has decided that data access via Removable SD Card and PC Tethering, both of which were supported in Windows Mobile, will not be supported in Windows Phone 7"

No multitasking. Still no Flash support. And I want my text-based home screen, not a bunch of damn blocks like some damn child's device!

I can't say that I like WP7. The phones are nice, but shoving WM6.5 on with it would be even better. WP7 won't even have copy and paste

"but Microsoft says the majority of users don't need 'cut, copy, and paste" - retards.

"Microsoft has decided that data access via Removable SD Card and PC Tethering, both of which were supported in Windows Mobile, will not be supported in Windows Phone 7"

No multitasking. Still no Flash support.

Wow, that blows big time. That's something I would have expected from Sony. lol. Time for some OS ports?

Wow, that blows big time. That's something I would have expected from Sony. lol. Time for some OS ports?

No. That's an Apple move. Damn right time for some OS ports!

now that I've uncovered WP7's ugly side, now do you want it?

No multitasking. Still no Flash support. And I want my text-based home screen, not a bunch of damn blocks like some damn child's device!

Windows Mobile 6.5 was pretty good, ran fast on even the slowest phones. I had the LG Incite from AT&T, unlocked it for T-Mobile though. I shoved 6.5 into that phone and it was rather fast. The best thing about putting in a fresh ROM of a OS into a phone is getting rid of all the bloatware and the unnecessary things that comes in the phone. 6.0 was a mess and they finally did something right with 6.5.

What I really didnt like about 6.5 was the fact that they used the Zune interface for the home screen, I found that to be really tacky and uncreative. I am an owner of a ZuneHD 32GB and to see Windows Phone 7 with the ZuneHD interface, its going to be kinda weird. I just hope Microsoft does not abandon the ZuneHD customers (which they probably will).

Windows Mobile 6.5 was pretty good, ran fast on even the slowest phones. I had the LG Incite from AT&T, unlocked it for T-Mobile though. I shoved 6.5 into that phone and it was rather fast. The best thing about putting in a fresh ROM of a OS into a phone is getting rid of all the bloatware and the unnecessary things that comes in the phone. 6.0 was a mess and they finally did something right with 6.5.

6.1 was okay as well. 6.5 is for the faster stuff I've had the T-Mobile Wing, the T-Mobile Touch Pro 2 and now the T-Mobile HD2 (only 4 days old & it cost a pretty penny :o)

Wing: 201MHz

Touch Pro 2 (along with G1, MT3G, Tilt 2, MT3G Slide(600MHz), Droid, and 2 billion others): 528 MHz

HD2: 1GHz

What I really didnt like about 6.5 was the fact that they used the Zune interface for the home screen, I found that to be really tacky and uncreative. I am an owner of a ZuneHD 32GB and to see Windows Phone 7 with the ZuneHD interface, its going to be kinda weird. I just hope Microsoft does not abandon the ZuneHD customers (which they probably will).

You know that you can turn off that interface. It's an option. Go to the Today option list, hit Items, uncheck Windows Default and check Date and Messaging. There. WM6.1 homescreen.

You know that you can turn off that interface. It's an option. Go to the Today option list, hit Items, uncheck Windows Default and check Date and Messaging. There. WM6.1 homescreen.

Yeah I know, I just found the entire interface to be really tacky though. I loved the honeycomb style menu, that was probably the best thing I liked about 6.5

Yeah I know, I just found the entire interface to be really tacky though. I loved the honeycomb style menu, that was probably the best thing I liked about 6.5

Yeah, and now EVERY menu in WP7 will look like a Zune.