The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iPhone 4 antenna issue explained in the coding of iPhone OS 4:

if(bars=4,5){

bars=1;

}

:P

Aw lol apple screwed up their own phone from day 1 of the iphone4 they wanted to loose customers and charge them to fix it :) nice job Apple.

Aw lol apple screwed up their own phone from day 1 of the iphone4 they wanted to loose customers and charge them to fix it :P nice job Apple.

I'm only going to say this once: all I keep on hearing from you and your buddy rr4567 is "Apple is shit" and "iPhone is shit". How much do I want to bet both of you that NEITHER of you have even used an AT&T phone for at least 30 days??? And like another person in this thread said, hands-on experience with a phone at a store DOESN'T count. Having used AT&T from when I had a prepaid phone from late 2005 to mid 2007, I was more satisfied with their service until the time when my mom decided to add me to her bill.

I've had T-mobile for almost four years and I simply don't like it, and it's not the phone I have, it's the service which is why I don't like it. My mom has the Equinox, a somewhat decent level phone than the one I have for some time and she doesn't like the service.

If you don't like AT&T then that's fine. My only gripe is if you judge something without giving it a fair chance. You've probably had T-Mobile for not as long as I've had it, and you may have better experience with T-Mobile than I have.

Moving away from the pointless arguement (why take opinions so seriously? smfh.)

t-mobile-g2-ofc-leak-cellphonesignal.jpg

We did it again, same as we were the first ones of obtaining the official pictures of the Samsung Vibrant, now we give you the first official pictures of the T-Mobile G2. As you know the T-Mobile G2 is going to be the first HSPA+ phone running speeds up to 11mbps. We believe the G2 will only come in one color.. silver, a completely different way when T-MO launched the Slide 3G or G1.

The T-Mobile G2 will feature:

* Android OS w/ HTC Sense

* 3.7″ Active Matrix OLED display

* 1 GHz Snapdragon Processor

* Landscape slide-out QWERTY keyboard

* 5MP camera with autofocus.

* 3G HSPA+

* WiFi + Hotspot capabilities

* aGPS

* Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate

Source ----> http://www.cellphonesignal.com/exclusive-first-official-pictures-t-mobile-g2/

I cant wait for this phone to come out.

Aw lol apple screwed up their own phone from day 1 of the iphone4 they wanted to loose customers and charge them to fix it :P nice job Apple.

Uhhh......that was a programming joke, not a serious shrivel of information.

I'm only going to say this once: all I keep on hearing from you and your buddy rr4567 is "Apple is shit" and "iPhone is shit". How much do I want to bet both of you that NEITHER of you have even used an AT&T phone for at least 30 days??? And like another person in this thread said, hands-on experience with a phone at a store DOESN'T count. Having used AT&T from when I had a prepaid phone from late 2005 to mid 2007, I was more satisfied with their service until the time when my mom decided to add me to her bill.

I've had T-mobile for almost four years and I simply don't like it, and it's not the phone I have, it's the service which is why I don't like it. My mom has the Equinox, a somewhat decent level phone than the one I have for some time and she doesn't like the service.

If you don't like AT&T then that's fine. My only gripe is if you judge something without giving it a fair chance. You've probably had T-Mobile for not as long as I've had it, and you may have better experience with T-Mobile than I have.

Do you read? Look below and absorb the written information.

Now yes, the iPhone 4 is a good device.

I don't see anything about "iPhone is shit". Read all the posts and adjust accordingly. And I'll say it once more. READ the posts.

I don't see anything about "iPhone is shit". Read all the posts and adjust accordingly. And I'll say it once more. READ the posts.

Ok then, I'll retract at that claim I made at you. Now, have you used AT&T for at least a month? IIRC, you stated that you only used it for under a week....

Ok then, I'll retract at that claim I made at you. Now, have you used AT&T for at least a month? IIRC, you stated that you only used it for under a week....

Yeah, I used it for 5 days. I ain't gonna keep it if I can't even get reception in my own house. Just know, I never said I hate the iPhone. (I just hate the limited OS :P)

Speaking on that, I'm still waiting on a Windows Mobile phone that's NOT the HD2 -.-

I never thought I'd actually get the HD2, but I did.

Yeah, I used it for 5 days. I ain't gonna keep it if I can't even get reception in my own house. Just know, I never said I hate the iPhone. (I just hate the limited OS :P)

I see then. Yeah some buildings have dead spots in them and you can't pick up service.

They really, really need to make a WM6.5 version of that phone. Add the HD2's screen and it'll be perfect.

That would be pretty amazing, with 6.5 running on that, the possibilities are pretty much endless. They better not make a Windows Phone 7 version of this phone. I enjoy 6.5 a lot but we have yet to see how Windows Phone 7 would actually be, even though I pretty much got a preview of it with the ZuneHD interface. I do believe the last 6.5 phone that had a snapdragon processor was the LG Fathom, REALLY great phone but Verizon nixed some of the 3rd party apps from what I heard, cant even run emulators!

I see then. Yeah some buildings have dead spots in them and you can't pick up service.

Yrah. AT&T forgot to mention this. I was pretty f---ing pissed off.

That would be pretty amazing, with 6.5 running on that, the possibilities are pretty much endless. They better not make a Windows Phone 7 version of this phone. I enjoy 6.5 a lot but we have yet to see how Windows Phone 7 would actually be, even though I pretty much got a preview of it with the ZuneHD interface. I do believe the last 6.5 phone that had a snapdragon processor was the LG Fathom, REALLY great phone but Verizon nixed some of the 3rd party apps from what I heard, cant even run emulators!

No. I don't want to see Windows Phone 7 rear it's ugly head ANYWHERE near my electronics.

If you want a preview of Windows Phone 7, go and snag this emulator:

32-bit version

64-bit version

Silly little rabits, Windows Mobile is for kids :P Android is where it's at. Finally got my Froyo update for my HTC Droid Incredible. Loving the update. Phone runs faster, got 720p recording added to the phone, 3G Mobile Hotspot tethering for your Wi-Fi devices and a bunch of other updates and fixes. :cool:

Silly little rabits, Windows Mobile is for kids ;) Android is where it's at. Finally got my Froyo update for my HTC Droid Incredible. Loving the update. Phone runs faster, got 720p recording added to the phone, 3G Mobile Hotspot tethering for your Wi-Fi devices and a bunch of other updates and fixes. :cool:

No, iPhone is for kids (come on, we all know kids couldn't sucessfully configure WM -_-)

WM has had the hotspot ability for a long time. And your phone runs faster because of that Snapdragon processor :P

(oh and look at the above post. WM can successfully run Android ;))

No, iPhone is for kids (come on, we all know kids couldn't sucessfully configure WM -_-)

WM has had the hotspot ability for a long time. And your phone runs faster because of that Snapdragon processor :P

(oh and look at the above post. WM can successfully run Android ;))

Lets see your phone run gingerbread. ;)

I finally gave Blackberry the boot after nearly five years of great service. The thing is I finally got bored with the Blackberry OS and their lack of a good full featured browser and moved on to the Android operating system and I don't miss Blackberry at all.

Three weeks ago I jumped ship on Verizon Wireless and joined Sprint for their Everything Data Plan with the HTC EVO 4G. So far I have zero regrets leaving Verizon Wireless as Sprints network seems to be the same. I have not had one dropped call since moving to Sprint even though I know it'll happen soon. As for the HTC EVO 4G, it is a great device and I have never had this much fun using a smartphone in my life. As for 4G, it hasn't been officially rolled out in New York but it is available you just got to be in the right places.

Blackberry, what Blackberry?

Let's have a discussion on what you guys are using and what you prefer. Let us know what your future plans are with smartphones.

Congratulations on purchasing the best phone ever made on the face of this earth, the HTC EVO. It has everything you want in a fun, fun, fun form factor, easy to use and great to use. I do want a word of caution, somehow I had a bunch of pics from the last TM/Bus trip and they (as well as others) were wiped out from the memory card. Just be careful and back them up. Other than that, I can recommend the must have apps for your phone - - or anyone who has an Android phone. (These apps work best on 2.1/2.2 OS)

1. Advanced Task Killer

2. App Brain (backs up all of your apps)

3. Lookout (scans the apps you downloaded)

4. A Online Radio (thousands of radio stations around the world)

5. Astro File Manager

6. Replica Island (Best game to play, you control a - - what else but an Android in a Super Mario Bros setting.)

More apps to come.

Congratulations on purchasing the best phone ever made on the face of this earth, the HTC EVO. It has everything you want in a fun, fun, fun form factor, easy to use and great to use. I do want a word of caution, somehow I had a bunch of pics from the last TM/Bus trip and they (as well as others) were wiped out from the memory card. Just be careful and back them up. Other than that, I can recommend the must have apps for your phone - - or anyone who has an Android phone. (These apps work best on 2.1/2.2 OS)

More apps to come.

Yes, the EVO looks so sleek. I held a HD2 in my hand and said "Nah, I need to get my Android fix." Here's some more recommended apps for Android:

Titanium Backup - It's another backup app - Not only does it backup/restore apps, it does the same for settings and userdata. On top of that, you can uninstall any apps that you don't want. (i.e. AmazonMP3, Twitter, etc.)

AdFree Android - Blocks ads that can be displayed in apps / browser.

Installer - Allows you to install .apk files from your SD card. Get the one with the gear as the icon from Market.

SetCPU - Allows you to set your clock speed ranges. Includes supports for profiles that go into effect whenever certain criteria are met. (i.e. Battery <15%) The version on Market is the donate version. You can get it from the XDA Developers for free.

Droid/Milestone Overclock - Allows you to overclock your Droid / Milestone. The max this app gives you is 1200 mhZ.

ADW. Launcher / LauncherPro - Replacement Home Launcher. Looks real better than Froyo's default. ADW. Launcher is the default launcher used in CyanogenMod.

NYCMate - The (MTA) bus/subway maps all in one place. Also, you can view the timetables of the subway stations that you select. (Not sure on how accurate it is)

Swapper 2 - Swapper partitions a part of your SD card to be used for swap. (In Linux, swap is the equivalent of the paging file in Windows) This allows your phone to move faster at the expense of your SD card's health. (Not too much of a hit, but it's being worked whenever it Swapper 2 goes into effect)

Skyfire Browser - For the phones that have the older ARMv6's, you can't take advantage of Flash within the browsers. Skyfire allows you to take advantage of Flash.

ColorNotes - I keep notes. Do you? -_-

Also, you should root your phone if you can and flash a custom recovery. Custom recovery menus allows you to make what's called a "nandroid" backup which backups the nand image of your phone. In case something happens in which you don't like the outcome, you can boot back into recovery and restore your nandroid backup thus restoring your phone to when the state to when the backup was made.

Congratulations on purchasing the best phone ever made on the face of this earth, the HTC EVO. It has everything you want in a fun, fun, fun form factor, easy to use and great to use. I do want a word of caution, somehow I had a bunch of pics from the last TM/Bus trip and they (as well as others) were wiped out from the memory card. Just be careful and back them up. Other than that, I can recommend the must have apps for your phone - - or anyone who has an Android phone.

That's awesome. Glad to see another EVO owner here. What phone/platform/provider did you come from? What are your cons, if any about the phone?