The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there are no accessories available for the new releases as of yet but apparently they'll be available by next week.

What I really don't get is that they're still selling the iPod shuffle and iPod nano in tandem. By next year the shuffle will be history. They already got rid of the shuffle that looked like a toothpick. That was a bad idea from the beginning I should say.

That's awesome. Glad to see another EVO owner here. What phone/platform/provider did you come from? What are your cons, if any about the phone?

I have been with Sprint since 1998, this is an upgrade to the now dated and awful HTC Mogul (aka PPC-6800). The drawbacks are the charging (sometimes you unplug it and the phone will still be in USB state), and the lack of customization in creating new photo albums while moving/copying pictures and videos.

I have been with Sprint since 1998, this is an upgrade to the now dated and awful HTC Mogul (aka PPC-6800). The drawbacks are the charging (sometimes you unplug it and the phone will still be in USB state), and the lack of customization in creating new photo albums while moving/copying pictures and videos.

Wow, 12 years??? You must be a very dedicated Sprint customer. My mom has been with T-Mobile since 2000 when they were still known as VoiceStream but unfortunately she's ready to high-tail it from that network.

Yeah the G2 looks cool, a predecessor to the G1 is long overdue.

The G1 & MyTouch were supposed to get Android 2.1 in the Spring, it's Summer and I don't think it arrived yet. I probably would've had my MyTouch a little longer if it was updated, it was almost unusable on 1.6, super slow. But it is what it is, better than a Blackberry IMO.

I can't wait to get iOS 4.1 next Wednesday, Game Center & HDR ftw. :)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

All i got to say is I've been using T-Mobile since 2003 with a Nokia phone and been with them since then and i enjoy the service so I'm going to keep going. With new phones from tmobile hopefully the Rumored Sidekick Twist 4G aka project Emerald.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

All i got to say is I've been using T-Mobile since 2003 with a Nokia phone and been with them since then and i enjoy the service so I'm going to keep going. With new phones from tmobile hopefully the Rumored Sidekick Twist 4G aka project Emerald.

Oh lawd, another Sidekick.

Wow, 12 years??? You must be a very dedicated Sprint customer. My mom has been with T-Mobile since 2000 when they were still known as VoiceStream but unfortunately she's ready to high-tail it from that network.

I've been with T-Mobile since 1999. What's wrong with the network?

Oh lawd, another Sidekick.

I've been with T-Mobile since 1999. What's wrong with the network?

Note if you read the article link it won't be the same Danger OS that powerded the sidekick from 1 to lx09 the "new" tmo owned name will be android powerd.

Note if you read the article link it won't be the same Danger OS that powerded the sidekick from 1 to lx09 the "new" tmo owned name will be android powerd.

FYI I did read the article. All I have to say is that I hope they don't keep that damn flimsy flip-up screen

Yeah the G2 looks cool, a predecessor to the G1 is long overdue.

The G1 & MyTouch were supposed to get Android 2.1 in the Spring, it's Summer and I don't think it arrived yet. I probably would've had my MyTouch a little longer if it was updated, it was almost unusable on 1.6, super slow. But it is what it is, better than a Blackberry IMO.

The last updates for these devices seems to be 1.6. (Donut) Of course if you're willing to flash a custom ROM that's built off a later firmware, you can enjoy the newer firmwares. I have my G1 running 2.2 (Froyo) on a custom ROM.

"The New Sidekick - Android Does"

The link

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-New-Sidekick---Android-Does&id=4410138

It's about time the Sidekick device has been done right. Let's hope that Wifi is included this time around. :)

The last updates for these devices seems to be 1.6. (Donut) Of course if you're willing to flash a custom ROM that's built off a later firmware, you can enjoy the newer firmwares. I have my G1 running 2.2 (Froyo) on a custom ROM.

It's about time the Sidekick device has been done right. Let's hope that Wifi is included this time around. :)

Agreed and the phone needs it badly.

NO NO NO, that phone better not have a 4.3 inch display! I paid a PREMIUM for my HD2! A PREMIUM!!!!!! :o

?

If that new Sidekick has a 4 inch screen, then me paying for this HD2 was for nothin'. That's what I mean. (even though it would still be worth it. I am just a fan of Windows Mobile.)

If that new Sidekick has a 4 inch screen, then me paying for this HD2 was for nothin'. That's what I mean. (even though it would still be worth it. I am just a fan of Windows Mobile.)

Oh ok i know that and I'm still a fan of the sidekick and won't let mines go just yet.

angry-birds-android.jpg

Angry Birds Lite Beta is available in the Android Market. For anyone who hasn't tried this addicting game on the iPhone/iPod touch platform it is now available as a beta on Android.

I've been playing this non stop for the past 3 days (iPhone version). It's very addictive.

I updated to iOS 4.1 a few hours ago and NO games currently support Game Center, pretty shocking since there's thousands upon thousands of games let alone apps. I'm liking the HDR functionality though.

Help me out here, am I crazy to spend almost $1000 on a unlocked iphone 4 32g? I cannot take it to sprint so I dunno, I'm between a rock and a hard place about this.

From Gizmodo. iPhone 4 no commitment prices are 16GB $599 & 32GB $699.

screen_shot_2010-06-07_at_4.36.02_pm.jpg

Almost 1k? Is it factory unlocked or just jailbroken?

That still sounds very high for a phone but then again I'm no expert.