The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd get the Galaxy Tab if it had voice support and didn't cost $500.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/16/samsung-galaxy-tab-loses-voice-capabilities-in-the-us/

iPhone 4 on T-Mobile FTW!

t%20mobile%20iphone%204.jpg

No. NO. NO! Get the thought out your head. I'm not gonna be forced to pay $20/mo just because you people want your precious iPhone. You just keep on ruining AT&T. Don't bring the same death to T-Mobile.

I'd get the Galaxy Tab if it had voice support and didn't cost $500.

Thats only without a 2 yr agreement.

No. NO. NO! Get the thought out your head. I'm not gonna be forced to pay $20/mo just because you people want your precious iPhone. You just keep on ruining AT&T. Don't bring the same death to T-Mobile.

wutchu mean? Do u have an iPhone... u dont have to get one, and its still $10 less than at&t.

I have one word to describe my new EVO. Addictive!

I can't put this thing down!

Yeah that thing is the best Android phone imo. I really like that phone and that Sense UI is too sick.

I'm the same way with my iPhone 4, even after 4 months, I've never been this addicted to a phone before lol.

Yeah that thing is the best Android phone imo. I really like that phone and that Sense UI is too sick.

I'm the same way with my iPhone 4, even after 4 months, I've never been this addicted to a phone before lol.

So u Have an iPhone?? Would you switch carriers once the phone is released to other major service providers?

iPhone 4 on T-Mobile FTW!

t%20mobile%20iphone%204.jpg

Which is not happening since T-Mobile does not have any video calling support, though I find video calling to be completely useless. Whereas the iPhone for Verizon HAS been confirmed, an iphone was tested under the verizon network for several months in Boston, still in testing, as said from the Verizon CEO himself.

After thinking about it, I've finally chosen my new cellular telephone for my upgrade! It will replace my 2-1/2 years LG l VX5400 cellular telephone.

It's the Casio Exilim:

casioexilimc721.jpg

Features That Attracted Me:

* Military-Certified Cellular Telephone (Ruggedized/Solidily Built)

(Handset can stand Dust, Humidity, Rain, Salt-Fog, Shock, Solar Radiation, and being thrown in water)

* Slim, Petite - 4.06x1.97x0.77 inches (HWD) and 4.76 ounces

* 5.1 Megapixel Digital Camera with large Viewfinder (Back panel)

* OLED Display (Time, Date, Signal Strength, Battery Life) (Front Panel)

* 2.3 inch Screen Display that supports 262k colors (Interior of Front Panel)

* Black and Silver color combination and the front panel swivels 180 degrees when open.

* Casio name

* Rated battery life of 3.83 hours (Talk)/22.5 days (Standby)

casio-exilim-51mp-waterproof-cell-phone.jpg

So u Have an iPhone?? Would you switch carriers once the phone is released to other major service providers?

Maybe, AT&T sucks a lot but that doesn't mean Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile will be any better.

Also the other carriers are introducing tiered data too.

Which is not happening since T-Mobile does not have any video calling support, though I find video calling to be completely useless. Whereas the iPhone for Verizon HAS been confirmed, an iphone was tested under the verizon network for several months in Boston, still in testing, as said from the Verizon CEO himself.

Neither does AT&T, currently only wifi compatible (semi-defeats the purpose but useful I guess), plus it's done through Apple.

It's gonna be an open industry standard so it'd probably be possible to hook up with Qik on Android and other video calling services.

Edited by Infamous85

wutchu mean? Do u have an iPhone... u dont have to get one, and its still $10 less than at&t.

No, I don't have an iPhone and I will never ever get one again. Had one a few days and returned it. Mr. Jobs, take them restrictions and stick 'em. And now for AT&T it's $20/month for tethering. No thank you.

No, I don't have an iPhone and I will never ever get one again. Had one a few days and returned it. Mr. Jobs, take them restrictions and stick 'em. And now for AT&T it's $20/month for tethering. No thank you.

What restrictions? Themes & Overclocking?

Yeah AT&T sucks, you don't even get extra data with that $20, it still counts towards your data plan. I'm not understanding what the $20 is for. There's no way in hell I'd ever get "tethering".

What do you think of these new data packages for cell phones, that maybe are ending the days of unlimited, that carriers such as Verizon, A.T. & T., etc. have begun to offer for the Mobile Web and E-Mail?

Verizon offers several tiers:

For feature cellular telephones, 3G cellular telephones, and smartphones:

"Pay as you use: $1.99/MB (1,024 Kilobytes) (feature cellular telephones only)

$9.99: 25 MB/month (20 cents per Megabyte overage)

$15.00 250 MB/month (same)

$20 2 GB/month (5 cents)

And for 3G netbooks, 3G notebooks, and tablets:

$20: 1 GB/month ($20 per Gigabyte overage)

$35: 3 GB/month ($10 per Gigabyte overage)

$50: 5 GB/month (same)

$80: 10 GB/month (same)

My cousin has an iPhone4. I sink really care for the keyboard. However, I like it a lot, but not as much as my phone.

Some of you might know this better than I would, but are there any messenger apps for Android that supports AIM and its group chat function?

The official AOL app is in the market. I like it.

My cousin has an iPhone4. I sink really care for the keyboard. However, I like it a lot, but not as much as my phone.

The official AOL app is in the market. I like it.

But you cant make/join chat rooms with the AOL app :P Perhaps I should've been much more clear with my post.

Edited by Cait Sith

What restrictions? Themes & Overclocking?

Yeah AT&T sucks, you don't even get extra data with that $20, it still counts towards your data plan. I'm not understanding what the $20 is for. There's no way in hell I'd ever get "tethering".

Restrictions that don't allow me to do things like this that I can do with the phone pictured.

DSCF1023b.jpg