The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All current Verizon Wireless subscribers: have fun with your mobile data while you can, because when the Verizon iPhone hits, expect your mobile data service to go the way of AT&T's.........raped.

lol... I don't know... I think Verizon has always prided itself on having good service. I actually used them for a while when I was back in college and never had any problems with service or billing. I use them now for FiOS and same thing... They have a different set up than AT&T and I don't think they'd take on the iPhone if they couldn't handle it, but I'll wait and see because I actually want to switch my data card and smartphone over to them now that they have a good provider in Europe and some decent World phones. I'm done w/AT&T. :mad:

iPhone for Verizon will suck, cant be on voice and use data at the same time. Big drawback for a computer geek like myself...I'll take GSM and Android or Windows powered phones anyday. Samsung makes the best out there right now. Not over priced like Apple products and very customizable. Oh and you dont get raped when you want to install apps like Apple does to its customers. These guys are so greedy they are trying to patent the term "app store".

I will eventually get the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

iPhone for Verizon will suck, cant be on voice and use data at the same time. Big drawback for a computer geek like myself...I'll take GSM and Android or Windows powered phones anyday. Samsung makes the best out there right now. Not over priced like Apple products and very customizable. Oh and you dont get raped when you want to install apps like Apple does to its customers. These guys are so greedy they are trying to patent the term "app store".

The Tab is pretty good, I got to use one at the T-Mobile Store and its pretty nice. Though I am hearing that they are making a Tab 2 with Android 3.0, hasnt been confirmed as of yet though.

I will say this, Samsung does make great phones but HTC is up there when it comes to build quality, it has that solid industrial build to them. Samsung's GPS is one hell of an issue with the Galaxy S series but the call quality is sharp, unlike some of the HTC phones out there. I just dislike Samsung's touchwiz interface, its really tacky.

The Tab is pretty good, I got to use one at the T-Mobile Store and its pretty nice. Though I am hearing that they are making a Tab 2 with Android 3.0, hasnt been confirmed as of yet though.

I will say this, Samsung does make great phones but HTC is up there when it comes to build quality, it has that solid industrial build to them. Samsung's GPS is one hell of an issue with the Galaxy S series but the call quality is sharp, unlike some of the HTC phones out there. I just dislike Samsung's touchwiz interface, its really tacky.

HTC is my other fav brand of phone. I would only choose Samsung or HTC... Motorola, LG, Nokia, they dont seem to appealing to me.

You Can Jailbreak/Unlock the Verizon iPhone to get Sprint :P IDK how that will work though...lol and Android Pwns, i love my Droid X

So they do use the exact same CDMA thing, I always thought it was a bit different.

I'm like the only minority here, I actually had Android but I couldnt stand it (rough/undercooked/cheesy) then I got the iPhone 4, this is the only Apple product I own, I want to get a MacBook since I kinda don't really have a computer. I want the iPad 2 sometime after that, I hope the price drops though.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm sorry but I left team Android...

Since my G1 suffered a catastropic meltdown, I had to but a new phone. Since the G2 was still too much at the time I had to go cheap and get a blackberry...I hate it for the most part. The internet sucks

I'll get the G2 in about 3 months when the price lowers

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm sorry but I left team Android...

Since my G1 suffered a catastropic meltdown, I had to but a new phone. Since the G2 was still too much at the time I had to go cheap and get a blackberry...I hate it for the most part. The internet sucks

I'll get the G2 in about 3 months when the price lowers

What happened to the G1?

What happened to the G1?

My niece...nuff said lol

But seriously, somehow she got a hold of it while I was sleep, and she threw it in the toilet (don't laugh)

My niece...nuff said lol

But seriously, somehow she got a hold of it while I was sleep, and she threw it in the toilet (don't laugh)

Wow, that totally sucks ass.

My niece...nuff said lol

And you didn't make her fly afterward? I know the person who destroys my phone will experience the bird's life before death.

My niece...nuff said lol

I remember when my little cousin broke my PSP (6 years ago) so I know the feeling. She dropped it off the arm of the couch then it couldn't play games anymore for some reason.

The Blackberry was my first smartphone (got it in Fall 2009), it beat the sidekick slide I had before that but it still was boring compared to my iPod touch. My mother borrowed it one night and lost it so she got me the MyTouch 3G as a replacement. We finally found that missing Blackberry in the house last April though.

Who would be on voice and use data at the same time anyway??? Maybe that's a good thing. Today's society is too overwhelmed w/gadgets anyway. The other day while in Whole Foods, I observed several people just to see if any of them were actually paying attention to what they were doing... One was pushing a shopping cart with her head down texting away on her phone. Another had headphones on w/music blasting in another world.... Both had shopping carts and had no clue where they were going since they already distracted.

I'm in favor of technology as I'm big on it also, but at some point there needs to be a balance. These gadgets are just leading to more people spacing out. It's amazing that they're aren't more car accidents and the like. No one can hear anything because they've got the music blasting to block everyone out. No one can see anything because they're zoned out with the iPhones, Blackberries and other smart phones. We've become a society obsessed with gadgets and obsessed w/zoning out, which quite frankly baffles me.

I'm actually one of the people responsible for getting folks out of my office in the case of an emergency. It's impossible to get anyone to pay attention when building management gets folks out for training drills because they can't stop texting on their phones. Really ridiculous.

These tech companies are so greed and interested in turning a profit. They should be doing more to see that folks are using their products in a responsible manner. Me personally, I only use my gadgets on the express bus at a level where I can hear so that I can be alert should an emergency occur.

Who would be on voice and use data at the same time anyway???

Me when I'm on a call and using tethering.

Me when I'm using a headset and finding my way with Google Maps.

Me when I'm using a headset and trying to find out about any MTA service delays.

Me when I'm using a headset and trying to send an MMS at the same time.

Me when I'm on a call and using tethering.

Me when I'm using a headset and finding my way with Google Maps.

Me when I'm using a headset and trying to find out about any MTA service delays.

Me when I'm using a headset and trying to send an MMS at the same time.

Okay, I see... Have you ever tried doing something or better yet one thing w/o the headset...? lol

And you didn't make her fly afterward? I know the person who destroys my phone will experience the bird's life before death.

Its my 2 year old niece, what am I supposed 2 do lol

• 2 weeks later...