The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like iOS 5, I dont know about the entire update aside from the notifications & iCloud, but does the new update actually allow full screen web browsing? I found it to be a little annoying to constantly see the top and bottom bars while scrolling on my dad's iTouch.

Some new toys out in the wild, here are some for Sprint!

The HTC EVO 3D

The Motorola XPRT

The Motorola Triumph

The Motorola Photon 4G

The Samsung Replenish

Other toys to be posted later!

• 2 weeks later...

So new rumors are floating about that there are TWO new versions of the iPhone coming out, the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 4S (The essentially cheaper version of the iPhone 5). Target month is said to be either September or October.

So...... For my business phone, which is AT&T, I decided to play with a couple different new phones out there.

I started off with the Samsung Focus Windows 7 phone. I absolutely love the OS, but hate the platform. There are NO apps. No Adobe flash, NO AIM app, and the home screen looks like something my 2 yeah old designed. MS Office 2010, and PDF capabilities are amazing. The HD quality of the Samsung was exceptional as well.

Final decision. After 2 weeks of playing with it, it's definitely not powerful enough, and has no flash or apps.:tdown:

600-samsung-focus-att.jpg

Next, I played with the iPhone 4. Great phone. No adobe flash, and too small for me.

iphone-4-white.jpg

Next I played with the Motorola Atrix. I give it a 4.5 out 5. The Computer dock is exclusive, and it's Android! It's just too small for me.

motorola-atrix-4g-1294335767-725.jpg

So now I'm like....... None of these fit me! I have a HTC Evo 4G, so the only phone I feel is better is the Evo 3D.

Yesterday, I went to the AT&T store for a new phone. I have a week left before I decide on what I want to keep. This is it! The HTC Inspire 4G. I played with it in the store and was sold! It's an Evo 3D without a front facing camera, 1080p HD or kickstand!:drool:

Dolby Digital Mobile is hot! And I can talk and surf (at the same time) at superfast H+ 4G, soon to be LTE 4G speeds! And the battery still lasts longer than my Evo!!:tup:

Full time 4G is amazing. On my Evo, 4G kills the battery. If I'm in a bad zone, I drop to 3G, but I have yet to see Edge. This phone is the best! And the network has gotten better too.

Only drawback is the 720p HD. But I can't tell the difference, and it still looks better than my Evo.

HTC_Inspire_4G.jpg

My phone (which is pretty much identical to this one) has always been kinda modest.

0077_samsung-g600.jpg

My brothers have worked (read: misplaced their phones/had their phones taken or whatever) their way up to a Crackberry.

My mom has an iPhone. I think my sister has something similar.

I don't really want a supermegaultrazord phone. I dislike texting and internet browsing. The small screen just doesn't cut it for me. I'm perfectly willing to limit my interwebz time to a computer.

i have the Motorola Citrus a crappy Android but fast on Verizon and free it is way better than my Sprint Galaxy S so sprint had to go...no signal very poor 3g data and dropped calls but, now that i have Verizon problems solved a little more $$ than Sprint but you get what you pay for

That QWERTY keybord is annoying as hell. I just got the HTC EVO all touch. Phone is sick. These past couple months I went threw th EVO Shift, Epic 4G, and a Blackberry. Im thinking about trying out that new HTC Windows 7 phone, although I dont like Windows phones.

I dont know, but I LOVE hard keyboards! Aside from making my typing experience much better, it also helps when it comes to gaming.

I dont know, but I LOVE hard keyboards! Aside from making my typing experience much better, it also helps when it comes to gaming.

Hard keyboards are the way to go i need an Android with a large screen and hard keyboard i made a mistake my Optimus S not Galaxy is better than the MOTO Citrus i updated the PRL and it is like a new phone so, back to Verizon with their fruit

My Blackberry Tour died on me over 3 weeks ago and I was forced to get a new phone, so I got the iPhone 4 from Verizon and I must tell you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone. Its the first phone I've ever gotten that I love using. It's the best phone I've ever owned, no lie!