The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

If anyone with T-Mobile is interested, check this video out and read the description box for information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KWq9kCOAxA

Also, for proper organization (since we have a computers & technology section now), I have moved this topic to the Computers & Technology section of the forum.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone with T-Mobile is interested, check this video out and read the description box for information.

Also, for proper organization (since we have a computers & technology section now), I have moved this topic to the Computers & Technology section of the forum.

whats wrong with the g2 besides the lag and cracked screen?

I'll give you $70

whats wrong with the g2 besides the lag and cracked screen?

Not a cracked screen, just stained by water when my idiotic friend dropped it in the toilet by accident. There is very little lag on the device.

I'll give you $70

Sounds good, I'll get to you about this on Monday if you can wait that long. Got a few messages from folks being all "HEY, I'LL GIVE YOU AN OFFER SOON" on YouTube.

Sounds good, I'll get to you about this on Monday if you can wait that long. Got a few messages from folks being all "HEY, I'LL GIVE YOU AN OFFER SOON" on YouTube.

You know those people ain't getting back to you or are scammers. Next message: How much to ship to Uganda? :(

That QWERTY keybord is annoying as hell. I just got the HTC EVO all touch. Phone is sick. These past couple months I went threw th EVO Shift, Epic 4G, and a Blackberry. Im thinking about trying out that new HTC Windows 7 phone, although I dont like Windows phones.

The Windows phone is great, but the OS isn't compatible with anything! They don't have Flash or AIM, or about 50,000 other apps/programs the average business man may need. Great phone, but not supported enough!:tdown:

For full touch 4G phones, you can't go wrong with an HTC Evo/ Evo 3D (Best Phone out)/ Thunderbolt/Inspire/Incredible 2

The Windows phone is great, but the OS isn't compatible with anything! They don't have Flash or AIM, or about 50,000 other apps/programs the average business man may need. Great phone, but not supported enough!:tdown:

For full touch 4G phones, you can't go wrong with an HTC Evo/ Evo 3D (Best Phone out)/ Thunderbolt/Inspire/Incredible 2

I gave up any hope for Windows Phone 7. I don't want ANY phone OS that has to use a special program to add to it (yeah, the iCrap too)

I gave up any hope for Windows Phone 7. I don't want ANY phone OS that has to use a special program to add to it (yeah, the iCrap too)

For the most part, I have too. The new Mango update for WP7 wasnt all that exciting either. I do use Launcher 7 at times on my phone just for the kicks lol.

I've got the HTC Incredible and it is an...ahem, incredible phone. I was actually torn over the Evo and Incredible, but I went with the lighter Incredible & Verizon and I'm really satisfied with my choice. The phone is great, call quality is excellent, Internet speed never fails, videos and games load quickly, and the camera isn't shabby at all.

• 2 weeks later...

As an app maker, i gotta say the iPhone and iOS is so much smoother and less buggy. I know Android is soaring past in market share, but Apple will be a major player for a long time.

I once read a great comparison that said, the iPhone is to BMW as Android is to Ford - more on the road, but if you want high end quality, then the winner is clear...

I don't know if apps count, but this i gotta share, so i came across an article about a team of app developers that made a Windows Phone 7 based music theme for Android that was just released to the Market. it costs $3.49, but in my opinion, its totally worth it!. One thing i love about this app is that its very precise and smooth (Unlike the Default Music apps on my phone), the artist pictures that are shown while a song is playing is really remarkable, pick a song, and see the artist at the same time. The app also comes with different themes you can buy in the Market (They are all free) the one that i recommend is the Zune theme (The one showed in the pics below), Although i used Google Music for my default music app, i uninstalled it and chose this one instead, i had to use doubletwist on my PC to get all my song from my iTunes onto my phone (Took about 5-10 minutes) so if you love music and have an Android, i will definitely recommend this app!

(Pictures)

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

(Video)

Edited by tvega961

to Cait Sith: haha :o

DSCF7919.jpg

You must be having lots of fun with it, haha. Good to see you putting it into good use. The one thing that irks me about that rom is the font choice.

Speaking of the G2, while I am waiting for the gingerbread update to hit my phone, I got me two spare batteries for my phone that are really really good imo. The G2's stock battery is at 1300mAh while the two I picked up are at 1500mAh. It's a slight upgrade but its all good in the neighborhood!

Batteries seen here, got both of them for 8 dollars.

DSC02068.jpg

I don't know if apps count, but this i gotta share, so i came across an article about a team of app developers that made a Windows Phone 7 based music theme for Android that was just released to the Market. it costs $3.49, but in my opinion, its totally worth it!. One thing i love about this app is that its very precise and smooth (Unlike the Default Music apps on my phone), the artist pictures that are shown while a song is playing is really remarkable, pick a song, and see the artist at the same time. The app also comes with different themes you can buy in the Market (They are all free) the one that i recommend is the Zune theme (The one showed in the pics below), Although i used Google Music for my default music app, i uninstalled it and chose this one instead, i had to use doubletwist on my PC to get all my song from my iTunes onto my phone (Took about 5-10 minutes) so if you love music and have an Android, i will definitely recommend this app!

(Pictures)

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

(Video)

That is a pretty nifty find and I was going to get that app myself, until I realized.....

I already own one of these, best music player I've ever had and I dont regret spending my $$ on it!

black-zune-hd-rm-eng.jpg

Also, word has it that the iPhone 5/4S release date has been pushed to October now. I wonder if this is true and whats the cause of this.

You must be having lots of fun with it, haha. Good to see you putting it into good use. The one thing that irks me about that rom is the font choice.

Speaking of the G2, while I am waiting for the gingerbread update to hit my phone, I got me two spare batteries for my phone that are really really good imo. The G2's stock battery is at 1300mAh while the two I picked up are at 1500mAh. It's a slight upgrade but its all good in the neighborhood.

1) That's not the defualt ROM font. I changed it.

2) Lots of fun indeed :o

3) I see you bought one of them cheap Chinese batteries. Just hope it doesn't blow up while charging.

4) Root your G2. The custom ROMs for it are a lot faster than stock.

Android 2.3.4 (originally advertised to be 2.3.3) Gingerbread has hit the G2!

DSC02125.jpg

Overall, I am very impressed at what they've done with this update. Performance has improved dramatically and the boot time is incredibly fast now!