The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

i was dead on about gettin an Iphone till i heard about the reception problem...then at the same time the DROID X came out and a friend of mine who owns a verizon store when to some type of workshop on the X before it came out and strongly recommended it..... i've had a million and 1 cell phones over the yrs and this is def. the best 1 !!!!:tup:

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Lets Bring Back the SamSung Galaxy S with super amoled tech.

The Samsung Epic 4G is coming right around the corner. Looks like a sweet phone. My cousin is eyeing that one.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Lets Bring Back the SamSung Galaxy S with super amoled tech.

Yeah, and the Samsung Galaxy S's GPS shits bricks when you attempt to use it :)

metsfan: (touch left side of casing) No Signal

Solution: Buy more things

;)

Actually i've used tons of iPhone 4's and never once had the signal issue. I bought the bumper to protect the phone till other cases are in stores ready for me to try. I really like it (and the phone) a lot, the external buttons are metal on the bumper not plastic, it's pretty nifty engineering.

In a few months i'm likely going to buy a case from switcheasy, since they sell pieces that plug the headphone jack and connector port, makes it easier to not worry about rain dripping in.

- A

T-Mobile version looks like te best bang for the buck...it comes with Avatar

Not only that but i read it has more Open storage memory than the other carriers editions.

Yeah, and the Samsung Galaxy S's GPS shits bricks when you attempt to use it ;)

And how would you know did you test it or buy it? Knowing you i think you tested it.

And how would you know did you test it or buy it? Knowing you i think you tested it.

How'dya think I know. Of course I tested it. Result: What GPS Signal?

Actually i've used tons of iPhone 4's and never once had the signal issue. I bought the bumper to protect the phone till other cases are in stores ready for me to try. I really like it (and the phone) a lot, the external buttons are metal on the bumper not plastic, it's pretty nifty engineering.

In a few months i'm likely going to buy a case from switcheasy, since they sell pieces that plug the headphone jack and connector port, makes it easier to not worry about rain dripping in.

- A

Never had the issue because of the bumpers

Edited by rr4567
removed unused quote

My cousin has an iPhone 4 and he is not experiencing the signaling issue at all. Actually he's perfectly happy with his iPhone 4. Everytime I talk to him there are no drop calls. He must be one of the fortunate ones.

I was literally about to just post about that, I have no signal problems whatsoever. This is the best phone I've ever had.

It depends on your location though, in areas with poor AT&T coverage you'll have bad service. We drove through some little forested park/area and lost coverage on both AT&T & T-Mobile phones.

There's some nice Android phones but they'll be surpassed by another Android phone in a matter of weeks. Almost overkill. I'm surprised the Evo even made it this far without a successor coming along.

There's some nice Android phones but they'll be surpassed by another Android phone in a matter of weeks. Almost overkill. I'm surprised the Evo even made it this far without a successor coming along.

Speaking on that, I'm still waiting on a Windows Mobile phone that's NOT the HD2 -.-

Currently don't have a smartphone...I'm using a Nokia piece of junk flip-phone from T-Mobile. I hate that company and I can't wait for either 1: my mom's contract to expire and she transfers over to AT&T, or 2: I land a spot somewhere to work at to save up for an iPhone 4. I'm somewhat skeptical with the antenna issue the phone's currently having, but I have faith in Apple to rectify the problem, whenever that will be. In addition, AT&T offers the tethering feature for the iPhone 4 so if I'm somewhere with no Wi-Fi, I can turn on tethering on the phone and...voilà! Internets for your laptop!!!

B)

Someone gave me a T-Mobile G1. I have 2 phones now. I may sell the G1

Currently don't have a smartphone...I'm using a Nokia piece of junk flip-phone from T-Mobile. I hate that company

You are happy with your contract?

and I can't wait for either 1: my mom's contract to expire and she transfers over to AT&T, or 2: I land a spot somewhere to work at to save up for an iPhone 4.

So you do wish to switch your grade to a grade that is higher than your current grade - before downgrading for the first 18 months B)

AT&T offers the tethering feature for the iPhone 4 so if I'm somewhere with no Wi-Fi, I can turn on tethering on the phone and...voilà! Internets for your laptop!!!

Yeah, for $20/month!

Getting back on topic, what do you guys think of the BlackBerry Torch?

Never tested it because its on the Damn ATrash&Trash network and Not T-Mobile.

Overall it is better than the storm series.