The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Getting back on topic, what do you guys think of the BlackBerry Torch?

One word..........No..

1) It's an AShit&T phone

2) It's a Blackberry. Even though Blackberries are better than iPhones (Physical Keyboard), I'd still want a phone capable of more, with free programs :P

Now if only all the good phones didn't have those nasty AMOLED screens....

One word..........No..

1) It's an AShit&T phone

2) It's a Blackberry. Even though Blackberries are better than iPhones (Physical Keyboard), I'd still want a phone capable of more, with free programs :P

Now if only all the good phones didn't have those nasty AMOLED screens....

I don't think that's one word. ;)

1) Theres the blackberry, the blueberry the whatever berry but I still think they all stink. The keys should be bigger

2) Android IMO is like Ubuntu and iOS smashed together in a blender

3) AT&T sucks, Verizon pwns. I woulda got an iPhone if those fools at Verizon didn't reject the exclusivity deal for iPhone back in 2007

4) I'm a big fan for Microsoft, but seriously, they gotta keep there nose outta everything in the techno world.

A. Windows Live OneCare sucked, but Security Essentials is pretty good, so I guess its good in the Security department in the Tech world

B. Windows Mobile OS.... its... god damn it M$ stick to real Windows! Not Mobile Windows!

Droid X is good, but its too big. HTC got sued by Apple by copying a bunch of stuff from iPhone

My favorite is iPhone 4, it feels so good in your hand (no homo) and it has more RAM than other phones do, at 512 MB

iPad is really something, except its not what i would call "Portable" ...and for those people saying it sucks because you can't call, do you really want something that big on your cheek lol.

Here's just an example of one of the many mods available for the Android platform. This is my G1 running CyanogenMod 5. (Eclair Rom) CyanogenMod 6 will use the Froyo rom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTiE6UEpCSA

Thats some hot shit :tup:

Right now, im leaning over to get the MyTouch 3G Slide, but there's been rumors flying around about the T-Mobile G2 to come out in September. I hope these rumors are true.

Not mobile-related so to speak but a future firmware update for the iOS (iPhone Operating System) hinted for FaceTime for the iPod touch, meaning that the iPod touch will finally get a camera (to add to that, a dual camera)! I hope this is true so yeah I'm definitely anticipating for next month to come. This was supposed to happen last year but I guess plans changed.

Thats some hot shit :tup:

Right now, im leaning over to get the MyTouch 3G Slide, but there's been rumors flying around about the T-Mobile G2 to come out in September. I hope these rumors are true.

Well I read up that its sometime in September as well. I've seen leaks of some specific stuff from the G2 firmware builds such as the kernel, radio, etc.

Not mobile-related so to speak but a future firmware update for the iOS (iPhone Operating System) hinted for FaceTime for the iPod touch, meaning that the iPod touch will finally get a camera (to add to that, a dual camera)! I hope this is true so yeah I'm definitely anticipating for next month to come. This was supposed to happen last year but I guess plans changed.

Yeah, it's about time. That's just how Apple works though. >_>

You mean the iPod Touch 4G. I wonder how much it would cost

I still can't get over how thin the iPhone 4 is. I took the bumper off thursday at my girlfriend's place to put on a front screen protector on both of ours, and the back vinyl skin on hers, it's like too thin, how does such a device exist? You know that hand gesture where you tell someone they are that far away from gettin slapped for bein a jackass, well... that's how thin it is. :eek::cool:

The front glass itself is actually taller (not sure bout width) than the old models to compensate for lack of the "bump" formed by the curves on the older models.

iphone-4g-and-3gs-side-by-side-m.jpg

Makes the droid x look like a big goofy radio shack doodad.

droid-vs-iphone-001-top-300x199.jpg

Sexy!

iphone-4-side.jpg

iphone-4-unboxed-side-view-625x420.jpg

Every time i reach for my iPhone 4 it's like reaching for some magical device, but it's real, and it kicks serious ass. :eek::eek::cool::tup:

A good page for getting retina display wallpapers:

http://www.iphone4wallpaper.com/

- A

I still can't get over how thin the iPhone 4 is. I took the bumper off thursday at my girlfriend's place to put on a front screen protector on both of ours, and the back vinyl skin on hers, it's like too thin, how does such a device exist? You know that hand gesture where you tell someone they are that far away from gettin slapped for bein a jackass, well... that's how thin it is. :eek::cool:

The front glass itself is actually taller (not sure bout width) than the old models to compensate for lack of the "bump" formed by the curves on the older models.

Sexy!

iphone-4-side.jpg

Every time i reach for my iPhone 4 it's like reaching for some magical device, but it's real, and it kicks serious ass. :eek::eek::cool::tup:

- A

Man I thought I was the only one, it's almost too good to be true. I love taking the case off, even though it's nearly 2 months old it feels like it's brand new (a day old).

I'm totally digging that iPhone 4. I just hope they update the iPod touch to look like it next month* so I can have something that will compensate for it until I get the actual phone instead of the MP3/4 player.

*And something tells me that's just what will happen *keeps fingers crossed*.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Sexy!

iphone-4-side.jpg

- A

Vomits! Iphone sucks and need to be Phased out. :tdown:

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Iphone sucks and need to be Phased out. :tdown:

Incorrect. :o

The phone "fanboys/girls" are sooooo annoying. Whether it's Android, iPhone, etc. I went from Android to the iPhone and I find the latter ahead of the former. Just like when I went from a Blackberry to Android. That doesn't mean I'm gonna shove my views in everyone's face lol.

The iPhone changed the game. And competition is great, each platform is pushing each platform ahead.

Its Pretty Nice for a Mixed Slider keyboard/touch screen phone I'm Waiting for it to come over to T-Mobile untill then imma just get the Bold 9700.

It might be nice but its incredibly slow, the hardware is totally out of date and the new O/S is the only thing that they have going for that phone.