The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

OMG you got that already? Dude I so hate you right now lol. I'm stuck with using the G1 until I can scrape up enough money from my paychecks to upgrade

Haha, T-Mobile was serious when they said that their customers get it first when pre-ordered.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That G2 looks very cool, I was in the verizon store playing with the Droids and they were surprisingly slower than I thought (not MyTouch slow tho). Cool phones.

AT&T grinds my gears is the only downside about my iPhone, it's getting worse too. Yesterday the 3G was the same speed as Edge. Tried to make a serious urgent call last week, got call failed everytime. Took about 30 minutes to get through. I seriously cannot wait for it to come to another carrier, I never knew AT&T would be this bad (and expensive).

I also want Google Navigation, I always used that with my MyTouch. I think it's supposedly coming to iPhone, and I hope so. It's so cool (and free) and it doesn't take up gigabytes of space like some of the iPhone Nav apps.

lol dude, Android has the marketplace where you can download free and paid applications. Just like iTunes.

I know that. What I meant was the amount of apps on the iPhone is the only thing that gives it a 1-up over the Droid. It certainly isn't the network, plans or customer service. But IMO, The EVO 4G is the best phone I have ever used. My cousin has an iPhone 4, and in a side by side comparison that we conducted, the EVO wins hands down. He's seriously considering switching back to Sprint. He only went to AT&T because he wanted an iPhone. He loves his phone, but hates everything else associated with it. Let's not even talk about how he pays $150 for AT&T, and I pay $69. With EVO, my bill will go up to $79, which is still a fraction of what he pays.

So, IMHO, HTC and Android together = Near Flawless Phones. Add 4G to that, and it's a wrap!

Hands down I'm really deciding to go android over blackberry at this point to upgrade from my sidekick lx,07 aka original.

Any good tmobile android phones to get?

My G1 is still holding up fine. Sooner or later, I'll flash a newer kenrel that will allow overclocking to around 700-800mhZ. That's not too far from Snapdragon processors.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Haha, T-Mobile was serious when they said that their customers get it first when pre-ordered.

Damn I should've pre-ordered it when I had the chance lol. I checked the price earlier at a T-Mobile store (23 St and I think 3 Av) and they said if I upgrade to it with the plan I already have, its gonna cost me about $350, but is I cancel my plan and get a new one, its gonna cost me anout $250.

Time for me to start working the corners late nights cuz I ain't changing my plan :P

Hands down I'm really deciding to go android over blackberry at this point to upgrade from my sidekick lx,07 aka original.

Any good tmobile android phones to get?

Blackberry is so overrated. Almost everyone has one and all I hear people with them talk about is BBM. If you're just starting out, I say go for the G1. Is all the fun of a sidekick but 3G plus your youtube account straight to your phone. Plus its a touch screen lmao

Blackberry is so overrated. Almost everyone has one and all I hear people with them talk about is BBM. If you're just starting out, I say go for the G1. Is all the fun of a sidekick but 3G plus your youtube account straight to your phone. Plus its a touch screen lmao

It's a bit too late to use the G1 as an entry level phone especially when there's other phones that can definitely supersede it in terms of looks and performance. The only reason why I have a G1 is that it was cheap as a "for now" phone and I make the most out of it. If I had the money at the time, I would have gotten the Nexus One.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Damn I should've pre-ordered it when I had the chance lol. I checked the price earlier at a T-Mobile store (23 St and I think 3 Av) and they said if I upgrade to it with the plan I already have, its gonna cost me about $350, but is I cancel my plan and get a new one, its gonna cost me anout $250.

Time for me to start working the corners late nights cuz I ain't changing my plan :P

Yeah but G1=Contract

And at this point i don't have no $ to upgrade. Lmao@the Corner.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Thanks it really is a good phone.

It is. My girlfriend has the Vibrant and she loves it. The super AMOLED screen does take a pull on the battery though.

Also, take a look at this:

10x1005oun234aandroid.jpg

Source: Engadget

Edited by SevenEleven

I was playing with the new Droids in the mall the other day, they're cool but kinda slowish to me compared to my iPhone but I bet they're overused. One thing I don't miss is that Task Manager which was already installed on the phones in the store.

Yesterday at the Sprint Store in Green Acres the damn Evo died 5 seconds after I picked it up, lol I didn't even get to press anything.

I was playing with the new Droids in the mall the other day, they're cool but kinda slowish to me compared to my iPhone but I bet they're overused. One thing I don't miss is that Task Manager which was already installed on the phones in the store.

Well I know that the Droid 2 and the Droid X both have 1 GHz processors out of the box, while the original Droid has an underclocked processor of 550 MHz, which can easily be overclocked to as fast as 1200 MHz. At the same time, you have to remember that you need the benchmarks aren't necessarily the same. It would be more better to compare all of them together when they are on the latest firmwares, etc.

Yesterday at the Sprint Store in Green Acres the damn Evo died 5 seconds after I picked it up, lol I didn't even get to press anything.

LOL. Don't they keep the phones running on the chargers?

I present to you this....

Pre-ordered the phone a few days ago and it arrived this morning. Phone feels very solid in the hand and the keyboard is pretty good and very tactile. Camera and such is really good. Comes with Android 2.2 Froyo and lots more goodies.

You only have 1.2GB of space available. Check and see. I ain't lyin'

So my carrier T-Mobile (which is the worst carrier out there FYI :P) gave my mom and myself the dish that I was eligible for an upgrade a month back or so. After depriving myself with flip phones that looks like friggin toys for the past two years, I have picked out a new phone, the Nokia 5230 Nuron:

t-mobile_nokia_5230_nuron-540x404.jpg

It was released earlier this year so its relatively new. It's fully touch screen as well. I'm used to touch screens since i have an iPod touch so I'll see how this phone works out in the long run. I'm supposed to receive it in a week.

So my carrier T-Mobile (which is the worst carrier out there FYI :P) gave my mom and myself the dish that I was eligible for an upgrade a month back or so. After depriving myself with flip phones that looks like friggin toys for the past two years, I have picked out a new phone, the Nokia 5230 Nuron:

t-mobile_nokia_5230_nuron-540x404.jpg

It was released earlier this year so its relatively new. It's fully touch screen as well. I'm used to touch screens since i have an iPod touch so I'll see how this phone works out in the long run. I'm supposed to receive it in a week.

Maybe for you, not for me!

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, so I'm not going to engage in a heated debate over phone carriers.

Lol a heated debate? It's not that serious. It depends on where you live, it's not the same everywhere.

Is that one of the newer OS phones from Nokia?