GMC/TMC/Nova RTS Discussion

RockParkH

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see. Would the MTA retrofit those dog-leg hinge doors? Considering they retrofitted the rear doors for the original RTSes, I could imagine it.

I don't think they would be able to do that. The two buses have different front modules. It would cost too much to replace the entire front end and rewire the bus. And the rear doors are an MTA spec option. You could get them either way. They are standard on the low-floor.

I agree. I was never a fan of the WFD models at all. It looks a little better on the LF, but somebody needs to do a redesign FAST!!!

MTARTSExtreme2.jpg

MTARTSExtreme1.jpg

It's the front...looks nothing like our RTS' that we have now

I agree. I was never a fan of the WFD models at all. It looks a little better on the LF, but somebody needs to do a redesign FAST!!!

MTARTSExtreme2.jpg

MTARTSExtreme1.jpg

I agree, that front is looking critical, needs plastic surgery lol. Has no character plus it's shot (very ugly).

One chopped looking bus however I like the other 3 sides but they could use a little update too.

• 3 weeks later...

On December 7, the team at MTS will submit all their documentation to the bankrupcy judge for him to make a decision. At this point in time, an extension will likely be granted to extend MTS' stay in bankruptcy protection. This will allow the team a little more time to prefect a turn-around business plan that will reflect the new direction in which the company is headed.

As time progresses, I will be able to divulge more and more of this developing story. So to my friend over there on that "other message board," you really wanted to know where I was getting this information from didn't you? You are so convinced the RTS is dead, right along with MTS right?

Just like you were convinced I was crazy and the MTA would never order "90 of this and 90 of that," and everybody that thanked me in that post was just as stupid as I was for believing it? You do realize that you insulted all of them as well as myself right? However, no apologies are needed, and I really wouldn't expect one from somebody like you. So just enjoy the information we post over here, have fun, and loosen up a little bit! Some of you people take this stuff waaaaay too seriously.

And on a side note, I have a copy of said business plan! Any more questions or concerns about MTS??? I can discuss a little more now!

If this is really real here, I would gag. I'm just going to wait this one out but as someone who is a HUGE RTS fan, this would be cause for a big celebration, it this were to be true. ENY, I'm looking forward to hearing what you have got to say in this matter. It's seems VERY fascinating.

I think my dear friend w8hou aka Gold_12th is "gagging" enough for all of us right now! Don't you??

Note: For those of you who know me, you know this post is a bit out of character for me. Several people have told me I should address the topic of the credibility of my sources. As of right now, they are, and have been 99.99% reliable, and they span companies across the entire transit industry. As of lately, they have been willing to open up a bit more about whats going on, because they know all information will be kept in the strict of confidence.

It is because of all the users/members here that keep this place thriving the way it is. I would like to take the time to personally thank each and every one of you for participating, and contributing to what this board has to offer. It's not about competition between boards with us. It's about providing a platform where where people can feel free to discuss almost anything in an environment where their views and opinions will be respected.

I would like to thank you all for supporting NYCTF, and sticking with us. I would like to thank you all for supporting me, East New York. Without you all, there would be no "us." But most of all, without Harry, there would be no me!

As long as I am physically able, and blessed to have to list of contacts I do, I will continue to hit you all off with the exclusives!

So wait till 2011 guys! You all haven't seen anything yet!!!:P

I think my dear friend w8hou aka Gold_12th is "gagging" enough for all of us right now! Don't you??

You based on that accusation? That's really funny. If you disagree with me, takes no pressure to vent off your frustration on this forum.

Within two days I saw two of the plexiglass partitioned RTS buses at FB depot: 5046 and 5180. 5180, I've seen quite often but also sadly it passes by before I can get the camera out and snap a decent shot of it. So while I am lucky to have seen it often, I haven't lucked out to get a decent pic of it.

I hope MTA do it on all of the buses really ASAP when that really un-fare hike goes in place Dec 30. We may see a spike of the incidents.

I finally saw and caught a Designline a couple of days ago (1303 on the (M42)), and that is truly like a "toy RTS". Looks moreso like one in the front and sides than both the MTS low floor RTS, and the original low floor version of the RTS; the Nova LFS.

You based on that accusation? That's really funny. If you disagree with me, takes no pressure to vent off your frustration on this forum.

It think it was more like you disagreed with him when you were flat out wrong and he was right. Now that's what's funny! At least he can admit when he is wrong. Can you?? I think NOT!

I may be new here, but I can definitely see what's been going on. You like to flip things around and then say things like "well if you don't like what I say" and "if you disagree with me" etc. etc. It's not even about that and you damn well know it. You're just mad you aren't privy to all the information he is!! I'm sure he has nothing against you, and you don't even phase him. It's the rest of us that you are beginning to annoy!

Everybody knows ENY isn't perfect, and has been wrong before. But here is an analogy. When it comes to this transit game........

East New York is Surface Transit Headquarters, and well, you're just the storage lot around the corner. Get over it, and certainly get over yourself!!!

Even if MTS is granted amnesty,I honestly dont think that the MTA would be interested in The RTS anymore.Everything has gone boxy.

That's the same thing everybody said when it first came out in the late 70's.

Most everything other than GMC buses have pretty much always been boxy. The MTA isn't buying buses based on their looks. If that was the case, we would have went with NF LFR's right away. The TA is in the process of one of the largest back-to-back procurement, and restructuring phases we have ever seen. Anything.... mark my words, ANYTHING is bound to happen!:P

Throw just about everything you are all used to when it comes to the TA right out of the window!

If they are smart the history of this model has proven its self in NYC. From GMC to NOVA a solid buses that run 20+ years. I would not rule it out since they want to make the best product to replace the fleet. The RTS still stands the as one of the Best Buses ever Made.

Correction: The RTS still stands as THE BEST bus ever made!! If Nova had decided to work on a low-floor model from the jump, we likely wouldn't even be having this discussion. But, just before they took over RTS operations, they launched the LFS, and didn't even bother to update the RTS. Big Mistake!!!

NJT was at falut for most of that order not happen to many spec changes in the late stages. With most of MTS being Ex Nova Staff they know what the MTA likes in an RTS just make it low floor. I think the MTA will give them a look once they get thing in order if DL kan the RTS will kome back.

That's the same thing everybody said when it first came out in the late 70's.

Most everything other than GMC buses have pretty much always been boxy. The MTA isn't buying buses based on their looks. If that was the case, we would have went with NF LFR's right away. The TA is in the process of one of the largest back-to-back procurement, and restructuring phases we have ever seen. Anything.... mark my words, ANYTHING is bound to happen!:P

Throw just about everything you are all used to when it comes to the TA right out of the window!

Your right about that.Look at whats running up and down nyc.The 80s only had...

1984 GMC RTS-04`s

Grumman Flixibles

1987-1991 TMC RTS

GMC fishbowls.

Now we have more variety:tup:

Correction: The RTS still stands as THE BEST bus ever made!! If Nova had decided to work on a low-floor model from the jump, we likely wouldn't even be having this discussion. But, just before they took over RTS operations, they launched the LFS, and didn't even bother to update the RTS. Big Mistake!!!

The best bus ever made was the GM Newlook/Fishbowl , RTS is second

Archived