Straphangers Outraged By M.T.A.'s $600M Overtime Bill

EE Broadway Local

These B/O and other operators of the MTA deserve the OT pay they get, im not sure if NYC is the same as Ottawa but here in ottawa average OT pay is around 35-40$ per hour because! these drivers are taking time out of their day mainly to provide service to bus routes that interline and cant make their other trip, people should be thankful for these drivers especially the ones who work trippers because they are the ones who take their bus out a 6 am and do all the extra routes these passengers need and again at 2:30 and will sometimes be out till 7 or 8 covering trips that would normally be cancelled if there wasnt anyone to cover it

* not saying dont be thankfull to full hour B/O's but in ottawa its only Extras and trippers that normally do OT *

40-50 hours? I wish I only had to work that in a week, compared to the 70-80 I'm doing now.

France has enacted a 35-hour workweek by law, and similar results have been produced in other countries such as Germany through collective bargaining.

40-50 hours? I wish I only had to work that in a week, compared to the 70-80 I'm doing now.

I agree. I'm working a 65 hour run plus I have a 75 minute commute to/from Cape Cod. I'm just going off the LGA runs sheet I saw that had most runs 40-55 hrs.

Archived