Do you Remember Mr. Darius McCollum?

EE Broadway Local

Contrary to popular belief, I think the MTA should give Mr. McCollum a job. As the Wiki article implies, it would be like the movie "Catch Me If You Can." Instead of spending all these tax dollars on court costs and fee's, just let the guy work for RTO in some minor capacity! Some place where he can be monitored closely, yet do what he loves to do! He could do customer service somewhere, or even give tours at the transit museum. I just think the safest way to keep watch over him, is to have him on the payroll! The guy is "special." He's not a terrorist, or some insane skitso. He's been around MTA property for 30 years! IMO, he would never do anything to hurt anyone, or harm the MTA. The TA should actually be proud of their status as one of the most revered TA's in world history! If they were smart, they would hire him, make a movie about it, and generate some much needed cash. Locking him up everytime he comes near a train wil NEVER solve the problem.

Couldnt have said that any better. Locking him up will only make him want to do it again. Give him a job and you wont hear about it again. its the same situation with child support. Its not paid so they get locked up and tax dollars pays for it and only makes that person not pay it again and sit in jail until its paid up and releasd and the process starts all over again.

All you people say to lock him up lol. Look at it this way. When he gets locked up, your tax dollars pays for his ass to sit in jail. The system fails us everytime. Give him a job and make a movie and the MTA gets money, its that simple.

The problem though is that the guy from "Catch Me If You Can" was "normal" and was doing what he did to steal money. Darius is not "normal", he has sever social and mental problems that would prevent him from going and job he would be given. He does what he wants, plain and simple.

Archived