126th St Depot

bknitti

Don't know about the management. The infamous line that runs out of there is the M15 (aka the busiest bus line in the Americas). They also run the Randall/Wards Island M35. They have a few upper Manhattan crosstown routes also. I think rookies will be mainly on the M15 though.

Driving the artics on the M15 would probably be fun.

With that traffic on 2nd Ave., especially around the bridges. Forget that. He should just throw has paddle out the window, especially on Fridays and the evening rush. Don't miss driving in that nightmare. At least the people aren't a pain, like they are in the Bronx. That's the good thing.

With that traffic on 2nd Ave., especially around the bridges. Forget that. He should just throw has paddle out the window, especially on Fridays and the evening rush. Don't miss driving in that nightmare. At least the people aren't a pain, like they are in the Bronx. That's the good thing.

True the traffic may be a nightmare, but like you said the people aren't too bad. I used to take the 15 almost everyday at one time, and as a passenger, I did get restless in that crazy ass traffic.

thanks for the info. I won't mind the traffic at first (at least i don't think so). I just want to make it through probation.

You won't be able to go fast enough to get into any serious accidents, except late at night. Just do what they taught you, and keep your mirrors the way they taught you. Some of these senior drivers have these mirrors placed the absolute wrong way. That is why they are most likely to have a "knockdown", with the rear wheels. You will most likely line train on the short buses first, and then you will be taken out by a 19A dispatcher (they give probie rides) on the artics. Then you will line train on that route(s). You will lose the view of your right rear wheels when turning, so use that interior mirror (which only helps so much), and always "download" who is standing on the corners when you turn. You will have to move to your left alot to see most of the rear right.

Thanks. Today i trained on the M66. Traffic was tough but I liked it. tomorrow I'm on the M31. I heard thats good too. They havent trained me on the artics yet so it may be a while before i see the infamous M15.

I think I saw some of your classmates in KB today. 3 weeks ago a class graduated, now another one is there to start line training. They went out in a bus with a depot union rep, to be spoken to about the depot and the job. Yeah, more rookies to bring me my bus extra late..............

When you get to drive the artics, just look in your left mirror to see how huge that bus actually is, lol.

Yeah a few people from my class picked KB. alot more wanted it, but there was only a few spots available and they came off the board quick. There will be classes every two weeks. One started Monday the 17th so i have some seniority over someone already (lol).

Hey Hamlin. I see line training is going great for you. Thats great. I'm in Staten Island. I was getting lost on my route yesturday and I told the dispatcher that the directions I was given were wrong. He said "thats not my problem". I guess some dispatchers are pains (can't curse on here). I'm happy to hear you atleast got manhatten. Good luck and I will see you at graduation.

Hey Hamlin. I see line training is going great for you. Thats great. I'm in Staten Island. I was getting lost on my route yesturday and I told the dispatcher that the directions I was given were wrong. He said "thats not my problem". I guess some dispatchers are pains (can't curse on here). I'm happy to hear you atleast got manhatten. Good luck and I will see you at graduation.

Dont you have someone on the bus with you?

Gimmecks- you do have someone on the bus with you, but they are usually busy talking to people. I mapped out the route before I drove, but I screwed up and made a wrong turn.

Did you trainer give you a hand? When you go on line training, is that when you start you reg schedule or is it still on a training schedule?

Did you trainer give you a hand? When you go on line training, is that when you start you reg schedule or is it still on a training schedule?

It is another operators regular schedule, who you go out with (it will be a different operator each day). These are the operators who have the Safety Jackets. They get students, for line training.

Gimmecks- you do have someone on the bus with you, but they are usually busy talking to people. I mapped out the route before I drove, but I screwed up and made a wrong turn.

Don't know how you mapped it out, to get lost. This is what you do. They (your line trainer) suppose to do the 1st round trip, so you get familiar with the route. Then you do the next, or even the one after. As for the dispatcher he is right in this case. Reason being, is you have a seasoned operator with you, who knows the line. They should be paying attention to what you are doing, and where you are going. You write down directions while they drive (look for landmarks at turning points). Then you drive. If they insist on you driving all day, you insist they pay attention to where you are going, on your first round trip. Some dispatchers are a$$holes, and I have told one off on two different occasions when in West Farms. They is/was a crew dispatcher. Very few operators liked this person.

So Mr. Frusci and Bknitti are classmates. You both better graduate too, or else. As a matter of fact all of you better. Why? Cause misery loves company, and I need plenty of it. :(:D:D:D

Archived