Flight attendant arrested at JFK airport

mass production

Police have arrested a flight attendant at JFK after an emergency chute deployed on a JetBlue flight from Pittsburgh to New York.

Flight attendant Steven Slater was arrested for criminal mischief and criminal trespass.

There is no further information on the incident at this time, but JetBlue released the following statement.

"Flight 1052, arriving at JFK from Pittsburgh International Airport shortly after 12:00PM, experienced an evacuation slide deployment after parking at the gate. There were no injuries and all customers deplaned the aircraft safely through the jetway. At this time, we are working with the FAA and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to investigate the incident. At no time was the security or safety of our Customers or Crewmembers at risk."

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7600818

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/123468/jet-blue-employee-to-be-charged-in-connection-with-incident-at-jfk

This guy is a pig. Some passenger accidentally bumps into him and he goes off on a tirade.

Good luck finding another job after all of this exposure a#$hole..

I actually agree with what the guy did people don't understand and or comply with rules given by the airline crew members at some point u give up on people who don't listen I applaud him I remember being on a flight where a female flight attendent had to literally run down the aisle to prevent someone from getting their luggage while the plane was on its way to the gate

This guy is a pig. Some passenger accidentally bumps into him and he goes off on a tirade.

Good luck finding another job after all of this exposure a#$hole..

Accident or not, the woman acted more like an a**hole than the flight attendant did. What he did was dumb but there comes a time when people snap because they are sick of the public. And if I was that flight attendant, I would do the same damn thing too. Kudos to Steven Slater!!!

Accident or not, the woman acted more like an a**hole than the flight attendant did. What he did was dumb but there comes a time when people snap because they are sick of the public. And if I was that flight attendant, I would do the same damn thing too. Kudos to Steven Slater!!!

Mr. Slater has become a national folk hero. It was a lead story even in San Diego.

Still i think Slater could have shown class and just quit after the flight no matter how much a jerk is the passenger IMO. He actions put the other passengers in unneeded danger and deserves to be canned.

However in this age of making celebrities out of bizzare situations watch him be a guest on the talk shows like Letterman.:eek:

What happened? Now it turns out this fruitcake did what most of them do, anything they can to get attention. After detectives interviewed almost all of the passengers it turns out hes a big fat liar. He had an attitude the whole flight and was rude. They are showing some passengers on the news saying how rude and inappropiate his behaviour was the whole flight.

ALl of you people jumped to conclusions "APPLAUDING HIM" and "PEOPLE ARE SAVAGES".. yea right. the only savage was this guy. ..you people who think you know what happened are the really dumb ones for believeing everything..SOoooo gullible,you didnt even know the real deal and sided with some stranger you dont even know... . Hes pathetic, he couldnt get a real job so hes doing a womans job. Real men dont work as flight attendants.

like I said.. A PIG!

Its pretty weak when the public will be so easily swayed to name him as a hero for quitting his job the way he did. People are sheep, they just follow the herd . Followers not leaders.

What happened? Now it turns out this fruitcake did what most of them do, anything they can to get attention. After detectives interviewed almost all of the passengers it turns out hes a big fat liar. He had an attitude the whole flight and was rude. They are showing some passengers on the news saying how rude and inappropiate his behaviour was the whole flight.

ALl of you people jumped to conclusions "APPLAUDING HIM" and "PEOPLE ARE SAVAGES".. yea right. the only savage was this guy. ..you people who think you know what happened are the really dumb ones for believeing everything..SOoooo gullible,you didnt even know the real deal and sided with some stranger you dont even know... . Hes pathetic, he couldnt get a real job so hes doing a womans job. Real men dont work as flight attendants.

like I said.. A PIG!

Its pretty weak when the public will be so easily swayed to name him as a hero for quitting his job the way he did. People are sheep, they just follow the herd . Followers not leaders.

On my flight to Southern Calif recently i had a crew where all 3 flight attendants were men so where they 'pigs' too? LMAO:p

In this economy where good paying jobs are hard to come by as long as they are not stealing who cares what the sexually gender of the crew as long as they do their job IMO. Better than stealing or robbing people.

Every thing else you said Papa Smurf, you made some excellent points in your above comments. In that job dealing as a n airline 'host' and you meet with hundred of passengers or more every day, you will deal with jerks and a@sh@les. With that said, I just don't understand why resort to actions that would in most cases get an airline passenger in trouble and maybe even thrown in jail.:mad:

On my flight to Southern Calif recently i had a crew where all 3 flight attendants were men so where they 'pigs' too? LMAO:p

In this economy where good paying jobs are hard to come by as long as they are not stealing who care what the sexually gender of the crew as long as they do their job. Better than stealing or robbing people.

I dont know about the guys who were flight attendants on your flight to Cali or their behaviour on the job, All i know is this guys behaviour on the job as reported and as stated by eye witnesses on the plane. His behaviour is what makes him a pig. Profane messages over the PA system where children are on the flight also, popping an emergency exit and sliding down with a beer in each hand like he was some queer from a sex and the city episode.. thats what makes him a pig...

And when I said real men arent flight attendants.. its the truth. I know stewardesses and they said that a majority of those guys are gay.. so yeah a real man isnt a flight attendant, or secratary, cashiers etc... there are certain jobs that are dominated by women for a reason....

I dont know about the guys who were flight attendants on your flight to Cali or their behaviour on the job, All i know is this guys behaviour on the job as reported and as stated by eye witnesses on the plane. His behaviour is what makes him a pig. Profane messages over the PA system where children are on the flight also, popping an emergency exit and sliding down with a beer in each hand like he was some queer from a sex and the city episode.. thats what makes him a pig...

And when I said real men arent flight attendants.. its the truth. I know stewardesses and they said that a majority of those guys are gay.. so yeah a real man isnt a flight attendant, or secratary, cashiers etc... there are certain jobs that are dominated by women for a reason....

LMAO at your sexist/biased comments! How can you be so sure someone isn't "a real man" based on what their job title is? Cashiers???? LMAO again! Are you sure you're from New York City??

LMAO at your sexist/biased comments! How can you be so sure someone isn't "a real man" based on what their job title is? Cashiers???? LMAO again! Are you sure you're from New York City??

Or how about if you go to hosptials and medical places you also likely to see male nurses as well. This is kind of what soon to be term limited Gov. Arnold would say.:eek:

An update in this morning paper's 8/13/10. Now Mr. Slater side of his story is now being questioned.

Some passengers dispute jetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater's claim that he was provoked

BY Barry Paddock In North Haven, Maine, Alison Gendar, Matthew Lysiak and Rich Schapiro

NY DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Friday, August 13th 2010

He's ready for takeoff again.

Flight attendant Steven Slater - suspended after he fled a jet in a snit through an emergency chute - wants his wings back, his lawyer said Thursday.

"Steven's hope is to return to aviation," lawyer Howard Turman said outside Slater's home in Belle Harbor, Queens. "That is his love."

Slater, 38, has been hailed as a working man's hero for telling off a passenger over the intercom, grabbing beer and jumping out a slide at Kennedy Airport on Monday.

But some passengers on jetBlue Flight 1052 dispute the steaming steward's claim that he was provoked by a woman who hit him with a carry-on bag or overhead door and cursed him out.

Port Authority cops interviewed about 40 people on the Pittsburgh-to-New York flight and haven't found anyone who backs up Slater's story.

College student Hilary Baribeau, 20, came home to Maine after a three-day hiking trip to find cops wanted to grill her.

"We heard your name and wanted to check in with you and see what you had to say about the flight," she said they told her.

"Pretty much what I remember happening is I got on a plane and I got off a plane," the Carnegie Melon University senior said. "I don't remember anyone getting into any fights, any confrontations."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/13/2010-08-13_out_to_launch.html#ixzz0wZDBBlY0

No one could back it up, um since when do pax stare at flight attendants & monitor their activity unless they find them attractive? Even then most pax stare out the window at book or the back of the seat in front of them.

- A

If they think he's looking for his fifteen minutes of fame, then so are those who claim to dispute his story.

The detectives interviewed 90% of the passengers. Most of the ones who saw anything or had any interaction with the flight attendant had negative reviews of this guy.. And the cut on his forehead that supposedly came from the passenger taking her overhead luggage out hitting him in the head.. It didnt even happen. He had that scrape on his head before the flight and they found security videos of it.

Then there was the passenger who said this flight attendant was all out in the wrong. He was sitting in his seat with it in the upright position and Slater kept yelling at the guy to put his seat in the upright position when it already was. Then Slater goes and pushes the button on the seat and tries to move it forward himself and it didnt budge cause it was already there..

Yea I guess all of these people like lying to detectives and committing perjury and crying to the media because they want 15 mins of fame also.

Archived