Dead motors on an R68A school car train

trainfan22

Today, I saw an R68A school car train. Of the first four cars the motors were working, however, the last four cars ALL of the motors were dead. It was kinda weird to see a train with that many dead motors.

But the question is does the MTA do this on purpose? To make the train harder to operate or something?

Today, I saw an R68A school car train. Of the first four cars the motors were working, however, the last four cars ALL of the motors were dead. It was kinda weird to see a train with that many dead motors.

But the question is does the MTA do this on purpose? To make the train harder to operate or something?

Just curious what made you think the last 4 cars had dead motors??

It was probally going to the Yard then you dont plug the road with half of those 8 cars not working..

Funny never heard of 4 cars with motors dropping out enroute..

Wonder if that train was "simulating" station stops with those dead motors?

Nah im sure it wasnt...

It was probally going to the Yard then you dont plug the road with half of those 8 cars not working..

Funny never heard of 4 cars with motors dropping out enroute..

Wonder if that train was "simulating" station stops with those dead motors?

Nah im sure it wasnt...

Yes it was simulating station stops and it had a whole bunch of MTA workers in the front of the train. And it did go to CI yard because i got on the (Q) train that came five minutes later and went it got to stillwell the school car train was gone...

The last four cars had the blue light on the side of the train...

Thats not a motor fault indication light..

Thats an end door(s) that is opened indicator light..

I knew they wouldnt have a train full of rookies moving a train with 4 cars full of dead motors..

Thats not a motor fault indication light..

Thats an end door(s) that is opened indicator light..

I knew they wouldnt have a train full of rookies moving a train with 4 cars full of dead motors..

OH yeah i guess i got the lights mixed up LOL. So the dead motor light is the amber light oh ok so now i know....

Archived