Where is everyone from?

twty22

i was born in brooklyn and lived in ridgewood Queens on woodward ave. ( my aunt still lives there). we moved to Glendale Queens when i was about 5 yrs old and stayed there until high school. i used to take the Q55 to school and paid half fare .55 cents. went to IS 119. then i took the Q39 to high school before i moved ( La Guardia Middle College HS on van damm st,Queens, NY)

then moved to long island when i was in High school and been on Long island ever since...

so where is everyone from....:(

born in brooklyn in 1981 (long island college hospital, over on atlantic av, by the BQE)

raised in wakefield, bronx... ft. greene, brooklyn... and east flatbush, brooklyn....

(majority of my life has been here as a resident in east flatbush; over 25 yrs....)

to be honest, I'm lookin to move the hell out of here... not b/c it's so dangerous (quote-unquote), it's just time for a change.... I'm quite bored & fed up with the (growing) belligerence of the people here, the lack of variety of eateries (nothin but chinese food & west indian bakeries/restaurants), and a whole host of other things that I don't want to bother marring the thread with....

I was born at Weil Cornell (or whatever they call themselves these days) hospital on the Upper East Side. My mother is from S. Carolina but my father is from Trinidad. This is there I lived...

1990: Washington Hts

1991-1993: Trinidad

1993-1995: Fort Greene

1995-1996: Cobble Hill

1997: Far Rockaway

1998-2000: Bed-Stuy

2000-2003: Lower East Side

2003-2005: Glendale

2005-2007: Bushwick

2008-present: Glendale again & Bushwick (I go back & forth)

I was born in The Bronx(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(9) in 1974(not too sure where?) moved to Queens, (7)Jackson Heights when I was a few months old, about six months later moved to (J)Woodhaven where I grew up at. I went to school in Queens from K to 9th Grade finished my 3 years of high school in PA, went on to college in Providence, RI for 2 years, then moved back to PA for a few years, and then moved back to (J)Woodhaven, NY in April of 98 been there since. During the years that I was attending school out of state I did my best to come visit my family, and friends in NY. I remember 20 years ago that the fare to take a (NYCT)bus or train was only $1.00, and it hiked up to $1.15 no such thing as metrocards yet, but tokens at the time.

born in brooklyn in 1981 (long island college hospital, over on atlantic av, by the BQE)

raised in wakefield, bronx... ft. greene, brooklyn... and east flatbush, brooklyn....

(majority of my life has been here as a resident in east flatbush; over 25 yrs....)

to be honest, I'm lookin to move the hell out of here... not b/c it's so dangerous (quote-unquote), it's just time for a change.... I'm quite bored & fed up with the (growing) belligerence of the people here, the lack of variety of eateries (nothin but chinese food & west indian bakeries/restaurants), and a whole host of other things that I don't want to bother marring the thread with....

Lol. I feel you on the chinese food and west indian bakeries/restaurants. Thats all you will ever find in Flatbush/East Flatbush aka "The Carribean Heart & Soul of Brooklyn". Whenever my mom goes to her docter's appointment (which is in a Jewish neighborhood) she buys a few cookies from their bakery. Emmm, emmm, good!

I have always within 2 minutes walking distance of the 145 Street (A) (:((C)(D) Station. From September 1984 to September 1998, I lived close to the north side of the station in an apartment building. Since September 1998, I live close to the south side of the station in a brownstone. This area has changed so much for the better since I moved in 1998. I should get ready to move in September 2012...

P.S. If you are wondering how the heck I like the Phillies, click here...

Born in a settlement in a village near the city of Mönchengladbach, Germany.

the red house is new, i live in one of the white houses

neubaugebiet.jpg

kids on soccer place, in my childhood i had played nearly each day there

Neuer%2BBolzplatz.jpg

other new houses in my settlement

Baugebiet%20August%2006%201000px.jpg

school

24940351.jpg

the new public swimming pool, the older one was burned

vitusbad_kompri.jpg

Soccer stadium from Borussia Mönchengladbach

Arena_auf_schalke_gelsenkirchen_germany.JPG

Main station in Mönchengladbach

MGHBF.jpg

damn, lol it looks sooo much more advanced. but i am surprised to see all those house with solar energy

That's a new trend here for 10 years, every new house has a solar cell because the gov gives you a part of the money for it.

Oh it's not high advanced, Mönchengladbach has a high unemployment rate;)

Christmas in the city of Mönchengladbach

6130683.jpg

My favorite disco "nightlife"

0c005bf8e4ad24b8bdc6e4166960977a.jpg

The vandalized S&L :)

253888.jpg

Bus operater is NVV AG

moenchengladbach-16007.jpg

The ALDI store

aldi_aussen.jpg

the new fire station

aussen_mittel.jpg