Where is everyone from?

twty22

I was born and raised in Cork City in the south of Ireland. When i was 26 I got a visa to come to the US. I lived in Queens for 11 years and in 2006 I move to LI. When i travel to Queens it feels like i'm going home. Like most people I have a love hate relationship with NY. This morning I took the LIRR to Jamaica but I took the subway from there in to Penn. It's like two different worlds. I love the subway, when the doors slide open at the next stop you never know who or what is coming through the door.

I was born in Queens Hospital Center in 1996, and my mom and dad lived in South Ozone Park, Queens at the time. Then we moved to East New York in '97, then we lived in East Harlem for a few months before moving to Washington Heights in '98. Then we moved to Wakefield in 2002, and now we live in Williamsbridge....

Technically born out near Port Jefferson in '86 but I really didn't live there long. All the time my family spend out in Suffolk county, I was too young to remember. All my fam. used to live either in Brooklyn or out on LI but a lot have moved over to more spacious areas in Northern NJ. My immediate family relocated to kind of the border between Valley Stream and Lynbrook (south of Sunrise) and it was/still is a decent place to live, but it's pretty boring. Then I took a big risky decision and moved down to the St. Petersburg area of Florida with my father. Cool for a little while, but I got homesick damn quickly. He loves it down there though, met a new wife and settled down in a sweet house. The heat just gets to me, plus that area lacks something intangible. Just very slow & laid back. I've always had ties to areas like Greenpoint and LIC and most of my friends live around there at this point, so I'm always thinking about moving out there - but the recession has been a royal b**ch and until I start bringin' home that dough again, I'm gonna stay out here with the fam.

hope that wasn't painfully boring. heh.

I was born in Jersey City, New Jersey (Margaret Hague Maternity Center) and grew up in The Heights. I lived for a time in New York City and Upstate New York.

Jersey City has several neighborhoods: The Heights, Bergen, Lafayette, Marion, Greenville, Downtown, Newport, Croxton and within these are areas: Western Slope, Sparrow Hill, Journal Square, Mc Ginley Square, The Junction, West Bergen, The Village, Van Vorst Park, and Paulus Hook.

Some things that came/come from Jersey City:

*Colgate and Palmolive products.

*Dixon Ticonderoga Pencils. The original Dixon plant at 167 Wayne Street is today The Dixon Mills.

*Mueller Macaroni. For a long time, E.F. Mueller Company was located at 180 Baldwin Avenue next to Scott Printing at 190 Baldwin Avenue near the PATH tracks.

*American Can Company 50 Dey Street now the CanCo Lofts

*Mr. Frank Hague well known Mayor of Jersey City from 1917 to 1947.

Archived