Metropolitan Av Update...

Fresh Pond

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

As you're not presently aware of, they're replacing the safety strips on the Myrtle Av (M) line. These are from Metropolitan Av, the southbound side (the side to Metropolitan Av) is already completed, while the northbound side (city-bound) isn't started, enjoy...

met1.jpg

met2.jpg

met3.jpg

met4.jpg

met5.jpg

met6.jpg

met7.jpg

met8.jpg

met9.jpg

something random...

met10.jpg

Didn't they renovate this station before other than the tac-tile?

I don't think so, since they would have replaced the strips then. Maybe it was just adding an escalator/elevator for ADA purposes? Even then they would add the strips.

I also saw some progress on the Myrtle Ave. line today, since I was there. Much of Fresh Pond Rd. has it already; the stations look so much better with them since those stations can really use some work. BTW, the entire West End line is also getting all the platform strips, as part of its complete rehab. 9th Ave. S/B already has them.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I don't think so, since they would have replaced the strips then. Maybe it was just adding an escalator/elevator for ADA purposes? Even then they would add the strips.

I also saw some progress on the Myrtle Ave. line today, since I was there. Much of Fresh Pond Rd. has it already; the stations look so much better with them since those stations can really use some work. BTW, the entire West End line is also getting all the platform strips, as part of its complete rehab. 9th Ave. S/B already has them.

Nope, the last time they did major work over there was when they replaced the tracks. Metropolitan Av is already ADA accessable (sp?) since its St ground level, much like how Rockaway Pk (H) & Rockaway Pkwy (L) are.

Archived