(M) Train Riders See Silver Lining

Sea Beach

Or another idea as the (MTA) changes subway routings every few years like we change underwear:cool:. The idea is to run the (W) between 96nd/2nd when SAS opens as well and run it down to Whitehall(all times)and extended weekdays to Bay Parkway.

Whitehall is inadequate as a terminal. IMO, Canal Street would be better, followed by a layup at City Hall Yard.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which ever service goes to S BK during the peak needs to terminate at BJ and run on the express....You cannot have a local from S BK to Jamaica it wont work to many delays and holdup and its Very long....

If the B'way Junction service went express and the Jamaica service went local from B'way to Myrtle, Jamaica riders would not be happy.

My solution:

(J) Jamaica to Broad Street, peak-direction exp from B'way to Marcy.

(Z) B'way Jct. to 9 Av (D), peak direction exp from Myrtle to Marcy.

Skip-stop eliminated.

Jamaica along with anyone else going into the city east of BJ will switch to the (Z) across the platform where it will be waiting with a timed pullout with the local (J).....

Not a big deal...like I said the majority of riders getting on the (J) in Jamaica is not going into the city on the same (J) their going to the midtown trains the (A)(C) or (L) at BJ but with the (Z) going express is better because you have a clear track...instead of the conga line of delays that happen on the skip-a-stop

If the B'way Junction service went express and the Jamaica service went local from B'way to Myrtle, Jamaica riders would not be happy.

My solution:

Skip-stop eliminated.

What about riders at Jamaica Center/Parsons/Archer, Sutphin Blvd/Archer Avenue, Woodhaven Blvd, and Crescent Street? They will still have their wait times doubled from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. Even if they break even once they get a train, with the Bway Junction-Myrtle express balancing out with the loss of skip-stop, they still have to wait an extra 5 minutes for the train.

What about riders at Jamaica Center/Parsons/Archer, Sutphin Blvd/Archer Avenue, Woodhaven Blvd, and Crescent Street? They will still have their wait times doubled from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. Even if they break even once they get a train, with the Bway Junction-Myrtle express balancing out with the loss of skip-stop, they still have to wait an extra 5 minutes for the train.

The (J)(Z) would get their respective frequencies increased from 10 minutes to 6 or 7.

My solution:

Skip-stop eliminated.

What about the (M) switching at Myrtle? You create the king of conga lines?

NOOOOOOO THIS ^^^^^ IS THE DUMBEST STATEMENT EVER....Get with the times...Skip-A-Stop save NO TIME its pointless when you're held up at red lights for 3-4 mins in Train Traffic from BJ to Essex....and it happens to the (J)/(Z) ALOT!

"LADIES AND GENTELMENT WE'RE ARE BEING DELAYED DUE TO TRAIN TRAFFIC AHEAD, PLEASE BE PAITENT AND THANK YOU FOR RIDING WITH THE M-T-F'ing-A"..........UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Most asinine statement ever.

Oh yes because first and foremost is Jamaica Resident come above all others on the (J)/(Z) when most Jamaica are expressoholics for the (E) and (F)

most Jamaica residence take the (E) or transfer at BJ for the (A)(C)(L)...NO ONE and I mean no one takes the (J)/(Z) into Manhattan from Jamaica... NO ONE - Not a significant portion anyway....

WRONG! The (J)/(Z) to Broad Street from Jamaica Center takes 50 minutes. The (E) takes just about the same time...and the (J) serves a busier sector of Lower Manhattan than the (E) does...the World Trade Center is gone. That said, NO Jamaica residents would backtrack to Sutphin Boulevard to take the (E) to get into Manhattan.

all i can say is after reading, er skimming, this f**king thread i am really grateful that none of the posters behind these idiotic ideas in this thread work in operations planning otherwise i'm pretty sure the next time i got on a train to go to work it would go downtown via uptown local but it would run peak direction express after just so all the foamers could wet their pants, and my commute would take 40 minutes longer.

WRONG! The (J)/(Z) to Broad Street from Jamaica Center takes 50 minutes. The (E) takes just about the same time...and the (J) serves a busier sector of Lower Manhattan than the (E) does...the World Trade Center is gone. That said, NO Jamaica residents would backtrack to Sutphin Boulevard to take the (E) to get into Manhattan.

Maybe riders going into Midtown. But even then, they probably wouldn't backtrack using the (J)-they would use a crosstown bus like the Q10 or Q37 to get to the Queens Blvd Line. But they would only backtrack if they were coming from east of Woodhaven Blvd.

Wow are you just as antagonistic and obnoxious in face 2 face as you come off in your post.......

You dont need to be an Assh*** just because someone disagrees with you.

PLEASE SAVE IT....50 mins is if the the (J)/(Z) runs without delays and how often does that happen...DAMN NEAR NEVER! these days, it takes well over an hour with the delays and constant stopping due to train traffic.

Majority of Jamaica residence want midtown service not downtown...the downtown crowds come west of BJ....GENIUS...the majority of Jamaica (J) riders bail on the (J) at BJ for the (L)(A) and (C) No one rides the line from end to end...is so its very few to count...

Like I said Skip-A-Stop is BS it doesnt work....(J)/(Z) needs to use the express track for faster service....Regardless of how pompous LRG wants to be I stand by this theory....

Wow are you just as arrogant and obonoxous as you come off in your post.......

You dont need to be an Assh*** just because someone disagrees with you.

PLEASE SAVE IT....50 mins is if the the (J)/(Z) runs without delays and how often does that happen...DAMN NEAR NEVER! these days, it takes well over an hour with the delays and constant stopping due to train traffic.

Majority of Jamaica residence want midtown service not downtown...the downtown crowds come west of BJ....GENIUS...the majority of Jamaica (J) riders bail on the (J) at BJ for the (L)(A) and (C) No one rides the line from end to end...is so its very few to count...

Like I said Skip-A-Stop is BS it doesnt work....(J)/(Z) needs to use the express track for faster service....Regardless of how pompous LRG wants to be I stand by this theory....

You obviously must not know what you are talking about. Without skip-stop service during rush hours you'd never hear the end of it from those who live along the Jamaica Line.

The (J)(Z) together run on headways of every FIVE minutes during the rush. There is a LOT LESS bunching up on those lines than on many other lines in the subway during the rush, many of which run with headways of THREE MINUTES OR LESS. So I don't know what you're all complaining about. Skip stop does serve a purpose along those lines.

And the (Z) is not going to Brooklyn. Get over it.

The only thing that MIGHT possibly be a good idea at all for expanding service is two extra put in (J)s out of ENY that terminate at Chambers during the AM rush, and run from Chambers and drop out at ENY during the PM rush to alleviate high ridership along Nassau St during the peak of the rush. That's it.

The (J)(Z) together run on headways of every FIVE minutes during the rush. There is a LOT LESS bunching up on those lines than on many other lines in the subway during the rush, many of which run with headways of THREE MINUTES OR LESS. So I don't know what you're all complaining about. Skip stop does serve a purpose along those lines.

The only thing that MIGHT possibly be a good idea at all for expanding service is two extra put in (J)s out of ENY that terminate at Chambers during the AM rush, and run from Chambers and drop out at ENY during the PM rush to alleviate high ridership along Nassau St during the peak of the rush. That's it.

And ur probably one of the one who said the (Mx) / (V) would never happen.....so how bout U get over it......If service levels are ever restored the (Mx) will never return.....Middle Village Ridgewood riders are now drunk on one seat midtown service and a good amount of ppl are transfering from the (J) to the (M) at Myrtle instead of the (F) @ essex

Thank you. While it's unfortunate that majority of people on here don't have a brain, I'm definitely glad that you are amongst those who do. Thanks for proving my point that skip-stop DOES work.

And ur probably one of the one who said the (Mx) / (V) would never happen.....so how bout U get over it......If service levels are ever restored the (Mx) will never return.....Middle Village Ridgewood riders are now drunk on one seat midtown service and a good amount of ppl are transfering from the (J) to the (M) at Myrtle instead of the (F) @ essex

The (M) is here so we're dealing with it whether we like it or not. And if the (M) is not at Myrtle by the time the (J) pulls into the station then no one will wait for it and lose time...they'll take the (F) at Essex. If the (M) is at one of the stations between Myrtle and Marcy by the time the (J) pulls into Marcy then it's 50-50 if those who want points north of Essex/Delancey will wait for the (M) or (F) at Essex (unless it's a nice day there's no way in hell I'm waiting at Marcy for the (M) to pull in).

Get a grip. You're wrong. Skip-stop service works along the (J) and (Z). However, it didn't work for the (1) or (9) which is why the (9) got axed so if you were arguing about the (1)/(9) situation then I would agree with you wholeheartedly. The (Z) was only going to get axed because of budget concerns but it was saved (thank goodness).

No I'm not .... Skip a Stop does not save any significant amount of time...less than 5 mins AT MOST and that's on a Perfect No Hickup day.....and my suggestion for ax'ing Skip a Stop only comes if the MTA finds a need and funding to restore Nassau service to 4 AV during the Peaks.....That will not happen with the (Mx)...Its GONE PEOPLE IT WILL NOT COME BACK...

That only leaves the (J)/(Z) and if one of these lines is extended to 4 AV to supplement the (R) then Skip a Stop will not work because the (J)/(Z) don't have the same terminals on both ends and will no longer be any amount of a time saver....the MTA will then need to implement the Express track from BJ to Marcy....to make up for the loss of Skip a Stop which will be more of time saver than Skip a Stop ever was or will be....

The (J)/(Z) to 4 Av is much more probable than the MTA creating a whole new line to help the (R)...They can't add more trainsets to (R) because it will cause kaos along Broadway and QB with the (M)(N)(Q)

Dont act like that (J)/(Z) is immune from the MTA tampering, if enough people shout along 4 AV for more service the MTA will listen...people didnt think the (Mx) was even needed along 4 AV because of non-crushloaded trains, now that its gone, people are bitching up a storm because the (R) is getting slammed and they're tired of watching (D)'s and (N)'s fly by on the Express track just to miss the transfer the next express stop....and Trust me they have far more clout with the MTA than Jamaica residents do....when the MTA will just point the Jamaica residents to the (E)...and the people west of BJ who are the majority going downtown will be complemented with less crowded and more frequent (J)/(Z) service because either (Z) will run local from BJ to 4 AV or Express from BJ to Marcy local to 4 AV causing the (J) to dump out at BJ for the faster (Z)...either way everyone gets something...

the (F)(M) is debatable as well...as more people are finding out...Should I wait for the (M) and have better chance of getting a seat at Myrtle or should i go to the (F) where I'm guaranteed to be crushed like a sardine at Essex.....From the looks of the thinner crowds at Essex and the platform at Mytle I would say the (M) is doing just what is suppose to do...

No I'm not .... Skip a Stop does not save any significant amount of time...less than 5 mins AT MOST and that's on a Perfect No Hickup day.....and my suggestion for ax'ing Skip a Stop only comes if the MTA finds a need and funding to restore Nassau service to 4 AV during the Peaks.....That will not happen with the (Mx)...Its GONE PEOPLE IT WILL NOT COME BACK...

That only leaves the (J)/(Z) and if one of these lines is extended to 4 AV to supplement the (R).....Skip a Stop will not work if the (J)/(Z) don't have the same terminals on both ends and will no longer be any amount of a time saver....the MTA will then need to implement the Express track from BJ to Marcy....to make up for the loss of Skip a Stop which will be more of time saver than Skip a Stop ever was or will be....

The (J)/(Z) to 4 Av is much more probable than the MTA creating a whole new line to help the (R)...

Skip-stop works. Just admit that you are wrong.

Agreed. The (Mx) is dead and gone.

That only leaves the (J)/(Z) and if one of these lines is extended to 4 AV to supplement the (R).....Skip a Stop will not work if the (J)/(Z) don't have the same terminals on both ends and will not long be any amount of a time saver....the MTA will then need to implement the Express track from BJ to Marcy....to make up for the loss of Skip a Stop which will be more of time saver than Skip a Stop ever was or will be....

At ~40 seconds per station, that would save 2 and a half minutes, approximately. However, skip-stop is said to save five minutes.

The (J)/(Z) to 4 Av is much more probable than the MTA creating a whole new line to help the (R)...

Whenever the MTA gets more money, they could restore the (W) and send it to Brooklyn.

Agreed. The (Mx) is dead and gone.

At ~40 seconds per station, that would save 2 and a half minutes, approximately. However, skip-stop is said to save five minutes.

Whenever the MTA gets more money, they could restore the (W) and send it to Brooklyn.

The (W) would need far more trainsets than extending the (J) or (Z) that is the simplest solution in the MTA minds....and they would not bring back the (W) just for Rush Hour Put-In along 4 AV which is the only time the (R) needs help and just so happens to be the only time the FRIGGIN (Z) even runs...

You do the math....

I'm willing to do a Paypal bet right here right now....If 4 AV screams loud enough and the MTA is forced to do something about it....you can kiss the (J)/(Z) as we know it today GOOD BYE...One of those line will be extended to help the (R)

Skip-stop works. Just admit that you are wrong.

Just admit it....You're a crybaby so scared of losing his Skip Stop service, your trying to make more relevant that what it is....

If the MTA made an announcement that Skip a Stop was being replaced with Express Service from BJ to Manhattan....No one would lose any sleep looking at all the stops they'd be skipping.....

Hell some of those precious Jamaica Riders you're so in defense of would probably move from the (E) to (J)/(Z) just to try it out. the word Express speaks volumns more than Skip A Stop...

Just admit it....You're a crybaby so scared of losing his Skip Stop service, you making more relevant that what it is....

If the MTA made an announcement that Skip a Stop was being replaced with Express Service from BJ to Manhattan....No one would lose any sleep looking at all the stops they'd be skipping.....

Hell some of those precious Jamaica Riders you're so in defense of would probably move from the (E) to (J)/(Z) just to try it out. the word Express speaks volumns more than Skip A Stop...

Sorry to be blunt. It's you who is "a crybaby".

A crybaby over what...I'm not losing anything..I'm not a fan of Skip A Stop the way LRG is..It hasn't proved to be anything of a timesaver to me...Im stating the obvious and its some of you dont want to realize what could and will happen if 4 AV gets worse.

Just admit it....You're a crybaby so scared of losing his Skip Stop service, your trying to make more relevant that what it is....

Ha. Classic. Well said, NX.

Archived