(M) Train Riders See Silver Lining

Sea Beach

Yes you maybe happy...but if you watched NY1 or Chnl 2 you see 4 AV local rider are starting to b**** because of the longer wait and more crowded ®'s and they have the polictial clout to demand the MTA do something....The MTA is not going to add more ®'s the longest local in the system when only a few stops need the service during the rush....

I'm telling you the first order the MTA is going to make is to restore Nassau service to 4 AV...That's the easiest, simplest, and where the most capacity is available for expanding....Watch and See!

The Fourth Avenue Local does NOT need two lines!!! While I'm with you on the matter that Fourth Avenue Local riders have to wait longer for a train, they really do not need two lines serving that sector. Just increase the frequency of the (R) from six minutes to five. If anything, the (Mx) should have went back to Brighton Beach after the Manhattan Bridge work was done...Brighton residents had no Lower Manhattan connection since the 80s when the (Mx) was bumped to the West End...and may I mind you, the (Mx) went express along Fourth Avenue at the time. The (N) and the (R) ran local instead.

Y2Julio IS a 4 Av rider. I think he would know better than a news agency.:)

Heh, I use the (R) during school season myself...however, Fourth Avenue does need more trains. The solution is not to bring the (Mx) back to Fourth Avenue but run more (R) trains.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Y2Julio IS a 4 Av rider. I think he would know better than a news agency.:)

He's one 4 AV rider...and the news agencies interviewed dozens of everyday non-transit buffs waiting on the platform.."and no offense to Y2Julio who's hated the (Mx) from day one because it caused him to miss express trains" ....sorry but I'm inclined to believe them that the service is worse now.......

The Fourth Avenue Local does NOT need two lines!!! While I'm with you on the matter that Fourth Avenue Local riders have to wait longer for a train, they really do not need two lines serving that sector. Just increase the frequency of the (R) from six minutes to five. If anything, the (Mx) should have went back to Brighton Beach after the Manhattan Bridge work was done...Brighton residents had no Lower Manhattan connection since the 80s when the (Mx) was bumped to the West End...and may I mind you, the (Mx) went express along Fourth Avenue at the time. The (N) and the (R) ran local instead.

Heh, I use the (R) during school season myself...however, Fourth Avenue does need more trains. The solution is not to bring the (Mx) back to Fourth Avenue but run more (R) trains.

If they could run more ®'s without screwing with the (N) and (Q) on Broadway then fine....but I dont think the broadway local can handle the increase with (Q)'s needing to cross to the local track...and I know you guys said to keep more (Q)'s to 57th street only...but then Astoria service becomes effected and they have louder mouths than 4 AV and even heavier political clout....There's no room for more ®'s on B'way without trunctating all (Q)'s to 57th during the Rush...

and please STOP with the Shoulda Coulda Woulda's about the (Mx) its NOT COMING BACK....Ridgewood and Middle Village will see to that....Midtown service is what they always dreamed of!

If they could run more ®'s without screwing with the (N) and (Q) on Broadway then fine....but I dont think the broadway local can handle the increase with (Q)'s needing to cross to the local track...and I know you guys said to keep more (Q)'s to 57th street only...but then Astoria service becomes effected and they have louder mouths than 4 AV and even heavier political clout....There's no room for more ®'s on B'way without trunctating all (Q)'s to 57th during the Rush...

All that's being done to the (R) is adding two trains to the mix during the course of an hour or two during the rush, that's all.

He's one 4 AV rider...and the news agencies interviewed dozens of everyday non-transit buffs waiting on the platform.."and no offense to Y2Julio who's hated the (Mx) from day one because it caused him to miss express trains" ....sorry but I'm inclined to believe them that the service is worse now.......

First of all I'm no transit buff, My opinions are not based on foamage unlike certain users here, they are based on actual personal ridership experiences. I've been riding the (R) for over 10 years to get to school and later on to get to work. I ride the (R) at minimum twice a day, 4 days a week and both of those time is during morning and evening rush hour. The (R) is fine without an (Mx) or any other route for that matter, I generally only wait 5 minutes for a train or 8 minutes tops. The (R) is no more crowded now along the 4th Avenue local than it was before the (Mx) was gone. The 4th Avenue line would be better served by increased (R) service rather than adding another route that will delay the (D), (N) and (R).

All that's being done to the (R) is adding two trains to the mix during the course of an hour or two during the rush, that's all.

Have you seen the Bway local durning the Rush...at 42nd...????...Seriously....It's back to back to back trains (N)(R)(N) then a gap (Q) is crossing (R)(N) (N) another gap for the (Q) then (N)(R) again...i mean exactly like the (E) and (F) on the QB Express theres no ROOM without creating a Conga Line...Theres plenty of room on the Broadway Express but you need to move the (N) back there...then you can run more ®'s or either all (Q)'s to 57th only so theres no crossing and no distruption to the local broadway flow....

First of all I'm no transit buff, My opinions are not based on foamage unlike certain users here, they are based on actual personal ridership experiences. I've been riding the (R) for over 10 years to get to school and later on to get to work. I ride the (R) at minimum twice a day, 4 days a week and both of those time is during morning and evening rush hour. The (R) is fine without an (Mx) or any other route for that matter, I generally only wait 5 minutes for a train or 8 minutes tops. The (R) is no more crowded now along the 4th Avenue local than it was before the (Mx) was gone. The 4th Avenue line would be better served by increased (R) service rather than adding another route that will delay the (D), (N) and (R).

but yet....all the frustrated riders shown on the news kept screaming "I used the (Mx) I used the (Mx) and now i have to wait longer and in more crowded trains" now imagine those same keep screaming the same thing to the MTA and their political leaders....

What's the MTA going to do...either put rush hour Nassau service back on 4 AV or increase ®'s and screw with Astoria and Broadway riders.....I just don't see them adding more ®'s without moving something around on the (N) and (Q)'s and that's not going to sit well with other neighborhoods...

Look I agree that if the (R) had Broadway Local all to itself then yes adding more ®'s would be the simplest solution....but since the MTA scrapped its sacrificial lamb the (W) it has no wiggle room now, the (N) and (Q) cannot be manipulated the way the (W) could since they provide essential services and are not just Supplemental lines....

Have you seen the Bway local durning the Rush...at 42nd...????...Seriously....It's back to back to back trains (N)(R)(N) then a gap (Q) is crossing (R)(N) (N) another gap for the (Q) then (N)(R) again...i mean exactly like the (E) and (F) on the QB Express theres no ROOM without creating a Conga Line...Theres plenty of room on the Broadway Express but you need to move the (N) back there...then you can run more ®'s or either all (Q)'s to 57th only so theres no crossing and no distruption to the local broadway flow....

I actually think the (N) should be thrown back over there. It's not doin any good IMO on the local track especially since it doesn't go via the tunnel. I've said this before in another thread but if they're going to continue putting it over the bridge throw it on the express track and let the (R) run unobstructed.

but yet....all the fustrated riders shown on the news kept screaming "I used the (Mx) I used the (Mx) and now i have to wait longer and in more crowded trains" now imagine those same keep screaming the same thing to the MTA and their policital leaders....

What's the MTA going to do...either put rush hour Nassau service back on 4 AV or increase ®'s and screw with Astoria and Broadway riders.....I just don't see them adding more ®'s without moving something around on the (N) and (Q)'s and that's not going to sit well with other neighborhoods...

When you put people in the spotlight of course they are going to over-dramatize their "position" to make it seem like it's a bigger issue. Look how failfans come to the forums and say the big bad ol' MTA employee did this too me, then slowly the real story comes out and it turns out it was bullshit, the same applies when you stick a camera in someones face. they most likely only wait 2-3 mins more than they did before. People complaining about "crowded" (R) trains but yet I see open seats on 3 seaters because they won't sit in the middle of people. Those people who used to take the (Mx) on 4th Av either now take the (R) or (D). A good percentage of them got off at Pacific or 36th Street and simply rode it as if it was an (R) train.

When you put people on the spotlight of course they are going to over-dramatize their "position" to make it seem like it's a bigger issue, they most likely only wait 2-3 mins more than they did before. People complaining about "crowded" (R) trains but yet I see open seats on 3 seaters because they won't sit in the middle of people.

You mean like LRG and Jamaica Riders Complaining about the thought of losing skip a stop and the (Z)...I would say its effective to get something done....and regardless of its validity...if they keep on screaming and crying about it and NY1 keeps hyping it up...

I'm affraid you may be the next one screaming and crying because Nassau service is back on 4 Av..

Here you go!!! Look at that platform...

http://www.ny1.com/content/121186/commuters-face-first-weekday-dealing-with-mta-service-cuts?ap=1&MP4

You mean like LRG and Jamaica Riders Complaining about the thought of losing skip a stop and the (Z)...I would say its effective to get something done....and regardless of its validity...if they keep on screaming and crying about it and NY1 keeps hyping it up...

I'm affraid you may be the next one screaming and crying because Nassau service is back on 4 Av..

http://www.ny1.com/content/121186/commuters-face-first-weekday-dealing-with-mta-service-cuts?ap=1&MP4

Well tough shit...I'm glad the (Z) train was saved, even if it meant that the (M) had to be rerouted to Sixth Avenue, a move that to this day I'm still against but it's much ado about nothing.

Skip-stop isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Well tough shit...I'm glad the (Z) train was saved, even if it meant that the (M) had to be rerouted to Sixth Avenue, a move that to this day I'm still against but it's much ado about nothing.

Skip-stop isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Say that when (Z) is on 4 AV....OK!

o_O isnt that like from...2 months ago? how's that relevant to things now? I'm pretty sure people have adjusted by now.

Um that station has been a busy station back when the (Mx) still ran there. That's the normal crowding that the station gets and got before, It's not more crowded than before. Nice try though.

Um that station has been a busy station back when the (Mx) still ran there. That's the normal crowding that the station gets and got before, It's not more crowded than before. Nice try though.

Yea but people weren't bitching though to the media...that's a different element....like "I took the (Mx) rider you saw there" its those scenes that are making its way to the MTA.

I don't know about 4 AV....But Ridgewood and Middle Village sure has.....Yea LRG you can forget about the (Mx) ever coming back

http://www.ny1.com/content/123625/m-train-riders-see-silver-lining

...And you can forget about the (J) or (Z) running along Fourth Avenue. Get real! When...er, IF the economy gets better and there's a demand for Nassau Service in South Brooklyn, send special (J) trips out of Broadway Junction to Brighton Beach. The (R) can handle it alone, all it needs is more trains.

and please STOP with the Shoulda Coulda Woulda's about the (Mx) its NOT COMING BACK....Ridgewood and Middle Village will see to that....Midtown service is what they always dreamed of!

Have you seen the Bway local durning the Rush...at 42nd...????...Seriously....It's back to back to back trains (N)(R)(N) then a gap (Q) is crossing (R)(N)(N) another gap for the (Q) then (N)(R) again...i mean exactly like the (E) and (F) on the QB Express theres no ROOM without creating a Conga Line...Theres plenty of room on the Broadway Express but you need to move the (N) back there...then you can run more ®'s or either all (Q)'s to 57th only so theres no crossing and no distruption to the local broadway flow....

The (R) can handle it alone, all it needs is more trains.

More (Q)s need to be cut back to 57 Street to allow the (R) into the 60 St tunnel. And this is good, since Astoria-Ditmars has more trains than it can handle anyway.

...And you can forget about the (J) or (Z) running along Fourth Avenue. Get real! When...er, IF the economy gets better and there's a demand for Nassau Service in South Brooklyn, send special (J) trips out of Broadway Junction to Brighton Beach. The (R) can handle it alone, all it needs is more trains.

:Sighs: :Rollseyes:.....You say the (J) will never be on 4 AV but then you tell the MTA to create a special (J)..........OK that's logical...so we'll have 2 (J) now...sure nobody will be confused....

More (Q)s need to be cut back to 57 Street to allow the (R) into the 60 St tunnel. And this is good, since Astoria-Ditmars has more trains than it can handle anyway.

You say that because you dont live along the (N)(Q) in Astoria....its not about the Back up in turning trains its about Service Demands....and Service in Astoria demands another Train with (N)....The (N) cannot handle Astoria alone...and the Outrage will be Hell on earth for the MTA....You seen the kaos over cancelling the (W) right....and I mean that neighborhood sang loud as hell..they made sure the MTA heard them.

You say that because you dont live along the (N)(Q) in Astoria....its not about the Back up in turning trains its about Service Demands....and Service in Astoria demands another Train with (N)....The (N) cannot handle Astoria alone...and the Outrage will be Hell on earth for the MTA....You seen the kaos over cancelling the (W) right....and I mean that neighborhood sang loud as hell..they made sure the MTA heard them.

Astoria did not have a problem with the (N)(W) there. Now they have more service. It is not needed. :tup:

IMO, this thread is going in circles already. It could use a lock.

Astoria did not have a problem with the (N)(W) there. Now they have more service. It is not needed. :tup:

No, this thread is fine. If people don't know how to converse like adults then they shouldn't take part. Let the thread stay open.

:Sighs: :Rollseyes:.....You say the (J) will never be on 4 AV but then you tell the MTA to create a special (J)..........OK that's logical...so we'll have 2 (J) now...sure nobody will be confused....

There is no need for two services that access Lower Manhattan along Fourth Avenue!!! It'd be best if the (J) went along the Brighton instead, those residents have no direct Lower Manhattan service at all; they have to transfer to the (R) at DeKalb. And ftr, There have been Special (J)s in the past on weekends when the (4) was out in Brooklyn...people weren't as confused as you think.

But now they have the (Q) if you remove any level of service the commuity will sing like birds...and its the same amount of (Q)'s and it was (W), also as has been mention some (Q)'s are already being turned short at 57th....The (N)(W) still had back ups waiting to turn trains durning the Rush....its the same thing.....

You cannot have a gap in Service along the (N) and (Q) during the rush....Astoria ridership shows it and will demand it.

There is no need for two services that access Lower Manhattan along Fourth Avenue!!! It'd be best if the (J) went along the Brighton instead, those residents have no direct Lower Manhattan service at all; they have to transfer to the (R) at DeKalb. And ftr, There have been Special (J)s in the past on weekends when the (4) was out in Brooklyn...people weren't as confused as you think.

That the weekend not the weekday rush hour, and sure people are probably damn confused...I bet everytime that Special (J) pulled into Chambers Street the Crews has to run thru the train every time telling dozens of people to exit...I bet the conductor gets no breaks at each stop of people running up asking loads of questions...Now you take that and multiply it by 10 that will be the Rush Hour....

Brighton does not warrant direct lower manhattan service the transfer was sufficent enough with the (R) and (Mx) they might be complaining now having to deal with just the (R).....

Anyway with the "special (J)" as you call it, how is it going to run on the EL...I take it on the Express because the local would screw with your precious Skip A Stop...but then were's the demand for Skip-A-Stop when everyone on the (J)/(Z) east of BJ is going to transfer to the "Special (J)" at BJ for the Express Ride...then you will have empty (J)/(Z) trains west of BJ with tons of capacity because their still doing Skip A Stop....

and with the MTA cash strapped their not going for empty trains running around..

Think about what you're proposing.....Plus the (J)/(Z), Special (J) and the (M)is going to create a clusterf**k at Marcy all trying to merge to get over the bridge....again making Skip A Stop USELESS!

Archived