Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three NFL players have made national headlines for not too pleasent news. First off, what a horrible week for Reggie Bush. First the current Saints RB had to vacate his 2005 Heisman Trophy from his scandal ridden old college. Now he out at least 4-6 weeks with a broken leg.

Talk about a horrible week for a NFL star like Mr. Bush. :eek:

Also this morning (9/21/10)the Jets Braylon Edwards, was busted in Manhattan and accused of DUI by the NYPD. If the charges are real, when will these idiots whether it's movies stars or sports players, try to drink and drive when they can afford a limo or taxi service to take them home?

And in a serious matter, a shocker in the NFL. The Broncos WR Kenny McKinley was found dead in his suburban Denver home Monday. Local police says Mckinley's death was an apparent suicide.

Rumors has it, this 23-year old was bitter over the head and other injuries he has been having. How sad that a kid only 23 years old ended his life.

In a shocker, the Eagles on a very busy NFL headline day have announced that Micheal Vick will be the starting QB for rest of the season. Vick is making a remarkable comeback from i think the whole planet knows his legal issues that nearly destroyed his career.:eek:

Three NFL players have made national headlines for not too pleasent news. First off, what a horrible week for Reggie Bush. First the current Saints RB had to vacate his 2005 Heisman Trophy from his scandal ridden old college. Now he out at least 4-6 weeks with a broken leg.

Talk about a horrible week for a NFL star like Mr. Bush. :eek:

Also this morning (9/21/10)the Jets Braylon Edwards, was busted in Manhattan and accused of DUI by the NYPD. If the charges are real, when will these idiots whether it's movies stars or sports players, try to drink and drive when they can afford a limo or taxi service to take them home?

And in a serious matter, a shocker in the NFL. The Broncos WR Kenny McKinley was found dead in his suburban Denver home Monday. Local police says Mckinley's death was an apparent suicide.

Rumors has it, this 23-year old was bitter over the head and other injuries he has been having. How sad that a kid only 23 years old ended his life.

Also this morning (9/21/10)the Jets Braylon Edwards, was busted in Manhattan and accused of DUI by the NYPD. If the charges are real, when will these idiots whether it's movies stars or sports players, try to drink and drive when they can afford a limo or taxi service to take them home? .

I know in court your are innocent until proven gulity but wtf is Edwards playing this week vs. the Dolphins? IMO Edwards violated the NFL 'players conduct act' and should have been fined and suspened at least 1 game.

In a shocker, the Eagles on a very busy NFL headline day have announced that Micheal Vick will be the starting QB for rest of the season. Vick is making a remarkable comeback from i think the whole planet knows his legal issues that nearly destroyed his career.:eek:

Wasn't really a shocker to me. More like inevitable.

Wasn't really a shocker to me. More like inevitable.

Hey Stallworth killed someone and yet did not get a lifetime ban from the NFL. Proves that Godell and the NFL Owners unless they get media backlash IMO looks the other way on DWI/DUI accused players. Probably since 50-60%of the TV commericals on NFL games are beer/wine ads.

'Gang green' trying to be the new "90's Cowboys' and '70's/'80's filled with guys with legal troubles.

This afternoon I went to a local High School football game between Franklin K. Lane, and Far Rockaway. It was Lane's home opener against them in there new field that was completed this summer, and they last. Is there anyone who wants to share there story of a local game that they attended?

Michael Vick should have been the game 1 starter for the Eaglets....

Andy Reid & company tried to spin it like Kolb was this class act, grade A, all pro QB, that they couldn't wait to put on the field this season.... and Vick was this washed up QB that didn't have, what made him a superstar in past years, anymore.... boy, was Reid wrong - talk about putting your foot in your mouth...

IMO, all that was, was a way for the Eagles organization to make themselves feel less guilty in having gotten rid of McNabb... The result of their guilt shifting was having Vick (who, where it wasn't like he was NEVER an unproven starter) riding the bench, for a QB that's been a benchwarmer the whole time....

I don't think it had anything to do w/ Vick's troubled past as to why they didn't want to start him... I understand a franchise wants to experiment with who they drafted; but don't overexaggerate & lie about how good your "experiment" is, before he's even been proven in the league... that's my whole thing with Kolb....

Michael Vick should have been the game 1 starter for the Eaglets....

Andy Reid & company tried to spin it like Kolb was this class act, grade A, all pro QB, that they couldn't wait to put on the field this season.... and Vick was this washed up QB that didn't have, what made him a superstar in past years, anymore.... boy, was Reid wrong - talk about putting your foot in your mouth...

IMO, all that was, was a way for the Eagles organization to make themselves feel less guilty in having gotten rid of McNabb... The result of their guilt shifting was having Vick (who, where it wasn't like he was NEVER an unproven starter) riding the bench, for a QB that's been a benchwarmer the whole time....

I don't think it had anything to do w/ Vick's troubled past as to why they didn't want to start him... I understand a franchise wants to experiment with who they drafted; but don't overexaggerate & lie about how good your "experiment" is, before he's even been proven in the league... that's my whole thing with Kolb....

Agreed 100% Bro. While I am not a fan of Vick myself personally, being fair, Reid should have just had a open competation in training camp between Kolb and Vick. This situation in sports-crazed Philly was the lead news story on local papers and TV news not just the sports section. Even the Phillies 10-game winning streak hardly got any mention.:confused:

They're done; shit, they've never started.

again I say, the Giants have no identity.... hard team to watch week in & week out...

I don't blame this team's downfall on Eli at all...

Look at their offense... they're not run oriented or pass oriented....

- Jacobs is afraid to run b/w the tackles now (imagine a 260lb running back trying to do jukes & spins while running east/west instead of north/south...)... his numbers are down, he aint happy that he's not the starting RB anymore (comes across as if he's so supportive of Bradshaw)... tossing his helmet into the stands (lying, saying that it bounced off the turf and went TEN rows into the stands... ok).... and HE's the one that says HE wants out?? If I'm in Giants management, I'd roll out the red carpet & show his disgruntled ass out the door...

- Since Plax' now is doin time in prison, they don't have a #1 caliber reciever... Smith, Nicks, & Manningham are all number 3's at BEST.... There's not another team in the league that would have Smith as their #1.... Boss is about the only bright spot in their passing attack (outside of Eli, that is)... Their recievers (Boss included) are plagued & are notorious for dropping passes.... how do you build a consistent passing game off on that?

- Their D-line has dropped off as well (this was the only piece of identity they had left; their talented D line this & that).... their CB's have been subpar for the longest... their LB's just, exist....

this team is in shambles... they say Buffalo (on paper) is the worst team in football... Well if that's the case, the Giants aren't far behind.... I'm basing this on what I've seen out of last year's squad, and this year's squad as well....

Even super bowl wining coaches like Tom Coughlin, Mike Shanahan and few years back Jon Gruden in this cut throat NFL era, could have be in troubles w/ their jobs. Or even fired.B):eek:

If the trend continues, I think Coughlin is gone. And I think GM Resse should also get some heat. I think it's time for the Giants if things stay same this season, to rebulid around Eli. The 'window' with this core of players that won the 2007-08 Super Bowl is about over.

They're done; shit, they've never started.

again I say, the Giants have no identity.... hard team to watch week in & week out...

I don't blame this team's downfall on Eli at all...

Look at their offense... they're not run oriented or pass oriented....

- Jacobs is afraid to run b/w the tackles now (imagine a 260lb running back trying to do jukes & spins while running east/west instead of north/south...)... his numbers are down, he aint happy that he's not the starting RB anymore (comes across as if he's so supportive of Bradshaw)... tossing his helmet into the stands (lying, saying that it bounced off the turf and went TEN rows into the stands... ok).... and HE's the one that says HE wants out?? If I'm in Giants management, I'd roll out the red carpet & show his disgruntled ass out the door...

- Since Plax' now is doin time in prison, they don't have a #1 caliber reciever... Smith, Nicks, & Manningham are all number 3's at BEST.... There's not another team in the league that would have Smith as their #1.... Boss is about the only bright spot in their passing attack (outside of Eli, that is)... Their recievers (Boss included) are plagued & are notorious for dropping passes.... how do you build a consistent passing game off on that?

- Their D-line has dropped off as well (this was the only piece of identity they had left; their talented D line this & that).... their CB's have been subpar for the longest... their LB's just, exist....

this team is in shambles... they say Buffalo (on paper) is the worst team in football... Well if that's the case, the Giants aren't far behind.... I'm basing this on what I've seen out of last year's squad, and this year's squad as well....

My surprises through week 3 (MNF notwithstanding):

Chiefs

Steelers

Seahawks

Disappointments:

Giants

49ers

Chargers

Eric it's still early. I would not call the Steelers a 'surprise' they just won the super bowl(the end of 2008) 2 seasons ago. The Chiefs being 2-0 is a very big surprise. Another surprise good start IMO is the Texans.

On disappointment side, I say you should add the Cowboys to this list.

NFL Hall of Famer George Blanda has died. Blanda best known for being the oldest man offically to ever play in NFL game at age 48, was the Quaterback for the old Houston Oilers and later the Oakland Raiders had a stellar career that ended in 1976 and a super bowl win.

Later in his career, Blanda was also the Raiders Back Up QB and Field Goal Kicker, in an era where players would normally played 2 or more different positions. Here story.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/hall-of-fame-raiders-legend-george-blanda-dies-at-83/1?csp=obnetwork

RIP Mr. Blanda.

He's back. Former Eagles star QB Dovovan McNabb returns to Philly as he leads the Redskins vs. the Birds. The hype for this early regular season game is maybe unmatched in Eagles history. Tickets which are already sold out are selling online for playoff type prices of at least $500 and up.

Plus in NFL crazed Philly, local news outlets are having special coverage as well.

Another proof that the NFL will always be 'king' in that region despite fact, Phillies are making their 4 straight playoff berth.:eek:

Is this Vick vs. McNabb match-up overhyped?

He's back. Former Eagles star QB Dovovan McNabb returns to Philly as he leads the Redskins vs. the Birds. The hype for this early regular season game is maybe unmatched in Eagles history. Tickets which are already sold out are selling online for playoff type prices of at least $500 and up.

Plus in NFL crazed Philly, local news outlets are having special coverage as well.

Another proof that the NFL will always be 'king' in that region despite fact, Phillies are making their 4 straight playoff berth.:eek:

Can't wait to see this game later this afternoon.

PS Does anyone know if Fox/Ch.5 in NYC is showing this Philly-Redskin game since the Giants are playing the Bears on Sunday Night Football?:confused:

Any, and everything with Vick is overhyped at this point!!

Can't wait to see this game later this afternoon.

PS Does anyone know if Fox/Ch.5 in NYC is showing this Philly-Redskin game since the Giants are playing the Bears on Sunday Night Football?:confused:

Yes, Redskins-Eagles is airing on WNYW. http://www.the506.com/nflmaps

This site is your friend during football season if you want to know what is airing.

Yes, Redskins-Eagles is airing on WNYW. http://www.the506.com/nflmaps

This site is your friend during football season if you want to know what is airing.

Thanks buddy. Since I live about 60 miles from the Meadowlands, I also get all of the Albany network affilates except NBC as well i.e ABC, CBS, Fox and PBS.

For some reason though, the CBS/Fox Albany stations show Buffalo Bills games though when the Jets or Giants are now playing and they stink right now.

Archived