Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1 Alabama gettin that ass handed to them by South carolina... 21-3 right now...

they have absolutely no answer for that tall receiver that the gamecocks got...

-------------

edit:

Alabama got that ass handed to them by SC. 35-21...

so much for the McElroy/(peyton) Manning comparisons.... guy just kept taking hits/sacks, trying to force the issue....

he hasn't lost since middle school, or somethin like that (McElroy, I'm talking about)... heh, so much for that...

I'll never understand why, when two teams (college or pro) have two good running backs, resort to the pass in the first few drives of a game... they went away from ingram & richardson (I think his name is)... never got into any real rhythm on offense... they had chances to come back early in the 3rd & early in the 4th quarter... too many empty possesions on long drives; that'll kill ya every time.... ah well...

ohio state will jump to number #1 as a result...

#1 Alabama gettin that ass handed to them by South carolina... 21-3 right now...

they have absolutely no answer for that tall receiver that the gamecocks got...

-------------

edit:

Alabama got that ass handed to them by SC. 35-21...

so much for the McElroy/(peyton) Manning comparisons.... guy just kept taking hits/sacks, trying to force the issue....

he hasn't lost since middle school, or somethin like that (McElroy, I'm talking about)... heh, so much for that...

I'll never understand why, when two teams (college or pro) have two good running backs, resort to the pass in the first few drives of a game... they went away from ingram & richardson (I think his name is)... never got into any real rhythm on offense... they had chances to come back early in the 3rd & early in the 4th quarter... too many empty possesions on long drives; that'll kill ya every time.... ah well...

ohio state will jump to number #1 as a result...

Besides and the bowls/towns not wanting to lose revenue, another reason there not a college football playoff IMO is 'parity.'

There a reason it's rare for a so called defending college football champion from previous year to repeat. It's very hard especially when their rivals put 2x as much effort and thus they usually don't repeat. This current division I polling system makes it hard to win back-back titles.

Great game by Eli. The Football Giants beat the Houston Texans(i can't stand that nickname)34-10 Sunday with the star of the game being Eli Manning. Eli in maybe his best game performence since the championship run in great games vs. the Packers and Pats (Super Bowl MVP)few years back.

So big blue all of sudden looks good early in season in the NFC playoff race.

Don't look now but the Cowboys and 49ers both of whom were picked by many to make the playoffs are now in life support just to make the post season.

Cowboys lose to the Titans to go to 1-4. Meanwhile the 49ers lose to the Eagles in Sunday Night Football. Both Dallas and SF are in last places in their divisions with both coaches in danger of losing their jobs.

And to top it off, both the Packers and Saints were losers in upsets to the Redskins and Cards respecively.

This strange weekend ends with the Bret Favre/Randy Moss Packers playing the Jets.

I am sure most packer fans in 2004 would love that combo of Favre/Moss. Of course i meant the Jets/Vikings tonight in the return of Mr. Moss to the purple team.

The Jets are going to win BIG tonight baby, how many INT's

tonight for Favre? they can't run on every single play. 43 points in 3 games for the Vikings, yes their defense is good, but the Jets as a whole are the better team. They haven't beaten the Jets since 1975...and the streak will continue after tonight's game. J E T S JETS! JETS! JETS!

The Jets are going to win BIG tonight baby, how many INT's

tonight for Favre? they can't run on every single play. 43 points in 3 games for the Vikings, yes their defense is good, but the Jets as a whole are the better team. They haven't beaten the Jets since 1975...and the streak will continue after tonight's game. J E T S JETS! JETS! JETS!

The Jets/Vikings since they are in different conferences don't play each other every day. It's more like every 3-4 years.

My top 10 power rankings after week 5:

1. Ravens (4-1)

2. Jets (4-1)

3. Falcons (4-1)

4. Steelers (3-1)

5. Patriots (3-1)

6. Bears (4-1)

7. Colts (3-2)

8. Packers (3-2)

9. Chiefs (3-1)

10. Redskins (3-2)

(J)-(E)-(T)-(S) JETS JETS JETS!

My top 10 power rankings after week 5:

1. Ravens (4-1)

2. Jets (4-1)

3. Falcons (4-1)

4. Steelers (3-1)

5. Patriots (3-1)

6. Bears (4-1)

7. Colts (3-2)

8. Packers (3-2)

9. Chiefs (3-1)

10. Redskins (3-2)

(J)-(E)-(T)-(S) JETS JETS JETS!

The NFC is a very weak divison right now. I think only disagree that the Steelers should be #3 and the Colts #5.

Other than that, this is pretty much list is on target.

In a good weekend for the local NFL clubs, both of them won their games.

Giants beat the improving Lions while the Jets beat Denver in Colorado and maintain their lead in AFC East.

Big news is that the Steelers win again today in "Big Ben's' return while the Cowboys season is now almost over and the job of Coach Wade Phillips.

Favre and Vikings beat Dallas to get off the mat.

Reactions to this week in NFL?

How about the fact that no NFC team has fewer than two losses after Week 6?

The AFC looks impressively dominant when compared to the NFC this year.

Here are my picks for biggest disappointment and surprises.

Surprise

Chiefs

Disappointment

Cowboys

Honorable mention: Chargers

In this wide open NFC, it's so wide open at moment it's hard to pick. At moment if Favre and Moss stay healthy, the Vikings might be the best team in that conference.

In AFC the '5' best teams (all of them better at moment than the NFC best IMO)in no order are the Ravens(they gotten no media attention)Jets, Pats, Steelers and Colts.

Post Week 6 business:

Power Rankings top 10:

1. Jets (5-1)

2. Steelers (4-1)

3. Patriots (4-1)

4. Ravens (4-2)

5. Titans (4-2)

6. Giants (4-2)

7. Falcons (4-2)

8. Texans (4-2)

9. Colts (4-2)

10. Saints (4-2)

MVP Top 5, in no order

Arian Foster, RB, HOU

LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, NYJ

Peyton Manning, QB, IND

Brandon Lloyd, WR, DEN

Chris Johnson, RB, TEN

Coach of the Year Top 3, in no order

Rex Ryan, NYJ

Steve Spagnuolo, StL

Mike Smith, ATL

Go Jets! Yay! A 5-1 start. :P And the Football New York Giants have started 4-2 to lead the N.F.C. East.

My surprises:

*Cowboys (1-4 start)

*49ers (1-5 start)

*Panthers (0-5 start)

*Rams (3-3 start)

*Chiefs (3-2 start)

*Texans (4-2 start)

With the Jets off this past weekend with their 'bye' week, the Giants play the Cowboys in Arlington in Monday Night Football. Big Blue has chance to bury Dallas for the season and pretty much cost Wade Phillips his job as Cowboys Coach.

Yesterday not alot of great games but the end of the Steelers/Fish game in Miami ended with a controversial call. Pitt QB "Big Ben" looked on replays to fumble a TD rushing attempt but the refs blew he scored a game winning TD after the fumble.

NFL refs as a whole are even worse than MLB Umpires and maybe tare he worst pro officals on the planet.

Gang Green lose their second game of the season 9 to 0 to Green Bay to fall to 5-2.

At New Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, the Cowboys lose to the Jaguars 35 to 17. The Cowboys start 1-6 and 0-4 at New Cowboys Stadium.

Not to mention the NFL oldest "diva" Bret Favre was taken out of the game last night(10/31/10) in a possible concession in which the Vikings lost to the Packers.

If Favre is gone for any length of time, the Vikings season like the Cowboys is pretty much a wrap.

Bret it's over man, we see ya in the NFL Hall of Fame in 2015, please go home.:D

While the NFL is having record TV viewership(highest ratings since the early 1970's in the pre cable era) there are some trouble spots with stadiums.

There are a couple of teams in paricuarly the raiders and bucs who are having their best season so far in a few years. yet they both not selling out their games. Also the Chargers, Jaguars, Bengals, Lions and Rams have at least 1 home game 'blacked out' due to not selling it.

This is something so underreported by the NFL TV partners, ESPN, Fox, NBC and CBS.

As i stated before the Jags should leave Jacksonville, Fla.(too close to both Atlanta and Tampa)and even the Raiders as well. Here story.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2010/11/01/raiders-rookie-urges-fans-to-end-home-game-blackouts/

Alabama lost again...

Texas stinks...

Oregon's unstoppable....

and as for the NFL:

- jets are overrated; took them OT to beat the Lions...

- Favre shuts up the critics by having a career game, throwing for 446 yards... Childress' job still aint safe... still took the vikings OT to beat the cardinals...

- knowing that the Giants D-line's been layin out QB's left & right this season, Matt Hasselbeck got scared & all of a sudden, got a concussion somehow during a bye week... despite that, Giants still killin the seahawks 28-0, 2nd qtr

Regardless of the fact that Buffalo is still winless...

The Cowboys have got to be the worst team in the league right now... they look absolutely clueless out there tonight....

only reason I'm still watching this sunday night game is b/c I can't stand the cowboys... and I love to watch a good blowout every now & then

that's what you call 2 for the price of 1 B)

Archived