Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

It's been a bit of a nailbiter season, but Gang Green is off to a 9-2 start and remains tied with the Patriots (also 9-2) atop the AFC East and for the best record in the NFL. The next best are the Falcons (8-2) and the Bears (8-3).

Surprises:

Kansas City: The Chiefs are 6-4 and lead the AFC West

Oakland: The Raiders are second at 5-5 in a surprisingly upside down AFC West

Jacksonville: The Jaguars are tied with the Colts for the AFC South lead with 6-4

Saint Louis: Under .500 but an improvement at 4-6 and in a weak NFC West are a game behind the Seahawks

Disappointments:

Dallas: The Cowboys moved from Irving to a new stadium in Arlington in 2009 and their fans have a 3-8 after last season's 11-5 team christened it.

Minnesota: The Vikings have gone from a 12-4 NFC North Pennant season to a 3-7 start this season

San Diego: The Chargers have started 5-5 this season

Arizona: After a 8-8, 9-7 (with surprise trip to the Super Bowl) and a 10-6, glory days have returned to Glendale with the Cardinals' 3-7 start.

The Chargers usually wake up at this point of the season.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Jets are a deceptive 9-2. They had a soft schedule and they're struggling to beat weak teams. The Jets can't hang with the Pats, Steelers, or Ravens.

FG the Jets will make the playoffs but it remains to be seen in wild 2010/11 regular season so far if they can make the super bowl. In almost 'must win' game in game #2 of season series, if they beat the Pats next Monday Night, they have excellent chance of getting the #1 or #2 seed in AFC playoffs and home field advantage.

The AFC South took a bit of a hit in yesterday's games:

• Peyton Manning had four (4) interceptions vs. the Chargers as the Colts fell 36-14;

• After two (2) losses, the Football Giants get back on track with a 24-20 win over the Jaguars;

• In a division matchup, the Texans shut out the Titans 20-0

The AFC South this morning:

Indianapolis 6-5

Jacksonville 6-5

Houston 5-6

Tennessee 5-6

Earlier, I had listed the Chargers a disappointment (they were 5-5), and I apologize. Their 36-14 win over the Colts was their fourth consecutive after their 2-5 start and they are now second in the AFC West at 6-5, a game behind the Chiefs (7-4) and a game ahead of the Raiders (5-6).

Missouri has a little something to cheer about after three (3) bad football years. After combining to go 16 and 80, the Chiefs are 7-4 and lead the AFC West after their 42-24 win over the Seahawks and the Rams, though still under .500, are improved at 5-6. Their 36-33 win over the Broncos puts the Rams in a share of the (bad) NFC West lead with the Seahawks (also 5-6).

Monday Night Football this week features the 49'ers (3-7; 0-4 on the road) at the Cardinals (3-7; 2-2 at home).

The AFC South took a bit of a hit in yesterday's games:

• Peyton Manning had four (4) interceptions vs. the Chargers as the Colts fell 36-14;

• After two (2) losses, the Football Giants get back on track with a 24-20 win over the Jaguars;

• In a division matchup, the Texans shut out the Titans 20-0

The AFC South this morning:

Indianapolis 6-5

Jacksonville 6-5

Houston 5-6

Tennessee 5-6

Earlier, I had listed the Chargers a disappointment (they were 5-5), and I apologize. Their 36-14 win over the Colts was their fourth consecutive after their 2-5 start and they are now second in the AFC West at 6-5, a game behind the Chiefs (7-4) and a game ahead of the Raiders (5-6).

Missouri has a little something to cheer about after three (3) bad football years. After combining to go 16 and 80, the Chiefs are 7-4 and lead the AFC West after their 42-24 win over the Seahawks and the Rams, though still under .500, are improved at 5-6. Their 36-33 win over the Broncos puts the Rams in a share of the (bad) NFC West lead with the Seahawks (also 5-6).

Monday Night Football this week features the 49'ers (3-7; 0-4 on the road) at the Cardinals (3-7; 2-2 at home).

It's still early but I give still the Colts and Mr. Manning the slight edge to win that AFC South. With that probably the #4 seed and a quick 1st round exit.

While the NFC "worst' looks like either the Seahawks or Rams will give that spot with a 8-8 or 7-9 record.

49ers and Cards play tonight in MNF. A question for our NFL commenantors on here? There is a very good chance that enterning this year's playoffs, that a team may make the super bowl tournment(2010 NFL Playoffs)with under a .500 record. They are the NFC West winners.

Should the NFL change the rules in which no team even a divison winner ever makes the playoffs without at least being .500 aka 8-8?:confused:

49ers and Cards play tonight in MNF. A question for our NFL commenantors on here? There is a very good chance that enterning this year's playoffs, that a team may make the super bowl tournment(2010 NFL Playoffs)with under a .500 record. They are the NFC West winners.

Should the NFL change the rules in which no team even a divison winner ever makes the playoffs without at least being .500 aka 8-8?:confused:

It never happen because the NFL wants every part of the country in the playoffs but I would support it. I do think everyone must have at least a .500 record (8-8)to qualify.

EE Local, B35, Forest Glen, ENY, Patcoman, etc. I am sure has something to say.:eek:

Big game tonight: the 9-2 Jets at the 9-2 Patriots. An interesting note on this Monday Night game: Gang Green is 5-0 on the road; the Patriots are 5-0 at Foxborough Stadium.

In overtime, the Cowboys stun Peyton Manning and the Colts 38-35 while in a division game the Jaguars defeat the Titans 17-6.

As of Monday, the AFC South is:

• Jacksonville 7-5

• Indianapolis 6-6

• Houston 5-7

• Tennessee 5-7

The Chiefs clinch a .500 season, and maintain their AFC West lead with a 10-6 win over the Broncos. The Chiefs are 8-4, and 6-0 at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chargers see their win streak snapped with a 28-13 loss to the Raiders. The Chargers fall to 6-6 and a tie with the Raiders (6-6).

The Rams reach .500! With their 19-6 win over the Cardinals, the Rams improve to 6-6, and 4-2 at the TWA Dome. The Seahawks beat the Panthers 31-14 to also reach .500 at 6-6 and a share of the bad NFC West.

Hard to say how it may finish this season. The Rams play at the Saints, host the Chiefs, host the 49'ers; The Seahaws play at the 49'ers. host the Falcons, play at the Buccaneers. Then in week 16, the Seahaws host the Rams.

The Jaguars host the Raiders, play at the Colts. host the Redskins, and play at the Texans. The Colts play at the Titans, host the Jaguars, play at the Raiders, and host the Titans.

In addition to the AFC East where Gang Green is fighting it out with the Patriots, the NFC East features a fight between the Football Giants and the Eagles, both of whom are 8-4. The Football Giants handled the Redskins 31-7 while the Eagles scored 14 fourth quarter points to beat the Texans 34-14.

The Football Giants play at the Vikings, host the Eagles, play at the Packers, and play at the Redskins. The Eagles play at the Cowboys, play at the Football Giants, and host the Cowboys.

By the way, Gang Green hosts the Dolphins, plays at the Steelers, plays at the Bears and hosts the Bills. The Patriots play at the Bears, host Green Bay, play at the Bills, and host the Dolphins.

Big game tonight: the 9-2 Jets at the 9-2 Patriots. An interesting note on this Monday Night game: Gang Green is 5-0 on the road; the Patriots are 5-0 at Foxborough Stadium..

Slight correction EE. The "new" Foxborough Stadium opened for the 2004 season (If I remember correct)was renamed Gillete Stadium (after the men's products/razor company)about 5 years ago.

The Football Giants play at the Vikings, host the Eagles, play at the Packers, and play at the Redskins. The Eagles play at the Cowboys, play at the Football Giants, host the Vikings, and host the Cowboys.

By the way, Gang Green hosts the Dolphins, plays at the Steelers, plays at the Bears and hosts the Bills. The Patriots play at the Bears, host Green Bay, play at the Bills, and host the Dolphins.

fixed

Thank you. It was a horrible Monday Night Game. I think I'm a little better now and will try to sleep a little. 45-3 Patriots.

EE Barring a huge collapse the Jets will return to the playoffs. However being honest, the loss last night (12/16/10)to Pats really hurt their chances of returning at least to the AFC Title game and getting a 1st round bye.

Can't wait to see Rex Ryan reply to this butt kicking on 'national prime time' tv.:eek:

The Jets played a real team...and they bent over. So much for being "Super Bowl Contenders"

Serves them right.

The reason I can't stand the Jets as of late is b/c of Rex Ryan.... fat tub o' lard always off runnin at the mouth... you don't give no team (especially w/ as hot as the Patriots are right now) bulletin board material....

I never saw them as super bowl contenders this season... Sanchez is RIDICULOUSLY overrated... I don't see where he's that good... I'm not even factoring in monday's embarrassment either...

sad part is, their ground game IS on point....

their passing attack however (with the talent they DO have at the WR position), doesn't scare you... that tells you a lot about who's under center....

Serves them right.

The reason I can't stand the Jets as of late is b/c of Rex Ryan.... fat tub o' lard always off runnin at the mouth... you don't give no team (especially w/ as hot as the Patriots are right now) bulletin board material....

I never saw them as super bowl contenders this season... Sanchez is RIDICULOUSLY overrated... I don't see where he's that good... I'm not even factoring in monday's embarrassment either...

sad part is, their ground game IS on point....

their passing attack however (with the talent they DO have at the WR position), doesn't scare you... that tells you a lot about who's under center....

Buddy Ryan's 'fat slob' son(Yes i did mean to say that LOL) needs to shut up and try to get the Jets to post season. I sometimes think Ryan is trying to get a NFL analyst job on ESPN, Fox, or CBS LOL.

Intresting weekend of games as the 2010 NFL regular season enters the final few weeks. Jets play the Fish while the Giants face the fading Vikings on Sunday.

I do have a pet peeve. Why are the Cowboys still being shown on the NBC Sunday Night prime time game vs. the Eagles? The Cowboys are long out of the picture. No doubt it's a ratings issue but on other hand, NBC Sunday Nite NFL games are getting great ratings and is the #2 rated show in America for Fall 2010 after only "Dancing with the Stars."

We shall see.

Intresting weekend of games as the 2010 NFL regular season enters the final few weeks. Jets play the Fish while the Giants face the fading Vikings on Sunday.

I do have a pet peeve. Why are the Cowboys still being shown on the NBC Sunday Night prime time game vs. the Eagles? The Cowboys are long out of the picture. No doubt it's a ratings issue but on other hand, NBC Sunday Nite NFL games are getting great ratings and is the #2 rated show in America for Fall 2010 after only "Dancing with the Stars."

We shall see.

Why are the Colts still being televised as much as they are on the east coast; it's been 5 out of the past 7 weeks now... yeah, I understand the Peyton factor, but they flat out stink now.... they're sub-average... they're done for this year w/ those injuries they have....

...but I do hear you about the cowboys though.

Why are the Colts still being televised as much as they are on the east coast; it's been 5 out of the past 7 weeks now... yeah, I understand the Peyton factor, but they flat out stink now.... they're sub-average... they're done for this year w/ those injuries they have....

...but I do hear you about the cowboys though.

At least the Colts with Peyton team being bad (so is rest of that crappy AFC South)the Colts will likely still win that division and lose in the 1st round of the AFC playoffs.

Sorry to ask this again but no one gave a reply. I was watching ESPN's "PTI' and Co-Host Micheal Wilbon suggested that no team even a division winner should ever make the NFL Playoffs without at least being .500 aka 8-8 record.

So B35, Forest Glen, Locomotion, EE Local, R68, Patcoman, etc. Should say the Rams win the NFC "weak' aka west at 7-9 lose their playoff spot?:confused:

To the Cowboys defense, they have some resurgence under Jason Garrett.

IMO, if a team is a "division champion" even with a 7-9 record, then they should make the playoffs and get a home game even if it is a weak division. That would guarantee that at least 1 team from each division makes the playoffs.

At least the Colts with Peyton team being bad (so is rest of that crappy AFC South) the Colts will likely still win that division and lose in the 1st round of the AFC playoffs.

I don't agree w/ that part of the statement...

I think the Jaguars will win that division... with a 8-8 record, most likely...

if the Colts & the Jags both finish 8-8, Peyton aint playoff bound... Jacksonville's got the tiebreaker.

you can thank this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEf4H8NozXg

Sorry to ask this again but no one gave a reply. I was watching ESPN's "PTI' and Co-Host Micheal Wilbon suggested that no team even a division winner should ever make the NFL Playoffs without at least being .500 aka 8-8 record

So B35, Forest Glen, Locomotion, EE Local, R68, Patcoman, etc. Should say the Rams win the NFC "weak' aka west at 7-9 lose their playoff spot?:confused:

No, they shouldn't lose a playoff spot....

given your example (which I think may end up actually happening), it's not the Rams fault that the rest of that division sucked worse than they did throughout a 16 game season....

I think the Rams have the biggest upside (which isn't saying much) in the NFC west... the Cardinals are dead in the water, period... the Seahawks don't have much of an identity (which would explain the way they basically keep flip-flopping w/ wins & losses)... and the 49ers can't close out games to save their life....

You can't control how bad other teams play, when they're not facing you.

You can only control how you play on a week-in week-out basis.

The Giants/Vikings has been moved to Ford Field in Motown (Lions home field)for rare Monday Night double header with kickoff around 735pm NY time.

This matchup I think (correct me if I am wrong)will now be shown to all of America on FOX-TV. Oringally this was a game seen was suppose to be only in the NYC Metro area, Philly and Minnesota/the Dakotas and shown globally on NFL Sunday Ticket.

I am sure ESPN is not happy that this game will now overshadow their MNF match. Not to mention "Diva QB" Bret Favre who said on ESPN NFL pre game show this morning (12/12/10)he would have sat out the game if held this afternoon. Now he's says it's outside shot but still 'unlikely to play.'

Bret this is Cal Ripen's/Lou Gerieg games played streak, this is the NFL you got to get hurt. Mr. Favre please 'retire' and take a Commentator job as ESPN or w/e station that kisses your butt.:tdown::mad:

Other bad news is that the Vikings may be without a home for reminder of 2010 NFL Regular season and play all of their last few games at either neutral site or on the road as well.:eek:

The Giants/Vikings has been moved to Ford Field in Motown (Lions home field)for rare Monday Night double header with kickoff around 735pm NY time.

This matchup I think (correct me if I am wrong)will now be shown to all of America on FOX-TV. Oringally this was a game seen was suppose to be only in the NYC Metro area, Philly and Minnesota/the Dakotas and shown globally on NFL Sunday Ticket.

I am sure ESPN is not happy that this game will now overshadow their MNF match. Not to mention "Diva QB" Bret Favre who said on ESPN NFL pre game show this morning (12/12/10)he would have sat out the game if held this afternoon. Now he's says it's outside shot but still 'unlikely to play.'

Bret this is Cal Ripen's/Lou Gerieg games played streak, this is the NFL you got to get hurt. Mr. Favre please 'retire' and take a Commentator job as ESPN or w/e station that kisses your butt.:tdown::mad:

Other bad news is that the Vikings may be without a home for reminder of 2010 NFL Regular season and play all of their last few games at either neutral site or on the road as well.:eek:

I am sure the Vikings will demand a new stadium or else they will leave Minny from this situation.:eek:

Archived