Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (bad) N.F.C. West is the highlight of Week 14!

The Rams who won last week to reach .500 lose 31-13 to the Saints to fall to 6-7. The Rams, however, maintain a share of the lead as the Seahawks lose 40-21 to the 49'ers to also fall to 6-7. Both the Rams and Seahawks are 2-5 on the road,

As amazing as this is, the 49'ers, with that 40-21 win, improve to 5-8, and are only one game behind the Rams and Seahawks. The 49'ers are 4-3 at home.

The Cardinals snap a seven game losing streak, beating the Broncos 43-13, to improve to 4-9, and are only two games behind the Rams and Seahawks, and one game behind the 49'ers. The Cardinals are 3-4 at home.

N.F.C. West:

Saint Louis 6-7

Seattle 6-7

San Francisco 5-8 -1

Arizona 4-9 -2

Up Next: the Rams host the Chiefs, the Sehawks host the Falcons, the 49'ers play at the Chargers, and the Cardinals play at the Panthers.

The Chargers shut out the Chiefs 31-0 to improve to 7-6, and 5-2 at home. The Chargers move back into second place, one game behind the Chiefs (8-5, 2-5 on the road).

On Thursday, the Colts held on to beat the Titans 30-28, improving to 7-6 (3-4 on the road). Today the Jaguars come back to beat the Raiders 38-31 and improve to 8-5 (5-2 at home) and maintain their A.F.C. South one game lead.

On a down note, Gang Green loses their second straight game, 10-6 to the Dolphins to fall to 9-4, and 4-3 at home. The Patriots win 36-7 over the Bears to improve to 11-2. The Patriots take a two game lead over Gang Green, and clinch the first postseason spot of this season.

At 9-4, Gang Green is 0.5 game ahead of the Ravens (8-4) and 2 games in front of the Chargers, Colts, and Dolphins (each 7-6). The Ravens play at the Texans in Monday Night Football.

In Sunday Night Football, the Eagles (8-4) play at the Cowboys while the Football Giants (also 8-4), who had their game postponed when the Metrodome roof deflated under heavy snow, will be hosted by the Vikings Monday night at Ford Field in Detroit City. Game time is 7:20pm EST with the Ravens at 8:30pm EST.

The Giants/Vikings has been moved to Ford Field in Motown (Lions home field)for rare Monday Night double header with kickoff around 735pm NY time.

This matchup I think (correct me if I am wrong)will now be shown to all of America on FOX-TV. Oringally this was a game seen was suppose to be only in the NYC Metro area, Philly and Minnesota/the Dakotas and shown globally on NFL Sunday Ticket.

I am sure ESPN is not happy that this game will now overshadow their MNF match. Not to mention "Diva QB" Bret Favre who said on ESPN NFL pre game show this morning (12/12/10)he would have sat out the game if held this afternoon. Now he's says it's outside shot but still 'unlikely to play.'

Bret this is Cal Ripen's/Lou Gerieg games played streak, this is the NFL you got to get hurt. Mr. Favre please 'retire' and take a Commentator job as ESPN or w/e station that kisses your butt.:tdown::mad:

Other bad news is that the Vikings may be without a home for reminder of 2010 NFL Regular season and play all of their last few games at either neutral site or on the road as well.:eek:

The game will not be shown nationwide. Only New York, Albany, Hartford, Binghamation, and several Minneapolis markets will show the game.

At least the circus of the Giants/vikings game being swicthed to Detroit is about over. The Media does not tell you how 'weather' changes plans all the time especially during the MLB baseball regular season affecting teams who traveled. Yet it gets little or no media attention. If this was the NFL Playoffs in this situation happened then I could understand this press attention.

Shifting gears, with the Fish beating the Jets, anyone seen the freak play that Jets Asst. Sal Alosi did to a Dolphins player? Alosi IMO deserves a suspension and fine.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/12/12/2010-12-12_sal_alosi_jets_strength_coach_knees_miamis_nolan_carroll_on_third_quarter_punt_i.html

Coach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDyNvSzyocM

Can anyone tell me why they couldn't play in Target Field other than because of the snow? I mean is the stadium too small for an NFL field?

It also takes time to prepare the field for football too. You have to paint the lines, and set up the goalposts, get the clocks, etc.

As for University of Minnesota's stadium, that stadium was not ready for a football game as the Golden Gophers season was over.

It also takes time to prepare the field for football too. You have to paint the lines, and set up the goalposts, get the clocks, etc.

As for University of Minnesota's stadium, that stadium was not ready for a football game as the Golden Gophers season was over.

A decison will be made by tonight (12/14/10)on whether the MNF Vikings/bears will be in Minnesota at the Univ of Minnesota stadium.

However with only 5 days to get that field ready, I think the Vikings/Bears game will again be in Detroit next Monday Night.

However the final couple of regular season games (Minny is not making the playoffs)might be played at the new buliding of the Golden Gophers though.

Yes, it has: The Lions' last winning season was 2000 A.D. at 9-7 and their last 10+ winning season was 1995 at 10-6. The Lions' last postseason win was 1991. They won the N.F.C. Central with 12-4 and won the Divisional Playoffs 38-6 over the Cowboys (they lost the Conference Championships to the Redskins 41-10). The Lions have never played in The Super Bowl. It's pretty much been bad football in Detroit and Pontiac since 1930.

It's been a while since there was competitive football in Detroit.

Yes, it has: The Lions' last winning season was 2000 A.D. at 9-7 and their last 10+ winning season was 1995 at 10-6. The Lions' last postseason win was 1991. They won the N.F.C. Central with 12-4 and won the Divisional Playoffs 38-6 over the Cowboys (they lost the Conference Championships to the Redskins 41-10). The Lions have never played in The Super Bowl. It's pretty much been bad football in Detroit and Pontiac since 1930.

I think (correct me)the Lions,Cards Eagles and Browns are the only oringal NFL non-expansion teams(since 1950) that have never won the super bowl. And the Browns lead by all time NFL great Jim Brown, that the Cleveland Browns won the NFL Championship in 1964.

With just 3 weeks left in the NFL regular season, the weekend games begin tonight 12/16/10 with 49ers and Chargers playing for playoff spots in the NFL's 'weak' aka west divisions.

Jets play the Steelers at Heinz Stadium while the Eagles and Giants play the

2nd game of their season series and likely a NFC East title on the line.

Shifting gears for minute. Just looked at the college bowl schedule again and was shocked at the date of BCS(NCAA)Championship game between Cam Newton's Auburn Univ. team and the Oregon Ducks.

The game is set for Monday January 10, 2011. Man that a 1-month layoff for both teams. And yet the College presidents from the major schools oppose a College Football Playoff?

What a joke.:tdown: I am not suggesting college football Divison I or w/e it's called these days, have a 65-team tournment but still that enough time to have at least 8-teams make the playoffs and finish by the 2nd week in January.

Good game at the new Meadowlands. As of 420pm today 12/19/10, in mid-4th Quarter, the Giants and Birds are tied 31-31. Vick leads Philly in huge comeback as game is about to go to overtime. If big Blue hangs on, they just dramtically increased their chances of winning the NFC East. Also the winner of today's game will likely get a home game either in the 1st round(wild card weekend)or in best case as a possible #2 seed in the NFC Divisonal playoffs.

More than likely both the Giants and Birds will both make the playoffs but winning this important game means difference between having a home game or being on the road the entire playoffs.

Also the Colts stayed alive in their division beating the Jags.

Jets game in Pittsburgh vs. Steelers about to start.

^^ Giants just lost in regulation, bro.... 38-31

key term = in regulation

Everybody's gonna blame the punter for kicking it right to DeSean Jackson.... but that's not where they lost the game IMO.... It wasn't even on that onside kick (which was a smart call on Reid's part in that situation, and I called it too)....

They lost this game on that potential game winning drive... poor game mismanagement...

full knowing you have 3 TO's, and your opponent has none....

on 1st & 10, that has to be a running play... even if you lose yards, you still take time off the clock...

^^ Giants just lost in regulation, bro.... 38-31

key term = in regulation

Everybody's gonna blame the punter for kicking it right to DeSean Jackson.... but that's not where they lost the game IMO.... It wasn't even on that onside kick (which was a smart call on Reid's part in that situation, and I called it too)....

They lost this game on that potential game winning drive... poor game mismanagement...

full knowing you have 3 TO's, and your opponent has none....

on 1st & 10, that has to be a running play... even if you lose yards, you still take time off the clock...

was on phone with brother in last few minutes while typing so was not totally focusing on game sorry.:P Just Multi tasking lol.

B35 i think the Colts will win that AFC South(why is Indy in that division?)but w/o surives will likely loss in first round. This season is the weakest as a whole I ever seen the NFL with so many bad and medicore teams. Even the 'elite' teams i.e Falcons, Pats, Ravens, and Steelers have flaws.

was on phone with brother in last few minutes while typing so was not totally focusing on game sorry.:P Just Multi tasking lol.

B35 i think the Colts will win that AFC South(why is Indy in that division?) but w/o surives will likely loss in first round.

As you said earlier, both the Eagles & the Giants will end up making the playoffs....

as for Eli's brother there, I'm not so sure.... the Colts basically gotta run the table... even though they beat the Jags to stay alive, I think the Jags are the better team, and they'll end up making the playoffs instead....

If the Colts end up making it, I would be very worried if I'm any one of the 5 other teams in the AFC playoffs (including the Pats) - it would mean they'd be coming into the playoffs on a streak....

the division where the playoffs will have 2 representatives (teams) from, are the AFC North & the NFC East...

This season is the weakest as a whole I ever seen the NFL with so many bad and medicore teams. Even the 'elite' teams i.e Falcons, Pats, Ravens, and Steelers have flaws.

Agreed.

the Falcons haven't really beat too many (decent) teams worthwhile (which is why they're flying under the radar), both the Ravens & the Steelers are inconsistent (you can throw both NY teams in that mix also)....

and do I really have to mention the NFC West....

Agreed.

the Falcons haven't really beat too many (decent) teams worthwhile (which is why they're flying under the radar), both the Ravens & the Steelers are inconsistent (you can throw both NY teams in that mix also)....

and do I really have to mention the NFC West....

This year has been so wacky a team out of nowhere like the Chargers who will likely win the AFC 'weak' lol makes the super bowl.:confused:

I am not saying SD will win the AFC but making the point this NFL post season will be hard to predict.

I cannot believe all the freaking idiots blaming the Giants Punter Matt Dodge for the Loss!!! It is the equivalent to people blaming Bill Buckner for the Red Sox losing the World Series in 1986 when the persons at fault for the loss were Calvin Schiraldi who gave up THREE straight two outs hits, and had TWO of those hitters (Gary Carter and Ray Knight) down to their last strikes (BTW: The Mets are the only team in baseball HISTORY to win a World Series that was ONE strike away from losing it) and Bob Stanley, who against Mookie Wilson threw the game tying Wild Pitch that scored Kevin Mitchell (BTW: Wilson was down to his last strike as well!) that set up the Buckner error and of finally course Schiraldi again, who in the bottom of the seventh in Game 7 with the score tied at three, gave up a tie breaking Home Run to Ray Knight that won the game and World Series for them. The Giants Defense blew a 21 Point Lead, not Matt Dodge!

You do have to blame someone and since Matt Dodge kicked the ball to DeSean Jackson and he won on a last second punt return for a touchdown....there you go.

I will say this loss is totally inexcusable and being up 31-10 with 7 minutes to go, the Giants should have been running the ball as B35 mentioned to run the clock down. The Eagles pretty much control their destiny now in the NFC East. On the Colts-Jaguars game, this was a bad loss for the Jaguars as they would have pretty much ended the Colts hopes of any playoff action.

Archived