Will Lionel Maintenance Kit work with MTH trains?

I was wondering if the Lionel Maintenance kit would work with the MTH trains?

Just curious. Just got my R-1 yesterday and I was told that the battery need to be changed and also the wheels need to be oiled and stuff.

Thanks

As a collector/operator, I use various products to clean my MTH Subways with. However, Im not sure if it will hurt the cars if you use Lionel products. The battery I believe would need to come from MTH. But oil and stuff, im sure Lionel, or any household hardware oil can be used.:tup:

Thank you sir.

Glad to learn something new B)

I wanted these R1's since last year but didn't have the money. I bought the R-40 slants instead.

Luckily one year later on the anniversary that I bought the slants, I was able to get a good deal on the R1's from ebay. Price was $636 plus shipping and handling.

Well worth the investment as she's not that easy to find these days.

It seems that EVERYONE has an R1... Execpt for me... I can't find one for a reasonable price. All I have are the R26's, SD70ACe, and an 0-6-0 steam engine. I heard that trainworld has the R-40 Slants for $349.99. Should I go for it Zach??

-(A)(N)(D)<R>(E)(W)

P.S. Yeah It should work, but only if you use the oil, grease, and track cleaner. The battery needs to be from MTH, just like zach said.

Thank you sir.

Glad to learn something new :D

I wanted these R1's since last year but didn't have the money. I bought the R-40 slants instead.

Luckily one year later on the anniversary that I bought the slants, I was able to get a good deal on the R1's from ebay. Price was $636 plus shipping and handling.

Well worth the investment as she's not that easy to find these days.

No problem. $635 for 4 or 6 cars?

It seems that EVERYONE has an R1... Execpt for me... I can't find one for a reasonable price. All I have are the R26's, SD70ACe, and an 0-6-0 steam engine. I heard that trainworld has the R-40 Slants for $349.99. Should I go for it Zach??

-(A)(N)(D)<R>(E)(W)

P.S. Yeah It should work, but only if you use the oil, grease, and track cleaner. The battery needs to be from MTH, just like zach said.

I know, For $349 Im thinking of getting another B):tup: Signing it up as the (:). For $349, thats a good price.

Yeah, the R1s are rare now. I bought mine a few weeks after they came out like in 06. I paid what?, Like, $429.00 for 4, and $150 for the 2 cars? Something like that.

Archived