R160 was on brighton today

trainfan22

Today i seen an not in service R160 going though brighton beach station. I was walking towards brighton beach from my school as im a block away from the station. I see an R160 come though on local track at brighton beach it did NOT stop it kept going though the station it was stillwell bound. So i pay my fare and go up to the platform and the R160 stopped at a red light at ocean parkway. Then after a few seconds it left but the train was signed up as something im not if it was signed up as the (Q) or (N) but it was signed up as something.Then as got on the (Q) train right behind it and when it got stillwell the R160 was past the station going to CI yard. I didnt get to see the numbers but it looked brand new like it just came from the factory.

So the question is are they testing R160s on the (Q)?

And the train was NOT IN SERVICE it did not stop at brighton beach station.

Today i seen an not in service R160 going though brighton beach station. I was walking towards brighton beach from my school as im a block away from the station. I see an R160 come though on local track at brighton beach it did NOT stop it kept going though the station it was stillwell bound. So i pay my fare and go up to the platform and the R160 stopped at a red light at ocean parkway. Then after a few seconds it left but the train was signed up as something im not if it was signed up as the (Q) or (N) but it was signed up as something.Then as got on the (Q) train right behind it and when it got stillwell the R160 was past the station going to CI yard. I didnt get to see the numbers but it looked brand new like it just came from the factory.

So the question is are they testing R160s on the (Q)?

And the train was NOT IN SERVICE it did not stop at brighton beach station.

r160b8778al9.jpg

r160b8807mq7.jpg

LOL!!! I wanna know when that was too? You know to this day, I have yet to get on an R160.:)

Lol. I have a strong feeling that the top photo dates to December 24, 2007. But the 2nd I don't know. Looks like the same day. I just don't want to see my (Q) with R160s, or at least not yet:(. Keep my hippos there for good!:D;)

Lol. I have a strong feeling that the top photo dates to December 24, 2007. But the 2nd I don't know. Looks like the same day. I just don't want to see my (Q) with R160s, or at least not yet:(. Keep my hippos there for good!:D;)

If you ever get a model R160 you gotta post pics man!!!

$$$$$$ :cool:

I don't even want to think about it! I just hope I win the lottery one day so I can get some! I can't really afford to take on any new hobbies. My fleet of 22 buses has cost me about $450, and my fleet of 77 model airplanes has totaled $3200. Maybe one day! But when I do, I have to get a Redbird set, R44, and any NTT.

Actually the day those pictures was taken was the day 4th Ave was Fubar'd due to an AC power failure, so they sent that R160 (N)ovember down Brighton making (Q) Line stops to Stillwell.

The crew changed the Signs to a (Q)uincy so the people wont be confused if they seen a (N)ovember train becasue they wouldnt have gotten on probally.

The R160's (N)ovember software dont have one for Brigthon Line Stops.

I remember when I got on the R160, during the 20-day trial on the A line. It was awesome!

I was getting off the J train that day, because I plotted out the time it would take to get from Broadway Junction to Broadway-Nassau. Ever since then, I caught it at Euclid Avenue(My school was upstairs, and I live at 145th st. in Manhattan). Long ride!

The R160's (N)ovember software dont have one for Brigthon Line Stops.
Actually, probably not the later R160s, but the first set does have the program for the (N) via Brighton. Want proof? Alright.

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

These are from long ago when I first rode the R160s in November of 2006.

Actually, probably not the later R160s, but the first set does have the program for the (N) via Brighton. Want proof? Alright.

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

These are from long ago when I first rode the R160s in November of 2006.

Ah i stand corrected that was the first Alstom Set in service i think, 8652-8656+8656-8662.

I think that may have the programming i wont know for sure unless i get that i get that set next week when i work on the (N)ovember.

Ah i stand corrected that was the first Alstom Set in service i think, 8652-8656+8656-8662.

I think that may have the programming i wont know for sure unless i get that i get that set next week when i work on the (N)ovember.

Nah, this was the R160B 8713-8722 set. These particular shots were taken on 8713.

Archived