Jackie Gleason buses to West Farms?!?!?!?

I Run Trains

Yes they did. Alot of the 400-600 series from the Farms went to KB, and KBs RTSs went to Brooklyn and Queens. There was a huge swap of buses. By now the logos should of been off, but maybe Some of WF buses are going to Gleason, and some of Gleason is going there. Possible mileage swapping between the two depots.

It wouldn't be an Orion V CNG, as WF is an Orion VII CNG depot. They try to keep same make in the depots. When I did work at WF, I did see JG's New Flyer CNG in there, on two occasions. They were in the shop though. I wondered if they were letting the GM of WF see those buses, so possibly when the swap happened, they could of gotten some of those instead. I prefer the NF CNG, over the Orion VII CNG.

Yeah the NF isn't limited to 40MPH like the VII.

Those NF CNG's are 875, 911, and 912, they always run as not in service routes @ Throggs Neck/Tremont/White Plains Road (weekdays yes, I don't know about weekends, they do go towards West Farms it seems like).

7692 I remember did past 40, I still heard it being floored in the 6th gear.

(Oddly first and second gear is so close, it sounds like one gear usually, waste of a gear).

Off-Topic (not worth a thread): You know of any ZF Powered Orion VII CNG (7685-7819) that's getting new paint? There's one running right now on the Bx31 with NO ads, no blue stripe @ the rear, but the black part of the rear is still there. First time I've seen one like that, but it was too far to see the bus number.

Off-Topic (not worth a thread): You know of any ZF Powered Orion VII CNG (7685-7819) that's getting new paint? There's one running right now on the Bx31 with NO ads, no blue stripe @ the rear, but the black part of the rear is still there. First time I've seen one like that, but it was too far to see the bus number.
Nevermind, I found out that it was 7700 today, the first ZF 7.501 CNG with the new paint scheme. It's not exactly finished.

I take it there is no blue stripe in the back....
All that was there was the MTA logo, most of the stripe, and 7700 on the front, and sides (not the top, just in the stripe) the rest was clear except the CNG logo.

Archived