NYC Motorman/Train OP test question

kdan1981

OK i just got my Motorman passbook in the mail i want to start studying for the exam.But my question is, is the book and everything in it the same thing as the real exam..or is this just a study guide for me to look over before the test???

So I guess I'm the right man to answer.lOL. In any case the Last T/O Exam was nothing like the passbook which I also got. The real Exam was not that hard it was Reading Comp. then answer the question. The passbook was on point when I took the Property Protection and Conductor Exam.

As of now there is no talk about when the next T/O exam will be given they have a big list of T/O's to call. Those waiting to be called for T/O they are still strong in hiring. They are starting a new class every 4 to 5 Months since the Instuctors can only do so many classes at a time. The average classes coming out are between 30to 90 Student T/O's.

Conductors Exam: They still calling they got a new classes in school car.

I am waiting for the crew office to mess up and send a New T/O & C/R down the road together.

OK i just got my Motorman passbook in the mail i want to start studying for the exam.But my question is, is the book and everything in it the same thing as the real exam..or is this just a study guide for me to look over before the test???

Dave is right. But what it does, is mentally prepare you what to look for on the exam. The actual exam, you ready a paragraph, and pick out the best answer. The book helped me be mentally prepared, and focused on what to look for. The book I had also had signs, signals, car lengths, and brake/straight air pipe stuff. This stuff you might need down the road. So it isn't a waste.

A fellow B/O from KB took that test, and went down last week for it. He declined it though. At top pay, a B/O does make more than a C/R.

So after all the progressions and all, a B/O is more off than a C/R. Would've never figured that one.

Archived