The IRS Letter

Coolbreezing

We noticed that president Bush offered a stimulus credit to help boost the economy. The idea is that by spending that money you are helping the economy, which is merely the truth. Just because we spent more does not mean the economy is doing well ....it is where we got that stimulus money to spend in the market that matters. As citizens, it is our right to know whose going to pay for it. The reason why citizens are skeptic about this stimulus money is because their don't know where it's coming from. Some say it is a money that is lend at now interest but you will have to pay it back from the 2008 tax return. Others are saying that its free money you will not have to pay it back. And some one else said that it's 10% off our tax bracket plus your status. I tend to agree with that person. because if you think about it, the money ranges from $300.00, $600.00 and the max $1200.00. If you married with one kid you'll get an extra $300.00, if you single you don't get that $300.00. but none the less, the 10% will range from $300.00 - $1200.00 depending on your tax bracket. Your tax bracket is the percentage that the IRS takes off your income. The more you makes the higher your tax bracket. So in essence what the IRS did was lowering your tax bracket. So for example if last year your tax bracket was at 30% they can lower it 20% which mean they tax you less this year. That is why it's free money ...because you already pay for it when they lower your tax bracket. This to me makes more sense because I refuse to think that the IRS will gives us free money. I hope that help you understand where that free money coming from.

In your case Harry you' ll receive nothing. However though, you will end up owing less than $1707.00. Hopefully you married with kids, if that is the case you'll get the maximum which could be something around $1500.00. If you get that you'll owe $207.00. However if your income is anywhere over $150 k uncle will penalize you by giving you less regardless of your status. This is why sometime its worth it to have a tax deductible retirement plain like a Traditional IRA to help reduce your total income. The Traditional IRA has strict rules base on income, its something you may want to look into. Also if you own a home it may help with your tax. There are some options out their ....you just got to look deep enough.

In your case Harry you' ll receive nothing. However though, you will end up owing less than $1707.00. Hopefully you married with kids, if that is the case you'll get the maximum which could be something around $1500.00. If you get that you'll owe $207.00. However if your income is anywhere over $150 k uncle will penalize you by giving you less regardless of your status. This is why sometime its worth it to have a tax deductible retirement plain like a Traditional IRA to help reduce your total income. The Traditional IRA has strict rules base on income, its something you may want to look into. Also if you own a home it may help with your tax. There are some options out their ....you just got to look deep enough.

Not married, and no kids. My girl got a letter also saying she owes $3401. We are both loving the IRS at this very moment.

You not alone Harry .....my wife and I owe them from last year tax. We had to set up a payment plain to pay uncle .....I believe the amount was $3400.00. All that was due to the fact that our tax bracket had change. I learn now to claim o dependent even though I have on child.

I'll use your credit card number to keep it going. I'm sure you won't mind. :)

Owing the I.R.S. money, and now hacking peoples credit cards from the CPU. Your a bad, bad, person. I'll make sure I testify on behalf of the prosecution, to get you the maximum sentence.

Why? You gonna ban me?

Yes! :)

Actually the money that I owe the IRS was caused by a mistake by the broker (idiots) who did my taxes and it will get straightened up hopefully before the stimulus check is sent out. So I won't be in any court anytime soon.

Yes! :)

Actually the money that I owe the IRS was caused by a mistake by the broker (idiots) who did my taxes and it will get straightened up hopefully before the stimulus check is sent out. So I won't be in any court anytime soon.

Well, hopefully everything works out. I owe some too, but I'm not sure how much yet. But it should be less that $500. So hopefully I get a little money!

Yes! :D

I use Jackson Hewitt. Same person, same price. I have no worries......

I can't wait for the stimulus check to come.

Please refrain from using stimulus and come in the same sentence with me around.

I might say something like, "if I get $600 (on top of the grand and a half I already got), it will stimulate me so much, I just might come........

Please refrain from using stimulus and come in the same sentence with me around.

I might say something like, "if I get $600 (on top of the grand and a half I already got), it will stimulate me so much, I just might come........

LMAO! You are out of control!

LOL. Well we don't wanna hear that now! Be nice! I haven't heard "afro american" in ages!

It should be Afro-West Indian American. Everyone thinks I am from the Islands (facial features), then when I talk normally they think the good ol' south.....I do sound West Indian, only when excited or angry........

It should be Afro-West Indian American. Everyone thinks I am from the Islands (facial features), then when I talk normally they think the good ol' south.....I do sound West Indian, only when excited or angry........

The only time I hear "afro" nowadays is in spanish when refering to myself and my other "afro borica" and "afro cubano" friends. Pa' que tu lo sepas!

The only time I hear "afro" nowadays is in spanish when refering to myself and my other "afro borica" and "afro cubano" friends. Pa' que tu lo sepas!

Even though we are getting off topic: You have a brain in your head. The reason I say that is, too many Afro Hispanics think they ain't black. Me no black like you, they say. Brown (unless you are Wesley Snipes, or Charlie and Eddie Murphy) peoples come in many languages, as Africans were bought to all parts of the Americas, by many different European countries, with different languages. If we all realize this, and ban together, realizing our true roots, we wouldn't be so much of a minority anymore. But still the census puts Hispanic. The census should be Negroid, Mongoloid, or Caucasoid. Native Americans would be mongoloid, and Arabs are referred to as ethnic whites at times. Blood tests and DNA tells alot. Skin color is just that. It doesn't tell what race you are.

Look at Adolfo Carrión, Jr. (Bronx Borough President), or the extra crispy Sammy Sosa. As a matter of fact during the hot summer months, Sammy Sosa is blacker than Snipes and the Murphys'. I've had him on the bus, and seen how dark he can be up-close.

Even though we are getting off topic: You have a brain in your head. The reason I say that is, too many Afro Hispanics think they ain't black. Me no black like you, they say. Brown (unless you are Wesley Snipes, or Charlie and Eddie Murphy) peoples come in many languages, as Africans were bought to all parts of the Americas, by many different European countries, with different languages. If we all realize this, and ban together, realizing our true roots, we wouldn't be so much of a minority anymore. But still the census puts Hispanic. The census should be Negroid, Mongoloid, or Caucasoid. Native Americans would be mongoloid, and Arabs are referred to as ethnic whites at times. Blood tests and DNA tells alot. Skin color is just that. It doesn't tell what race you are.

Look at Adolfo Carrión, Jr. (Bronx Borough President), or the extra crispy Sammy Sosa. As a matter of fact during the hot summer months, Sammy Sosa is blacker than Snipes and the Murphys'. I've had him on the bus, and seen how dark he can be up-close.

I feel that 100. I just put black on the census. Because when I look in the mirror, it is so blatantly obvious that I am of African decent. I do know lots of people like that though. It's wierd to me. They say "Im not black I'm dominican!" or whatever.... and I'm like.... ok....... and you just happen to be as dark as me by chance right???? Then there was this one kat that "said" he was dominican, talked with a spanish accent and the whole nine yards. So I proceeded to talk to him is spanish, and he had no clue as to what I was talking about! So i'm like... why the need to be fake? Take pride in being black, and not wanting to be what you are not. Have some self esteem! I told him the only difference between he and I was the fact that my ancestors picked cotton in PR, and his in Alabama! But it was like talking to a brick wall. Kids. He came up with some excuse about his parents didn't speak spanish to him growing up. Yeah right! in NYC? PALEEEASE!

I feel that 100. I just put black on the census. Because when I look in the mirror, it is so blatantly obvious that I am of African decent. I do know lots of people like that though. It's wierd to me. They say "Im not black I'm dominican!" or whatever.... and I'm like.... ok....... and you just happen to be as dark as me by chance right???? Then there was this one kat that "said" he was dominican, talked with a spanish accent and the whole nine yards. So I proceeded to talk to him is spanish, and he had no clue as to what I was talking about! So i'm like... why the need to be fake? Take pride in being black, and not wanting to be what you are not. Have some self esteem! I told him the only difference between he and I was the fact that my ancestors picked cotton in PR, and his in Alabama! But it was like talking to a brick wall. Kids. He came up with some excuse about his parents didn't speak spanish to him growing up. Yeah right! in NYC? PALEEEASE!

As for those who say I'm not black, I'm Dominican (they are yusually the culprits of this statement), they need to be educated. Dominican is an ethnicity, a culture, not a race. They fail to realize their race is Negroid, their ethnicity is Dominican.

What you told the other person about cotton picking, was greeat. I like to go further and tell them we may speak different primary languages, but think of this. Lets say a family of Africans were captured to become slaves. Mommy daddy, and 8 kids. Let's forget the parents for a moment and think of the kids. 2 kids are taken to Brazil by Portugal, 2 taken to the USA by England, 2 by Spain to Dominican Republic, and 2 by France to Haiti. They are all brothers and sisters. They get older have kids of their, own and start speaking the language of their owners countries. Their kids are all cousins, and over time become distant cousins, as each generation breeds. Still they are related, but now speak a different language. I hope some get the point.....I know you know this already.

Archived