Path Extention?

Iamthe1

Fair enough, but I still stand by my statements about the contractors. B):P

On a more serious note...how many people would actually use the Grand Central connection?

Exact figure, I don't know. But it's for those who work on the east side of midtown, to give them the benefit of direct service without having to work one's way through lower Manhattan, or to cram on something going crosstown.

I want to say also for the benefit of future (T) passengers who would be doing business in Jersey, but that's some time off.

Exact figure, I don't know. But it's for those who work on the east side of midtown, to give them the benefit of direct service without having to work one's way through lower Manhattan, or to cram on something going crosstown.

I want to say also for the benefit of future (T) passengers who would be doing business in Jersey, but that's some time off.

IMO, it should go to Grand Central (that is, if it can maneuver out of 33 St first)(I heard the IRT blocked PATH's ROW) and then end somewhere near the UN.

IMO, it should go to Grand Central (that is, if it can maneuver out of 33 St first)(I heard the IRT blocked PATH's ROW) and then end somewhere near the UN.

It's a challenge, but more complicated issues have been overcome. I thought it was the IND that blocked PATH's ROW at 33rd Street? Or do you mean the Astor Place stub?

My Friend in the PATH said my proposed Extensions might happen. As for 33rd to GTC , how is that even possible? But that would be awesome if you could build it....to many Underground things in the way.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=106428077390771295791.00048b60c22710c9908f2&ll=40.735031,-74.046478&spn=0.069329,0.154324&t=h&z=13

I would consider reevaluating the proposed PATH extension to Plainfield from the 1970's and seeing if it might be viable today.

The Plainfield extension would've cost $500 million (1970's dollars) and was shelved finally in 1975.

I'm not sure why the PA thought Plainfield would've been a good terminal. It's a small city (Population 47,829) in Union County. North Plainfield lies to the north and Scotch Plains to the north and east.

Staten Island, perhaps. It would follow the Northeast Corridor, and veer towards the Island just above the Linden Station. It could run on the North Shore. I'm not sure how happy the MTA would be, though, having PATH and SIR across from each other at St. George.

Staten Island, perhaps. It would follow the Northeast Corridor, and veer towards the Island just above the Linden Station. It could run on the North Shore. I'm not sure how happy the MTA would be, though, having PATH and SIR across from each other at St. George.

Erm , have about no. But look at my proposes , the tracks that Approach Elizabeth Midtown go back towards SI and can be used. Also Extension form Midtown Station on lightly used Freight tracks to Cranford would be nice and feasible. The Whole thing my blogging buddy said form EWR to Jersey Gardens to Elizabeth to Cranford would only cost between 2-3 billion $$$ factoring in Abandoned ROW usage.

Now it's a moot point but I wanted a PATH extension to the Meadowlands. Hopefully they can extend PATH to Newark Airport and Grand Central.

The Light Rail was supposed to go to the Meadowlands via Secaucus form North Bergen JCT but NJT has stalled on that.

Archived