R160s on the A

DaTransitMan4608

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
R160s don't run on the (A)...they only tested on that line in 2006 for a month and that was it.

that's retarded. after that, since it went smoothly, they should have kept it on the (A), so the (A) doesn't have to use some very old cars anymore.

that's retarded. after that, since it went smoothly, they should have kept it on the (A), so the (A) doesn't have to use some very old cars anymore.

it didn't exactly go smooth. They had power problems out in the Rockaways. And IIRC, they will have R179s on the line in the furure.

As nice as it would be for (A)(C) passengers to have a fleet of subway cars that didn't predate the Reagan administration, East New York pretty much put the main reason why the (E) is the only 8th Ave line with NTTs:

it didn't exactly go smooth. They had power problems out in the Rockaways. And IIRC, they will have R179s on the line in the furure.

It's easy to forget that the Rockaway is powered by LIPA, and not Con Edison. LIPA gives less voltage, and a fleet of R160s won't do that stretch of track any good.

As nice as it would be for (A)(C) passengers to have a fleet of subway cars that didn't predate the Reagan administration, East New York pretty much put the main reason why the (E) is the only 8th Ave line with NTTs:

It's easy to forget that the Rockaway is powered by LIPA, and not Con Edison. LIPA gives less voltage, and a fleet of R160s won't do that stretch of track any good.

But Just because they didn't run so great on the Rockaway branch, did they run good on the Lefferts branch?

But Just because they didn't run so great on the Rockaway branch, did they run good on the Lefferts branch?

IIRC, they ended their test run on the Lefferts, so that could possibly be a sign if my memory serves me correct. NX pretty much hit one of the main reasons why R160s on the (A) is problematic. As for the (C), I simply don't know.

Eh, if there were power problems, then they were fixed. Also, may I remind you, R160s test out in the Rockaways. Besides, if it didn't go so smooh then why did they pass their 30-day test on the (A) before being sent back to Coney Island?

Eh, if there were power problems, then they were fixed. Also, may I remind you, R160s test out in the Rockaways. Besides, if it didn't go so smooh then why did they pass their 30-day test on the (A) before being sent back to Coney Island?

Everything went smooth except for the testing in the Rockaways. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that has been fixed by now, as NTT's will have to go to the line permanently one day anyway.

Everything went smooth except for the testing in the Rockaways. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that has been fixed by now, as NTT's will have to go to the line permanently one day anyway.

They did run to Far Rockaway, There is proof, But if that was such a big problem, why they didn't test the R160's on the (C), This is why I don't like the TA when it comes to the (C), the TA loves taking a shit on the (C), The (C) would be nice with R160's.

They did run to Far Rockaway, There is proof, But if that was such a big problem, why they didn't test the R160's on the (C), This is why I don't like the TA when it comes to the (C), the TA loves taking a shit on the (C), The (C) would be nice with R160's.

if they cant run on the (A),they cant run on the (C).thats what i heard.

So how come the R32s are currently on the (C) only and not the (A)? In addition, the R40s and R42s were successful on the (A) but not the (C) due to the stop mark issues.

The R32's and the R42's have a huge life span and can operate here for a long time. They would need a line to run on. One day I am sure that all you new car wishers would wake up and miss the sound of those old cars. The sounds of the new cars like the R160 might be cool but one day they will be annoying to us I promise that. Just to tell you people that want the R44's to go. The SIR would run them for another 5 years.

R160s could run on the (C), even though they never tested on it. How do I know?

Last year, the (E) got rerouted up Central Park West to 168 Street via the (C) line with no problems except that the R160 didn't have a program for (E) to 168

The (E) runs on the same track as the (C) from 42 St to Canel St

The (F) via the (C) from West 4 to Jay runs perfectly fine

The (F) to Euclid via the (A) express or (C) local both run fine

I'm pretty sure the (C) could easily run R160s

The problem was and IS that when you have several R160s out in the Rockaways at the same time, the amperage dropped. This drop would cause systems on the trains to shut down and cause the trains to stop. The problem has not been fixed, but cars can still test out there.

R160s could run on the (C), even though they never tested on it. How do I know?

The (E) runs on the same track as the (C) from 42 St to Canal St

The (F) via the (C) from West 4 to Jay runs perfectly fine

The (F) to Euclid via the (A) express or (C) local both run fine

I'm pretty sure the (C) could easily run R160s

Without a doubt. but this is the MTA we are talking about. They will come up with some silly reason why 160s cant run on the (C). Simple fact I think, they just dont want them there because....R32s are old and closer to 207, so when its time for them to retire, 207 is nearby.

The R160's were tested on the A line to see if they could run everyday service,that was just a part of their 30-day trial phase.they wern't going to the (C) line.

As for the Rockaways,they still have power issuses to work out.the power out there is handled by LIPA,not Con Ed.they can test the R160's,but the (MTA) won't run any NTT on the (A) line till they fix the power issuse.

Archived