R160s on the A

DaTransitMan4608

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So how come the R32s are currently on the (C) only and not the (A)? In addition, the R40s and R42s were successful on the (A) but not the (C) due to the stop mark issues.

The R32s can run on the (A), it's just that there are more than enough R46s on the (A) so that R32s on the (A) isn't necessary. It's not like it can't run R32s. Also, R40s/R42s would have been just fine on the (C) if they had installed new C/R boards.

The R32s can run on the (A), it's just that there are more than enough R46s on the (A) so that R32s on the (A) isn't necessary. It's not like it can't run R32s. Also, R40s/R42s would have been just fine on the (C) if they had installed new C/R boards.

R32's are banned from the (A), That's why there was no R32's on the (A) since early july, The (A) supt. wanted them off, this is the 3rd time this happend, Im glad that that happend, the (A) is slow, CPW and the Rockaways are the only 2 best parts.

and if they wanted updated equipment they would have just sent more R46's to the (C) from jamaica than giving the (C) R160's. and send the R32's back to jamaica to replace the R46's.

I thought the (A) ran more than 2 sets I thought there were at least 5-7sets but I'm unsure,but yes the (C) can run R160's with no problems right (E) ran via CPW local to 168th as said also (E)/© share tracks btwn Canal and 42nd St+(F) gets re-routed via the (A) from Jay-W4 and Euclid to Jay with no problems so yes (C) is fine.Now the (A) I think the power issues was a factor but now I'm sure thats over b\c for months and months sets of 160's would test on that stretch of tracks.

*Also R32's are banned from the (A) not one set has ran on the (A) for nearly a month,they just can't handle what they got.

I thought the (A) ran more than 2 sets I thought there were at least 5-7sets but I'm unsure,but yes the (C) can run R160's with no problems right (E) ran via CPW local to 168th as said also (E)/© share tracks btwn Canal and 42nd St+(F) gets re-routed via the (A) from Jay-W4 and Euclid to Jay with no problems so yes (C) is fine.Now the (A) I think the power issues was a factor but now I'm sure thats over b\c for months and months sets of 160's would test on that stretch of tracks.

*Also R32's are banned from the (A) not one set has ran on the (A) for nearly a month,they just can't handle what they got.

The issue only happens when there's two or more R160s in the Rockaways at the same time.

R32's are banned from the (A), That's why there was no R32's on the (A) since early july, The (A) supt. wanted them off, this is the 3rd time this happend, Im glad that that happend, the (A) is slow, CPW and the Rockaways are the only 2 best parts.

R32 cars are not banned from the (A) line,they're just not needed on the line currently.there are enough R46 cars for the line.

R32 cars are not banned from the (A) line,they're just not needed on the line currently.there are enough R46 cars for the line.

Are you the superintendent? If you are you told me and other personally face2face a that R32's are banned from the (A) b\c you didn't want them there b\c of the complaints from the passengers.

Are you the superintendent? If you are you told me and other personally face2face a that R32's are banned from the (A) b\c you didn't want them there b\c of the complaints from the passengers.

i just love the vast knowledge children bring to this site.

Trust me they are, I know someone that works the (A) line, they don't want them on the (A), the very last time the R32's that were on the (A) it was a Far Rock train and when it got to Far Rock, they took the Train OOS due to the fact that the supt. told the dispacher to dead head the train to 207th st yard, There are a few people who runs the (A) line that have a major problem with the R32's being on the (A), mainly supervisors, this happend more than 3 times. They belong to the (C) anyway, if anything the original plan was to send the extra R32's that were at 207th to jamaica along with the CI set for (R) service for an exchange for more R46's, That idea would have been better than sending all cars to 207th.

No,i'am not a superintendent.

Trust me they are, I know someone that works the (A) line, they don't want them on the (A), the very last time the R32's that were on the (A) it was a Far Rock train and when it got to Far Rock, they took the Train OOS due to the fact that the supt. told the dispacher to dead head the train to 207th st yard, There are a few people who runs the (A) line that have a major problem with the R32's being on the (A), mainly supervisors, this happend more than 3 times. They belong to the (C) anyway, if anything the original plan was to send the extra R32's that were at 207th to jamaica along with the CI set for (R) service for an exchange for more R46's, That idea would have been better than sending all cars to 207th.

If the (MTA) wanted to,they could put them back on the (A).but Pitkin has enough R46 cars to fill service.they are not banned from the line.

The problem was and IS that when you have several R160s out in the Rockaways at the same time, the amperage dropped. This drop would cause systems on the trains to shut down and cause the trains to stop. The problem has not been fixed, but cars can still test out there.

How is this possible if AC Motors have the ability to use induction (as these are Asynchronous Motors) to bring about a higher voltage from a lower voltage? Also by stating that the "Ampere" drops, weren't you trying to imply that the current is different just because the voltage output is different? How does this make sense by definition of Physics when in every circuit, the current is always constant? By that extent regardless of AC or DC motors, not even the SMEEs can work on the Rockaways either. Would you care to explain the Physics of this please?

If the (MTA) wanted to,they could put them back on the (A).but Pitkin has enough R46 cars to fill service.they are not banned from the line.

That what I heard, yeah they can put them back on if they wanted to, I don't care if they are on or not, the same goes from CI, they didn't want that R32 set on the (N)/(Q) it did run on the (Q) but after the 4th time the supt. got involed, if it wasn't for those supervisors that R32 set will still be at CI, supervisors play a big role when it comes to car assignments, but if they are forced then that's a different story, To Me the R32's don't belong on the (A), it would make the problem 10 times worse than what it is now and plus its a subway car with rollsigns, that's another factor on why supervisors and dispashers don't want them on the (A), it screws up everything.

That what I heard, yeah they can put them back on if they wanted to, I don't care if they are on or not, the same goes from CI, they didn't want that R32 set on the (N)/(Q) it did run on the (Q) but after the 4th time the supt. got involed, if it wasn't for those supervisors that R32 set will still be at CI, supervisors play a big role when it comes to car assignments, but if they are forced then that's a different story, To Me the R32's don't belong on the (A), it would make the problem 10 times worse than what it is now and plus its a subway car with rollsigns, that's another factor on why supervisors and dispashers don't want them on the (A), it screws up everything.

IAWTP.

The R32s are NOT banned from the A. They will be back on the A when there are enough available to cover the entire C line and the two A's that are assigned R32s.

and expect to hear my mouth, They don't need to be on the (A), that's one of the reasons why the R32's are acting like shit, because they run them to death on the (A).

How is this possible if AC Motors have the ability to use induction (as these are Asynchronous Motors) to bring about a higher voltage from a lower voltage? Also by stating that the "Ampere" drops, weren't you trying to imply that the current is different just because the voltage output is different? How does this make sense by definition of Physics when in every circuit, the current is always constant? By that extent regardless of AC or DC motors, not even the SMEEs can work on the Rockaways either. Would you care to explain the Physics of this please?

I'm not electrical expert, but the R160s are very sensitive to power drops and when there are several of them out on the Rock at the same time taking power, systems on the trains shut down. They have had problems out there since IND service started since the power near Far Rock comer from LIPA. This all came from people at RCC, CED, and (A) line supervision.

I'm not electrical expert, but the R160s are very sensitive to power drops and when there are several of them out on the Rock at the same time taking power, systems on the trains shut down. They have had problems out there since IND service started since the power near Far Rock comer from LIPA. This all came from people at RCC, CED, and (A) line supervision.

INDman, I am well aware of the fact that every company cannot give away its secrets or every part of their plans. But by the fact that someone told you about the R160s "dropping in Amperes" or what you stated above, convinces me that there were no problems to begin with. Whether or not these "problems" actually happen, I won't be convinced unless I see solid proof from an interior video of a R160 set going through the Rockaway Flats or someone as high-ranked as Professor Gene Sansone gives me the calculations. I'm not pointing out that anyone here is a liar, but the Physics simply doesn't make sense. And as you stated in another thread, "it's against the MTA policy for anything to make sense" for non-employees (more like non-executives).

INDman, I am well aware of the fact that every company cannot give away its secrets or every part of their plans. But by the fact that someone told you about the R160s "dropping in Amperes" or what you stated above, convinces me that there were no problems to begin with. Whether or not these "problems" actually happen, I won't be convinced unless I see solid proof from an interior video of a R160 set going through the Rockaway Flats or someone as high-ranked as Professor Gene Sansone gives me the calculations. I'm not pointing out that anyone here is a liar, but the Physics simply doesn't make sense. And as you stated in another thread, "it's against the MTA policy for anything to make sense" for non-employees (more like non-executives).

As I said before, there have been power problems out there since day 1 or service. R160s are sensitive to any power issue that's why this summer there were several service disruption on the (F) line due too power problems near the Bergen St station. How is it that what I am saying makes sense to people like Joe and Subwayguy who actually work on subway cars?

Archived