(5) Train Service Suspended

ctrain

Due to switch problems at the Eastchester-Dyre Avenue-Station, (5) train service is suspended in both directions from the E 180th Street Station to the Eastchester-Dyre Avenue Station.

As an alternative, customers are advised take(2) train, Bx28 or Bx30 bus making nearby station stops.

Please expect delays in service on the (5) trains at this time.

So do (5) drains reverse at East 180th Street or somewhere along White Plains Road (e.g. Gun Hill Road)?

The Dyre (5) trains terminated at East 180th St and relayed at Morris Park for s/b service. Some Dyre (5) trains terminated at 149th St-Grand Concourse upper level on the (4) line and turned back. Nereid Ave (5) service ran it's normal route.

Send 'em to Pelham B)

Been there, done that. On a redbird (5) at that. Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Relayed a n/b R142 (5) at 138th and 3rd a while back and that's enough Pelham line for me, thank you. If you're a regular (5) line crew Mott Ave (4), Burnside Ave (4) or Gun Hill Road on the (2) come before any destination on the (6) in the wish list of re-route destinations.

Only once in my career did i see a R142 (5) up at Pelham itself early in the PM rush. It went up express to Pelham, when the crew got up there they had to take it right back out after a comfort. At least they were told to go light to 125th then go in service to Flatbush.

Archived