Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

If You Could Build A New York City Subway Car.......

If you could build a New York City Subway Car (I.R.T. and/or B.M.T./IND.):

1) What would your subway car(s) look like and feature

2) What number(s) would you assign your subway car(s)

3) Which line(s) would you like your subway car(s) to run on?

Have fun and be creative! :tup:

My car would be a R1/R160 combo or a R110B/R160 combo. I would assign theme on all the IND/BMT Lines. For the IRT Lines it would be a R110A/R142 combo or R12/R142 combo. It would run on all the IRT Lines. They would all look so intresting.

I would build an R160 Slant with side-window seating. These cars would also have an acceleration rate of 3.0 mph.

You already know these cars would first run on the Brighton. :o

Also, an R32 with the motor of an R1.

WoW now that has my support no doubt:tup:

A stainless steel version of the BMT standards with color LED side and end signs and longitudinal seating, stainless steel poles, a linoleum floor, and the blue interior color scheme from the R16's. Separate controller and brake handle (brake handle on the right of course unlike the BMT cars), and SMEE packages under the car. And a nice new Westinghouse E-cam switch group under the car that uses DC motors. Air bag suspension under the car, plus roof mounted HVAC similar to a SEPTA M-4.

I'd have something like BU cars but with GE PC control. It's a finnicky GE product, but it's just so damn cool. Another modification I would make is replacing the L2G triple valve with a UE-5 universal valve. Electropneumatic brakes are a good thing on a long train. Essentially i'd convert the cars from AML to AMUE.

R160-esque car, in 5- or 4-car sets, articulated, with a slant on one end of the set. The other end would not have a slant, to conserve car space.

Cameras, FINDs, automated announcements, and fold-up seats would all be featured.

These cars would run on overcrowded lines with long underground express runs (i.e. the (4)(5)(E)(F)).

-The body of a R38 but pure stainless stell

-60' long in 4 or 5 car sets

-CBTC/ATO equipped

-color LED destination signs on the front of the train

-Automated announcements for every line, and reroute possible for the ultimate flexibilily

-FIND

-Siemens propulsion

-forward and side facing seats in the B-cars and all side facing sets in the A cars (handicap purposes)

-dual handle controlled (SMEE-style :cool:)

Yard(s) assigned to: Pitkin (A), (H) 207: (C) ENY (J)(L)(CBTC/ATO mode) (M)(Z) Concourse (D) & Clifton for SIR

Car name: R500

Replaces everything R32-R68

Cost: you don't wanna know B)

-dual handle controlled (SMEE-style :cool:)

Do you mean "SMEE-style" as in you believe separate brake stand and master controller is a SMEE idea, or are you trying to say you'd opt for an ME-42 (self-lapping, no separate electric and pneumatic ranges) brake stand?

Do you mean "SMEE-style" as in you believe separate brake stand and master controller is a SMEE idea, or are you trying to say you'd opt for an ME-42 (self-lapping, no separate electric and pneumatic ranges) brake stand?

You mean 850 is not a SMEE trolley?? B) what has the world come to??

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.0; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I mean 2 seperate handles...the ones on the NTTs look like they hurt after a while

My Fantasy subway cars are R172s and R218s.

*The R172s would look like R142s only the metal around head/rear tail lights would be black as a pose to red and the LED route/side LED sign would match the color of the route.(i.e.orange for (D) , green for (4) , etc...). the interior would be just like the R142s except for pink bench seats with purple cloth padding.(like on buses). and 100% LED F.I.N.D.S that display what the R160s display. The interior top LED would display the time , date and temperature and all the other default stuff. and the automated announcements will be voiced by

Tara Strong-Brooks and Trixie Tang(Trixie does the main announcements and Tara does "Stand Clear of the closing doors please") the door chime will be a Tracfone ringtone (Doorbell) . these cars would have Exaggerated Alstom propulsion. The R172s will come out in 2011 and run on the K and P lines and Then progress to the easter division in christmas 2011 and run on the (J) , (L) , and (M) lines. The (Z) can rot with 160s for all I care!

*the R218s would be an advanced R110B basically. They would have a screen in the front displaying the official route bullet((F) , (G) , <Q> , and so

forth.) They would pick up the seat design scheme from R46s. and the interior would be NTT based. The seats would be cloth padded just like R172s. the Frame where ads go in the train now would be HD T.V. like screens displaying ads. and built in Wi-Fi. The Side LEDs will match the color of the route and there would be two layers for one sequence...

(i.e.: (F) 6 Av local

Queens Blvd Exp

(F)JAMAICA-179 ST )

Same goes for R172s.

The interior LEDs , Same thing as the R172s. These cars will come out in 2015 and would have a fusion of Siemens and General Electric Propulsions. They would go onto the Jamaica yard and run on the (F) , (G) , and (R). the (E) will keep all the 160s left over. Until R218s come out , the entire QB line would 100% R160s.

So what do you think?

R9 body

drop celling like R1 103 for A/C

SMEE brake package

LED back lit LOCAL and EXPRESS signs

LED Marker lights

Old style black and white rollsigns

PA system (no computer anouncments)

Door controls inside cabs

Seats made with Kevlar made to look like rattan

All cars are singles

I like diversity so I like several style of trains.

It would be cool to have a train in NYC that looks like the Yamanote in Japan, as well as the Keihin Tohoku. I love their designs, especially their faces/fronts...it looks more like a sleek bus than a train. The trains have soft cushy seats which is also nice.

I also love the colored window seat orientations and shiny stainless steel designs of (:P(D)(N) so those trains I gotta keep.

Ahh Simple

All B.M.T./I.N.D with an R32 Body with corrugations (prevent 80% of graffiti)

same stlyle rollsigns but with LED features

flipdot can be flexible with Route colors to display an orange (F) or a Blue (A)

siemens propulsion. long benches WITHOUT the pole in the middle.

and smaller pentograph gates of stainless steel

similar interior color as the R160's. these will be great crowd handlers and relieve confusion and prevent passengers holding the doors.

As for the IRT lines all R142 car body, however add corrugations to the lower half the cars, similar to the R38 and add FINDs in the interior, rollsigns like the R62, but with LED. :P

Archived