NJT NABI 40-SWF (416) #5201 In Service...

Pictures will explain.

P1010922.jpg

P1010926.jpg

P1010927.jpg

I'll say one thing though....

I said I was going to wait to see the bus in person and ride it, and heres my final verdict, THIS BUS IS OFF THE CHAIN! It looks better in person than what it does when first seen in pictures. Rides great and sounds great! Sounds like a Neoplan Artic but a little better!

Those are some nice shots! I hope it does look better in person cause that bus is fugly!!! LOL

Agreed.

I think it looks fine.

Either you peepers needs checking, or you have bad taste in buses, monsieur Harry. Dat ting is a hideous.......Hideous, I say!!!!!!

5201 will be testing on the 158 again?I heard there's a nother NABI out in Jersey too.

Ya, apparently NJT is testing it on the 158 for one reason and that is, theres this hill the bus goes up coming off River Road, what happens is the NABI breaks everytime going up that hill. So NJT gonna keep trying and they're gonna keep pushing.

BUT, high change it can be on any of the routes out of Fairview, but the main ones are the 156, 158, and 159. When we shot the bus at Lincoln Harbor, we took whatever we could to NY to follow it to PABT. We saw the bus go up the ramps signed as a 159. We waited at the Gate 200 (gate for 159) and had to run out and go to gate 202 (gate for 158) because then it came signed as a 158 (Good thing it didn't sign up as a 156 because the line was so long that it started downstairs). If it does the same run, wait at PABT around 5:45 to 6PM because its gonna be one of the last PM rush put ins from Fairview.

And yes, there is another bus in Joisey. 5202 is somewhere in South Joisey. Either Newton or Washington Township. That one should be going out soon and its most likely gonna be on the 400, or maybe even the 403.

Damn, that bus is awesome! Nice photos!
Awsome pics my favorite is the First one.
Those are some nice shots! I hope it does look better in person cause that bus is fugly!!! LOL
Nice Stuff!
Nice shots, Are any of the other ones in service yet?
Thanks guys!

To nycbusfan, 5201 is currently the only one in service right. 5202 should be seeing service soon down in South Jersey

Either you peepers needs checking, or you have bad taste in buses, monsieur Harry. Dat ting is a hideous.......Hideous, I say!!!!!!
Its not as bad once you see it up close and personal.

Nice shots all around. You were right about it being on the 158.

Saw it in Fort Lee today in front of the high school on Lemoine Ave.

No camera available, maybe next week.

Paul aka the other Pablo

Nice shots all around. You were right about it being on the 158.

Saw it in Fort Lee today in front of the high school on Lemoine Ave.

No camera available, maybe next week.

Paul aka the other Pablo

Thanks! I guess NJT gonna really be testing this bus on the 158 to get up that hill. The Neo Artics have a less powerful engine and they make it up the hill off of River Road just fine. NJT is getting desperate for new buses.

• 4 weeks later...
Any idea if they are still testing 5201 on the 158? And if it is on the same runs as before?

Its coming out on one of the Fairview routes, mainly the 154,156,158,and 159. 5201 moves around from time to time so see if its still at the garage when your looking for it. The 159 takes you right to Fairview Garage.

Its coming out on one of the Fairview routes, mainly the 154,156,158,and 159. 5201 moves around from time to time so see if its still at the garage when your looking for it. The 159 takes you right to Fairview Garage.

Ok cool, thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
5202 will be testing on the 400, however, I havent heard of 5202 being @ Wash. TWP yet.

It seems as though 5202 is nowhere to be found. Back in March, there were rumors of 5202 being in New Jersey already, somewhere in South Jersey particularly. Since then I've had a feeling 5202 is still not in NJ. I heard NABI had up to 5204 at their plants as of March but sort of doubted that because 5201 was still testing even though NABI should be getting them out since the buses are expected for delivery very soon.

• 7 months later...

Archived