Service Attendant

jayt123

I am going in a couple weeks for an information and testing session for an on-call service attendant for metro north. Does anyone know about this job, and are there any available benefit plans even though its on-call ?

More than likely no to the benefits. My girl used to do temporary bridge and tunnel officer (BTO) and she hads benefits but they were worthless, so if this job is only on call then you will not get benefits because you are not a full time employee.

I am going in a couple weeks for an information and testing session for an on-call service attendant for metro north. Does anyone know about this job, and are there any available benefit plans even though its on-call ?

So you are asking if anyone knows anything about this exact job you are asking about, and no other job correct? You also are not asking for speculation from anyone about a job they know nothing about correct? Just checking and verifying with you to try to prevent anyone from responding to you with the wrong information, hearsay, or just wanting to hear themselves talk.

Service attendants are those that staff the service carts in GCT selling chips and drinks and they also staff the bar cars on the New Haven line. Being an "on-call" attendant means that they get called to work when needed (to cover vacations and sick days of others). I'm not sure about benefits as this is something that would be defined in their union rules.

Archived