What happened on the (N)(Q)(R) this morning?

R160

Does anyone know what happened this morning at the 5th avenue station? (N) and (Q) trains were backed up on to the Queens-bound side. It took 18 minutes to get from 30 Av to Broadway.

The conductor kept saying after an "earlier incident" trains are moving slowly, but she never got in to any details (what a surprise.)

It did that in the afternoon too, but what s**t luck I had that day. I took the (N) Broadway local to 34 Street, saw the (Q) across with the green signal down the platform, and ran across thinking the (Q) would go first. The (Q) and the (N) left the station at the same time so I was like WTF? The (Q) ended up skipping 49 Street, but not before the (N) made it to 57 Street first while the (Q) switched to the local tracks south of 57 Street. I missed a <7> as the (Q) pulled into Queensboro Plaza.

the 19th.. what was that, this past thursday....

I noticed at church av, when I was going to work one day this past week {it was either thursday or friday} waiting for the (;), that (Q)'s were signed as going to 57th st... I said to myself "now they're terminating trains there again".....

didn't think much of it, as far as it possibly being due to signal problems or whatever.....

Archived