For those who want to see a RFW on the 1 Line..

RTOMan

OMG if there's a RFW back on the (6) i will never go express on Lexington ever again! lmao

I'm sure there is a rude awakening coming for all of you wanting that railfan window.

The thing is, there'd still be R142As on the (6)...except you'd be seeing 1/4 of them than what you'd be seeing now.

And that's going to really suck. I can see this making the (6) train slower. I hope to God I'm wrong but I'm not optimistic about this at all.

Again: the (6) makes the most sense to swap with the (7) because the (2)(5) swaps trains often and needs the R142s. The (4) doesn't have enough trains to swap with the (7). The (6) has a (6)<6>, so it makes sense to have R62As.

As for maybe moving the (4)'s R142As to the (6) to consolodate that fleet and splitting up the R62As, that is up in the air. But the (4) demanding as it is, I don't think they will get many if any of the R62As that the (6) will get back.

For the single sets, I do wonder if those will be linked to fixed units. If they are linked, then I can see the end of the rfws. Plus once the TS (S) is rennovated to run 5-car trains, then there would be no need for singles.

Again: the (6) makes the most sense to swap with the (7) because the (2)(5) swaps trains often and needs the R142s. The (4) doesn't have enough trains to swap with the (7). The (6) has a (6)<6>, so it makes sense to have R62As.

As for maybe moving the (4)'s R142As to the (6) to consolodate that fleet and splitting up the R62As, that is up in the air. But the (4) demanding as it is, I don't think they will get many if any of the R62As that the (6) will get back.

For the single sets, I do wonder if those will be linked to fixed units. If they are linked, then I can see the end of the rfws. Plus once the TS (S) is rennovated to run 5-car trains, then there would be no need for singles.

There are No Plans to Link the R62A's, That would cost alot of Money, the Swap is bound to Happen anyway, a few hours ago I seen an R142A set in order, 7506-7515, so, its going to happen, as much as I would hate to see this happen, the (7) is better off with the R62A's, Trust Me, They have been doing 1 Track service between GCT and Hunters Point late nights on the (7), The single set will go to the (6) as well as the linked sets, the only problem is that they want this done by the Fall, and the R142A's are only linked in 5 car train sets, unless they do it like the last time, But this will backfire once the politics get involved then that's a different story, Business people and residents from the Bronx and Train Crew are not going to like this, Its No Big deal sending the R62A's to the (5), The (4) would be a better choice because its has no other terminal, I can see the (4) getting them back due to politics or the (2) getting them.

There are No Plans to Link the R62A's, That would cost alot of Money, the Swap is bound to Happen anyway, a few hours ago I seen an R142A set in order, 7506-7515, so, its going to happen, as much as I would hate to see this happen, the (7) is better off with the R62A's, Trust Me, They have been doing 1 Track service between GCT and Hunters Point late nights on the (7), The single set will go to the (6) as well as the linked sets, the only problem is that they want this done by the Fall, and the R142A's are only linked in 5 car train sets, unless they do it like the last time, But this will backfire once the politics get involved then that's a different story, Business people and residents from the Bronx and Train Crew are not going to like this, Its No Big deal sending the R62A's to the (5), The (4) would be a better choice because its has no other terminal, I can see the (4) getting them back due to politics or the (2) getting them.

Can an OTT run under CBTC? Like the R62As out of Corona?

And Back when the R62A's were Brand New, They were supposed to be on the (2), But they rather the (3) get them because back then the (3) was 9 cars.

Archived