New Buses for NYCT

East New York

So its about to be Bus Heaven up in here! Check this out!

(MTA) New York City Transit plans to order 1,952 new buses between 2008 and 2013. At the end of 2014 NYCT hopes to have a fleet total of 5,099 buses! I don't know about ya'll but I cant wait to burn a hole in my MetroCard:D At the end of '07 the fleet total stood at 4,547 buses. 3,317 40fters, 629 New Flyer Artics, and 601 Express Buses. Proposed in the plans is for an order of 1,544 new 40fters (most likely all O7's), 479 MCI's, and 469 new mystery artics.

Current Orders:

745 Orion VII NG's (not confirmed) 1110-1854

126 MCI D4500CT's 4330-4455

82 Mystery Artics 5770-5851

So lets discuss these mystery artics! As of the wee hours of this morning, it appears that the new order for artics will be the New Flyer DE60LF. I hope so, because I was not looking forward to riding any bubble eyed, too long in the front, goofy looking Nova LFS buses. So if I get my wish, it will be powered by the Cat 9 and GM Allison Drive System kickin out 330 HP. I don't know about the torque output, but I will find that out REAL quick!

What sucks is the lawsuit MTA has/had against New Flyer. What also sucks is the fact that New Flyer has a hybrid artic (proven bus). MTA wants hybrids. MTA had dealt with Flyer. All I know is whatever it is, it better have 3 doors this time. Dwell times are horrendous with artcis.

MTA Bus has ordered 82 New Flyer DE60LF (Low Floor Articulated Electric Hybrid) buses. The buses are equipped with Caterpillar C9 with GM Allison HybriDrive System. These buses are also a little bigger than the Galaxy buses (technically is 61' long). There are also 3 doors on the bus, making it the first in the city. All buses will be delivered by the end of the year.

MTA Bus recently received 6 Articulated Galaxy buses (5347-5351, 5420), which was proven to be a big success. The buses will be numbered 5770-5852 (resembling the numbers of the cancelled Galaxy order in 2004). At first, NYC Transit was going to transfer 1000-1069 to MTA Bus. While 1000-1020 and 5420-5430 will transfer, MTA Bus will still receive the Low-Floor Articulated Buses.

The first bus is expected for May 30th and will be based at Far Rockaway. Because the Q22 is considered one of the most crowded bus route (besides the Q7, Q11, Q53, Q65, Q113), they will receive the Artics first. These buses will eventually be based in JFK and Baisley Park. Baisley Park will fully have articulated buses.

If this type of bus is a success, NYC Transit will begin ordering Articulated Buses in 2009-2010 replacing the 1000, 1100 and 5200 series.

With the Bus Rapid Transit, the plans have been halted indefinitely due to other budget problems.

MTA Bus has ordered 82 New Flyer DE60LF (Low Floor Articulated Electric Hybrid) buses. The buses are equipped with Caterpillar C9 with GM Allison HybriDrive System. These buses are also a little bigger than the Galaxy buses (technically is 61' long). There are also 3 doors on the bus, making it the first in the city. All buses will be delivered by the end of the year.

MTA Bus recently received 6 Articulated Galaxy buses (5347-5351, 5420), which was proven to be a big success. The buses will be numbered 5770-5852 (resembling the numbers of the cancelled Galaxy order in 2004). At first, NYC Transit was going to transfer 1000-1069 to MTA Bus. While 1000-1020 and 5420-5430 will transfer, MTA Bus will still receive the Low-Floor Articulated Buses.

The first bus is expected for May 30th and will be based at Far Rockaway. Because the Q22 is considered one of the most crowded bus route (besides the Q7, Q11, Q53, Q65, Q113), they will receive the Artics first. These buses will eventually be based in JFK and Baisley Park. Baisley Park will fully have articulated buses.

If this type of bus is a success, NYC Transit will begin ordering Articulated Buses in 2009-2010 replacing the 1000, 1100 and 5200 series.

With the Bus Rapid Transit, the plans have been halted indefinitely due to other budget problems.

What the!!!!! When did all this happen? Why are they going to MTA Bus? Where did you hear this? And if its still 82 buses then the numbers will be 5770-5851

So its about to be Bus Heaven up in here! Check this out!

(MTA) New York City Transit plans to order 1,952 new buses between 2008 and 2013. At the end of 2014 NYCT hopes to have a fleet total of 5,099 buses! I don't know about ya'll but I cant wait to burn a hole in my MetroCard:D At the end of '07 the fleet total stood at 4,547 buses. 3,317 40fters, 629 New Flyer Artics, and 601 Express Buses. Proposed in the plans is for an order of 1,544 new 40fters (most likely all O7's), 479 MCI's, and 469 new mystery artics.

Current Orders:

745 Orion VII NG's (not confirmed) 1110-1854

126 MCI D4500CT's 4330-4455

82 Mystery Artics 5770-5851

So lets discuss these mystery artics! As of the wee hours of this morning, it appears that the new order for artics will be the New Flyer DE60LF. I hope so, because I was not looking forward to riding any bubble eyed, too long in the front, goofy looking Nova LFS buses. So if I get my wish, it will be powered by the Cat 9 and GM Allison Drive System kickin out 330 HP. I don't know about the torque output, but I will find that out REAL quick!

Yeah I know, these huge bulk bus orders are crazy. Don't forget the overall fleet numbers may be lower due to the fact that the (MTA) will most likely scrap the older buses. But its good that the MTA is replacing some of the older buses, but, they need to order buses that can really last.

• 2 months later...
All the damn different buses man... which one i this...

LOL... The new express buses.

d4500ctSpec.jpg

5420 was never transferred, and no one has evidence that 5402 was transferred either. I haven't seen that bus since Winter and all I take is D60HF based routes.

That one still remains a mystery to me too.

LOL... Well you know Greyhound is the founder of MCI.

You know that Campus Travel Inc. of NYC (aka Campus Coach Lines, Campus and Pocono, Campus Coach Charter Service), was the first private company to buy an MCI, after Greyhound made MCIs available to others.......

• 11 months later...

this topic may be old but the (MTA) cancel the orders of the D60LF.

but that order became NOVABus LFSA,i'm sure NOVABus LFSA will be numbered to 5770-5852 as an replacement order for D60LF.

this topic may be old but the (MTA) cancel the orders of the D60LF.

but that order became NOVABus LFSA,i'm sure NOVABus LFSA will be numbered to 5770-5852 as an replacement order for D60LF.

.....and you had to resurrect this thread....why?.....

Archived