Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
chrislau12

Question about the old C trains

So many of the C trains are now R44s, we know. Does anyone know where the displaced R32s are running, if at all? We don't have much time left with subway trains with RFWs, so if those R32s are running on a different line(s), I want to know where they are, so I can ride them before they go bye-bye. Thanks.

So many of the C trains are now R44s, we know. Does anyone know where the displaced R32s are running, if at all? We don't have much time left with subway trains with RFWs, so if those R32s are running on a different line(s), I want to know where they are, so I can ride them before they go bye-bye. Thanks.

R32s are only on the (C), and sporadically on the (A). The (J)/(Z) uses R42s and those have railfan windows as well. The R44s that are currently on the (C) are interim replacements since there are several R32 sets out of service due to A/C issues.

Here we go with this shit again:( yeah they are still on the (C) and they will stay on the (C), lol,

For a second i thought this thread was about car fleets before the R32s (R10/R27/30) on the (C).. But hell no..

this is why people should learn to peruse other threads for this kind of information. this specific topic has been discussed to death already..... lock time much?

Once again. As I had said a million times before. The R32's are staying. The R44's are temporary. Since they have problems when the R32's have their AC's repaired they will come back the R44's are getting scrapped. There are no new cars for the (A), and (C) yet. Stop wishing for the R32's to go one day you will miss them. Besides and sorry for capitalizing. THE (A) AND THE (C) WILL NOT GAIN NEW CARS UNTIL THE R179 COMES ON 2015 (MTA) DATE. NOW FOR ALL OF YOU WHO DIDN'T KNOW BE HAPPY AND WAIT.

In short, only a few (C) trains are R44s filling in for OOS R32s with A/C and other issues. When those issues are resolved then the R44s will go and the (C) will be back to normal.

The 70(CC)/© is one of my favorite lines (I seem to like locals, mainly, (70(EE), (E), (W), 70(CC)/©, (2), (6), (J)) lol):

While I didn't really like the R10s on the 70(CC), I did like the R1-R9s, R27/R30s and I do like the R32 Brightliners.

I liked when this route ran Bedford Park Boulevard to Euclid Avenue/Beach 116th Street, but its' current route (168th Street to Euclid Avenue) is cool too.

Though a local in both Manhattan and Brooklyn, the (C) is a cool way to reach Central Park, The American Museum Of Natural History, Harlem, Bed-Stuy, East New York, the Transit Museum, PABT and Van Siclen Avenue.

How long was that route the (C) had when it ran from Bedford Park to Rockaway Park?

I would estimate the full (C) route from Bedford Park Boulevard to Beach 116th Street had to be close to 29 or 30 miles. All of it was local.

Eighth Avenue has had the longest runs in the subway thanks to The Rockaways: (A) 207th Street to Mott Avenue; (C) Bedford Park Boulevard to Beach 116th Street and 70(E) 179th Street to Beach 116th Street (35 miles - the longest subway run ever).

I would estimate the full (C) route from Bedford Park Boulevard to Beach 116th Street had to be close to 29 or 30 miles. All of it was local.

Eighth Avenue has had the longest runs in the subway thanks to The Rockaways: (A) 207th Street to Mott Avenue; (C) Bedford Park Boulevard to Beach 116th Street and 70(E) 179th Street to Beach 116th Street (35 miles - the longest subway run ever).

Wow...30 miles of local stops. What a killer for the train crew! Does anybody know how many stops were made along that line?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the (C) fleet are still 32's. ;)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.0; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Wow...30 miles of local stops. What a killer for the train crew! Does anybody know how many stops were made along that line?

Bedford Pk to Rockaway Pk (excluding Aqueduct Racetrack) 61 stops :eek:

179 St to Rockaway Pk (excluding Aqueduct Racetrack) 60 stops :eek:

Damn

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.0; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Bedford Pk to Rockaway Pk (excluding Aqueduct Racetrack) 61 stops :eek:

179 St to Rockaway Pk (excluding Aqueduct Racetrack) 60 stops :eek:

Damn

Damn! The (C) should have ran Concourse Express and bring the (D) in as Concoruse Local during that time

I wished they would have kept that service pattern, yeah it was long as hell, but the (C) was the best line in the system.

Guest lance25

From Bedford Park to Beach 116 St? Yeah... I don't see that coming back ever. Also, keep in mind that when the (C) ran that ridiculously long route, it was a rush-hours only line, meaning that the (A) ran local in Brooklyn for the rest of the day.

From Bedford Park to Beach 116 St? Yeah... I don't see that coming back ever. Also, keep in mind that when the (C) ran that ridiculously long route, it was a rush-hours only line, meaning that the (A) ran local in Brooklyn for the rest of the day.

In other words...by the time the crew got from one end to the other, rush hour was already over.:eek:

Kind of. Back in the day, Eighth Avenue IND. service was interesting. In the early 1970's the (E) ran 179th Street to Euclid Avenue or Beach 116th Street and the 70(CC) ran Bedford Park Boulevard to the World Trade Center then on Friday August 27, 1976 the (E) and 70(CC) had their southern terminals switched.

In either case, Rush Hours then on CPW were similiar to today but with the 70(CC) running to Bedford Park Boulevard and the (:P to 168th Street-Broadway.

What ran as the lpcal during middays, evenings and weekends was the 70(AA) - from 168th Street to the World Trade Center. During rush hours the 70(AA) turned into the (:P from 168th Street to Coney Island. So during non rush hours the 70(AA) was the only local on CPW.

After the (E) and 70(CC) had their southern terminals switched, the (A) became the Fulton Street Express and gradually increased service. Midday Fulton Street express service was added first.

The 70(AA)/(K) being cancelled on December 11, 1988 and the (C) and (B) having their northern terminals switched in early 1998 allowed the (C) to become the train it is today and allowed weekend express service on Fulton Street for the first time.

Out in The Rockaways, the line generally was called the (HH) then (H). Like the 70(AA), it ran Middays, Evenings and Weekends only from Euclid Avenue to Beach 116th Street. (the (E) and then the 70(CC) being the rush hour service.)

At nights, it was known as "The Rockaways Round Robin". It started at Euclid Avenue, traveled to Rockaway Park, traveled to Far Rockaway then returned to Euclid Avenue. For this, it used the short connecting track in Hammel's Wye to travel from Rockaway Park to Far Rockaway.